Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lucifer is honestly the lamest troupe member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I really gotta start remembering to DVR this show, I keep drifting off during it.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That was loving nuts. The music overriding the ED music is a nice touch

It gets crazier next week right

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfpgpf6QVnI

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The indoor fish are such a hosed up Nen Power.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I see Chrollo never read Dune and fell facefirst into the whole "paying attention to prophecies makes you obsessed and fated to them" thing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Some henchmen who called in sick tonight is feeling really good right about now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dangerous Person posted:

That was loving nuts. The music overriding the ED music is a nice touch

It gets crazier next week right

There is an actual fight next week.

I think.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also are we already down two assassins?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"indoor fish" :stare:

I love this show

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhonne posted:

Also are we already down two assassins?

Yep. He killed one by stabbing him with pens a lot. Then used the Indoor Fish to kill the other.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 14, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yep. He killed why by stabbing him with pens a lot. Then used the Indoor Fish to kill the other.

I wonder how many of them they're going to bother killing on screen.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Polygynous posted:

"indoor fish" :stare:

I love this show

A lot of Nen abilities in this show end up being pretty standard power sets, but sometimes they get really weird or creative and end up pretty much being JoJo stand powers. It's great.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

She's become a force ghost.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Not... sure how I feel about the naked force ghost girl appearing to her father like that

I'll probably just scream GUUUUUNDAAAAM. Seems to work for the characters in this show.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I stopped paying attention to Gundam Unicorn a long time ago. Could someone tell me why Gundam has ghosts now?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Dude, he's just not that into you. Get over it.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I stopped paying attention to Gundam Unicorn a long time ago. Could someone tell me why Gundam has ghosts now?

something something Newtypes something something space something something human potential faux-philosophic drivel psychic powers

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Dude, he's just not that into you. Get over it.
he's into him...in my doujins.
He'll always be into him there.

I ask this honestly, what anime DOESN'T have ghosts?

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

They've had force ghosts since the very first Gundam

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I have no context for that old dude, so I'm just gonna call him Popsicle Man Lucius DeBeers

EDIT: So, does that mean the Tachikoma are too smart or too Wheatley dumb to be affected by simple logical paradoxes?

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 14, 2017

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Only three more episodes until the Gundam experiment ends. I can't imagine the block is gonna pick up another series

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
o hai kari tachikoma

EDIT: Batou's like "teh gently caress is the shooting spider tank doing talking like a first-year philosophy student at me?"

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 14, 2017

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

EDIT: So, does that mean the Tachikoma are too smart or too Wheatley dumb to be affected by simple logical paradoxes?

too smart. the support fembots follow pre-programmed runtimes that don't require much thinking; the tachikomas are supposed to have organic intelligence that allows them to improvise sufficiently to avoid freaking out over paradoxes

this intelligence is what's going to gently caress them over hard pretty soon

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Tonight on Ippo we learned to always drink your beer while having a boxing match

Also Ippo almost killed a guy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Only three more episodes until the Gundam experiment ends. I can't imagine the block is gonna pick up another series

We are so getting IBO2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

From what I understand, IBO was ratings poison, so it might be up in the air.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

New Mike Tyson Mysteries tonight

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

From what I understand, IBO was ratings poison, so it might be up in the air.

If Sunrise sells it to them for a price reasonable given the ratings, the possibility increases. If it airs at 2 AM I have no problem with that. Even though I'd prefer this schedule:

1 AM - Hunter X Hunter
1:30 AM - Gundam: Ironier Bloodier Orphans
2 AM - Tokyo Ghoul

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
For a while everyone wanted Neil deGrasse Tyson in their show and now it feels like we're on the tail end of all those series getting released.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i'm surprised we didn't see either Neil get killed considering this show's early days

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

livingfruitvirus posted:

For a while everyone wanted Neil deGrasse Tyson in their show and now it feels like we're on the tail end of all those series getting released.
That wasn't even Neil deGrasse Tyson voicing his animated self, that was Cedric Yarbrough. So the window seems closed.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Weird. I thought Mike Tyson Mysteries wasn't coming back for another week and a half.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I really gotta start remembering to DVR this show, I keep drifting off during it.

I'm like 8 episodes behind and honestly I don't think I give a poo poo enough to catch back up.

So question: Is Tokyo Ghoul like crazy popular? I understand it won a poll to get on Toonami, but I just don't see the appeal. I don't think it's even that bad, it's just criminally boring.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I'm like 8 episodes behind and honestly I don't think I give a poo poo enough to catch back up.

So question: Is Tokyo Ghoul like crazy popular? I understand it won a poll to get on Toonami, but I just don't see the appeal. I don't think it's even that bad, it's just criminally boring.

Did it? For some reason I thought Mob won and they went with Ghoul anyways. I know Mob 100 will get on there eventually so it's not a big deal but I can't see people voting for ghoul over mob.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Why would you assume the thing that got in based on a poll didn't win that poll.

That was the whole point of doing it.

Unless your some insane anime conspiracy theorist.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

KAMEHAMEHAS CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JuniperCake posted:

Did it? For some reason I thought Mob won and they went with Ghoul anyways. I know Mob 100 will get on there eventually so it's not a big deal but I can't see people voting for ghoul over mob.

I think the reasonable person's vote was split between Mob and Lupin enough that Tokyo Ghoul's fanbase was able to get it to the top.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why would you assume the thing that got in based on a poll didn't win that poll.

That was the whole point of doing it.

https://twitter.com/clarknova1/status/803755266743422980

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I guess Funimation offered a cheaper price for Ghoul then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

He did say "show or two" so Mob will most likely be on the block eventually too. Second place Tokyo Ghoul was probably just faster to get for whatever reason.

• Locked thread