Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
dont even get me started on chrono cross or so help me!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phantasium posted:

I started playing Chrono Cross again and I still really like it, what's wrong with me?

I, too, like Chrono Cross.

It's a complete mess of a game but it holds together just well enough to be pretty good and cool. Also one of the best-looking games on PS1 with an amazing soundtrack.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kewpuh posted:

eee serge boyo y'see yeh suffer from what we inna medical field calls retarted

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
chrono cross is really boring but it looks extremely pretty and has great music, is my opinion on chrono cross

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

boss we made this rpg with an alright battle system but the plot is some goddamn nonsense what the gently caress do we do????

here do this, add in ozzie flea and slash as alternate characters for the witch, make kid the daughter of lucca, and uhhhh i dunno show the ghosts of characters from chrono trigger in a mall and we should be good to go

you got it thanks boss

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The Colonel posted:

chrono cross is really boring but it looks extremely pretty and has great music, is my opinion on chrono cross

So it's a jrpg then :v:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Square got some mileage out of whatever island vacation they took around that time, with Chrono Cross, FFX, and the first world of Kingdom Hearts.

Kewpuh posted:

boss we made this rpg with an alright battle system but the plot is some goddamn nonsense what the gently caress do we do????

here do this, add in ozzie flea and slash as alternate characters for the witch, make kid the daughter of lucca, and uhhhh i dunno show the ghosts of characters from chrono trigger in a mall and we should be good to go

you got it thanks boss

It's what happens when you base the sequel off a Satellaview only visual novel sequel to an SNES RPG.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

every future game from square must include chrono trigger mall ghosts from this point forward

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TWEWY was pretty good.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

lets call a character glenn but make him have absolutely no relation to probably the most beloved character from chrono trigger and lets add in the masamune but lets tie that into a native american sephiroth

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Phantasium posted:

TWEWY was pretty good.

ya whatever happened to the sequel to that poo poo that game owned

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

ya whatever happened to the sequel to that poo poo that game owned

Nomura's been shackled to vaporware for a decade

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I read that as vaporwave and got excited for a moment

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

chained to the vaporwave

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Phantasium posted:

Square got some mileage out of whatever island vacation they took around that time, with Chrono Cross, FFX, and the first world of Kingdom Hearts.

It's not outside the realm of possibility honestly, the lead director of Square, Hironobu Sakaguchi, did relocate the entire Spirits Within film team to an office in Hawaii because he wanted to live there.

Sakaguchi is cool though. In that longass polygon article on the history of FF7 there's a bit where he stops Tetsuo Nomura in a corridor to show off his brand new jacket with a big Sony logo on it, which was how Nomura found out that Square had ditched Nintendo to work with Sony.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Man, Nomura's the last to learn about anything.

"Sir, you're married and have two kids."*

"poo poo how long has that been?"

*I don't actually know anything about his family.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 15, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Red Bones posted:

In that longass polygon article on the history of FF7 there's a bit where he stops Tetsuo Nomura in a corridor to show off his brand new jacket with a big Sony logo on it, which was how Nomura found out that Square had ditched Nintendo to work with Sony.

savage

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Harrow posted:

Also one of the best-looking games on PS1 with an amazing soundtrack.

It kinda sucks how it's chained to the PS1, because you can see how the menus are at a higher resolution than the main game, and the character models in the status menu look better and are at a higher framerate and have actual shadows.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FauxLeather posted:

Your problem is that you like good games.

If that were the problem, he wouldn't be playing Chrono Cross.

No sir, I don't like it.

raditts fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 15, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That overworld music is awesome, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
enter the gungeon is so cute and fun. it's like the binding of isaac, only good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Same, except the exact opposite

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

huh

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/864239501383684096

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*the thinking smilie that's just a white square on my android tablet for some reason*

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

enter the gungeon is so cute and fun. it's like the binding of isaac, only good

they're both good.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Microsoft really pushing that Phantom Dust IP except for how they screwed with and cancelled the remake.

Want to see them start hyping up Scalebound fanart for no reason.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

i do not like the aesthetics of binding of isaac. it's me, i'm the guy who cares about things other than gameplay

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Came here to post this, I'm Very Excited

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Phantom dust is really good btw. If you have an Xbone or Win10 get on that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lmao didn't they cancel the remake of this like two years ago

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it's a HD version of the Xbox game only with mobile game IAP

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

codenameFANGIO posted:

lmao didn't they cancel the remake of this like two years ago

Yup. And it was because they made ever-increasing demands without providing any more resources, just like Scalebound. Microsoft needs to stop telling developers what to do because they're wicked bad at it.

E: Ahaha I forgot, that E3 Phantom Dust trailer was made without consulting the actual developers so it had nothing to do with anything.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 16, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

enter the gungeon and isaac are both bad for different reasons, where bad here is defined as not nuclear throne, king of kings, blessed be

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Just finished up The Swapper for the first time, that was a pretty fun game even if the story was kinda...idk, I feel like I would've preferred more of a conclusion with some of the stuff that happened, but oh well, still a fun puzzle game :D

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
suddenly i'm reminded of why i don't play civ 4 anymore, it's because all-or-nothing losing units in one attack is top level bullshit and i just threw 20 veteran units at a city with three unpromoted defenders who were a tech era behind and lost them all, and then i got attacked by eight units at a city with six defenders who were a tech era ahead and lost the city

also because unlike civ 5, the ai can spawn units for free, because how else does a 4-population city produce a ten-unit army in eight turns

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

I started playing Trails in the Sky yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far; it's got a whimsy that jrpgs have been missing for awhile and it appeals to me a lot

Be sure to check every chest twice for maximum whimsy. Seriously.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Those chests are extremely sassy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SC didn't have chest messages originally, but I think they've been added since I played it last.

The 3rd's got them too, but a fair few of them are something like "OH GOD WE'VE RUN OUT OF CHEST MESSAGES" :allears:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I played the first case and this Sherlock Holmes game is actually really cool

But what happens if you guess wrong? Does it just play out like you got it right no matter which option you pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If it's Crimes and Punishments then yes, pretty much. You won't get a game over or anything.

• Locked thread