Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

imagine if we lived in the timeline where restive Muslim youths were zonked into passivity by these things. oh brave new world. maybe spinners could've prevented 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

uber_stoat posted:

imagine if we lived in the timeline where restive Muslim youths were zonked into passivity by these things. oh brave new world. maybe spinners could've prevented 9/11.

are you saying autism did 9/11

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Shithouse Dave posted:

I am.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Serious post in a joke thread.

I've honestly purchased 8 different fidget spinners. From the cheap aluminum Chinese ripoffs to the Vorso Flat Top (yes, a 37 year old adult who hasn't yet been hospitalized for debilitating mental illness spent $200 on a ball bearing with a bit of copper around it. i'm sorry). As someone diagnosed with severe anxiety causing depression, these idiotic spinning things provide a strange, slight tactile distraction away from whatever is currently stressing me out. I don't know why. The Vorso spinner is absolutely ludicrously priced and anyone who argues against that fact is as stupid as I was for purchasing one. I still love it but that pricing is cringe-worthy. My easy favorite is the the Spinetic Y but even THAT is a crazy $37.

Checking this silly fad out was an experiment in attempting to ease my daily anxiety. The amount invested in the name of exploration was unnecessary and excessive. In hindsight, maybe just buy a 3/4" ball bearing for $0.15 and fiddle with it if you need a tactile distraction to play with if you feel the need. Learn from my mistakes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Do they make one that's a swastika?

Who wants to start a kickstarter and buy a new car?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I just pick at the calluses on my palm when I feel anxious or fidgety.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Catastrophe posted:

Serious post in a joke thread.

I've honestly purchased 8 different fidget spinners. From the cheap aluminum Chinese ripoffs to the Vorso Flat Top (yes, a 37 year old adult who hasn't yet been hospitalized for debilitating mental illness spent $200 on a ball bearing with a bit of copper around it. i'm sorry). As someone diagnosed with severe anxiety causing depression, these idiotic spinning things provide a strange, slight tactile distraction away from whatever is currently stressing me out. I don't know why. The Vorso spinner is absolutely ludicrously priced and anyone who argues against that fact is as stupid as I was for purchasing one. I still love it but that pricing is cringe-worthy. My easy favorite is the the Spinetic Y but even THAT is a crazy $37.

Checking this silly fad out was an experiment in attempting to ease my daily anxiety. The amount invested in the name of exploration was unnecessary and excessive. In hindsight, maybe just buy a 3/4" ball bearing for $0.15 and fiddle with it if you need a tactile distraction to play with if you feel the need. Learn from my mistakes.

If it works for you, good on you. I have actually bought a fidget cube, to give to my grandma later today as one of her mothersday gifts. I hope it helps her out, and she doesn't get confused why her new remote control won't turn on her tee-vee. I'm gonna tell her it's the new big fad, and now she can be one of the kewl grandmas.

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."
I'm aiming >$100 for my executive fidgety grandma

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Shithouse Dave posted:

saudism

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
A coworker who sits next to me brought one of these in on Friday and I was like "uhhhhh what the gently caress is that"

Then I got to hear the joyful noise of it spinning all day.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Why aren't there any fidget spinners that look like bicycle wheels? They could have rubber tires, changeable spokes, and rims so you could swap parts with friends, and customize your wheels.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jesus loving christ you god drat idiot this is Something Awful not Kickstarter. Delete your post and get on there this minute or someone else is going to become stinking rich instead of you!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I PMd you with a name for the product; I'll take 10%.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Art is anal fidget spinners

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrPlump posted:

Art is anal fidget spinners

You can't spell bespoke artisanal without poke anal :mmmhmm:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bargearse posted:

I give it another year before they dump millions of unsold fidget spinners in landfills around the world

I give it thirteen months before fidget spinner analogies show up in the Confused Indian Men thread

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

hakimashou posted:

Do they make one that's a swastika?

Who wants to start a kickstarter and buy a new car?

The swastika is an ancient eastern symbol for peace! Achieve total serenity with your new swastika spinner.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

I bought one from a brown guy at a mall kiosk for fifteen bucks. Its kind of soothing. I can't see spending more than 40 on one, and thats just if you want like copper or brass or something.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
These things are flooding various stores and shops in my area, but my guess is that they'll be stuck with tons of unsold merch here in about another few weeks (school ending, so kids can't take them to school to show off) and then when school restarts you're going to see schools outright banning them unless you get your kid a note from their doctor that they have a condition that requires them to spin it around to maintain focus in class.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

We gave them spinners and they just threw them at cops? :argh:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's gotta be the most neoliberal thing I've heard of in months btw.

quote:

She first considered designing a “soft rock that kids could throw,” according to CNN Money.

“It started as a way of promoting peace,” Hettinger said.

:catstare:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I saw a youtube recommendation about a 24 hour live stream of fidget spinning.

man the internet was a mistake.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JediTalentAgent posted:

These things are flooding various stores and shops in my area, but my guess is that they'll be stuck with tons of unsold merch here in about another few weeks (school ending, so kids can't take them to school to show off) and then when school restarts you're going to see schools outright banning them unless you get your kid a note from their doctor that they have a condition that requires them to spin it around to maintain focus in class.

Someone will challenge that ban because it promotes bullying rewards those who fidget spin.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Lol maybe somebody shod invent a bulldozer with a soft foam blade to keep the Israelis peoccupied.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Replacing all the rocks in gaza with soft foam rocks might be the most realistic solution to the israel/palestininan conflict.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
If Papa Schiklgruber had just given little Adolf a fidget spinner there wouldn't even be an Israel

relly maeks u think

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Bananaquiter posted:

The swastika is an ancient eastern symbol for peace! Achieve total serenity with your new swastika spinner.

Just call it a Manji!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
This is TYOOL 2017 goons could make a killing on a 'manji' 'eastern good luck' 'totally not a swastika' fidget spinner.

The alt-right is an autistic phenomenon first and foremost.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Wtf, they would just throw the spinners instead then go back to the rocks after they got bored.

Mr. Bones posted:

If Papa Schiklgruber had just given little Adolf a fidget spinner there wouldn't even be an Israel

relly maeks u think

Just wanted to say your name and av own

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A kid with a fidget spinner in both hands has no hands left to do drugs

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Ein cooler Typ posted:

hmmm... so what you are saying is we need a new fidget spinner... that also dispenses drugs/medications?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ein cooler Typ posted:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Spinners are the new drugs.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
just think, you could attach three vapes to that thing, with three different flavors!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Attach the vape to one of those things harmonica players use to play handsfree.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
He'll just put the spinner down hank

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj7HHiHeGWQ

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Look at that loving fingernail. Fuckk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
We got my sons up to about 20,000 rpms using the air compressor. I really thought it was going to explode.

• Locked thread