Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Troy Queef posted:

This is now the Cy Tolliver Memorial Thread, so get on what the dagos call my sinister side and remember Powers Boothe.

Hoax cocksucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Troy Queef posted:

This is now the Cy Tolliver Memorial Thread, so get on what the dagos call my sinister side and remember Powers Boothe.

Motherfucker don't ever do me like that again

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's getting a lot of traction on news sites so it is kind of hard to say.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
loving hell. I loved Powers Boothe. Dude was such a great villain in so many things, and a great actor in general.

I feel like he'd be okay with this GIF.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

It's getting a lot of traction on news sites so it is kind of hard to say.

Yeah it's official now. He dead. :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

http://tvline.com/2017/05/14/powers-boothe-dies-deadwood-actor-dead-age-68/

Says they got the word from his publicist. :(

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I will always remember him as Grodd from the Justice League cartoons, his voice was just so perfect like Michael Ironsides. (God those two are pretty alike in that they always played bad guys and have kick rear end names)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Troy Queef posted:

gently caress

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
RIP Cy Fuckin' Tolliver :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbTfhGPSoc

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fuckin' gently caress. gently caress.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
What the gently caress :(

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
(He kept saying "Turlet")

Mu Zeta posted:

Damon Lindelof learned from his mistakes on Lost and they don't have to pump out 20+ episodes per season

Honestly I feel like Lindelof just became so bitter after the reception to the Lost finale that he said "You fuckers want a series with answers, how about a series predicated on the idea that there are literally no answers"

And, dammit, it worked

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
sad as hell about powers boothe, he was so good. even in that piece of poo poo sin city sequel :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's time again for Upfronts. Going to do it all in one thread this year. It's stuck up at the top of the forum. But here's a link as well.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Oh poo poo, powers is dead?

Guess I'll stop waiting for season 3 then.
sorry

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Goddamnit Couch Chat.
This is how I have to find out Powers Boothe died?!
:sigh:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Season 2 of Master of None is somehow all of my worst personal anxieties rolled into one.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

MiddleOne posted:

Season 2 of Master of None is somehow all of my worst personal anxieties rolled into one.
I watched the whole season this weekend, it was really good, and very tense.

Allora

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Twitch is running a Mr. Rogers marathon with over 800 episodes

https://www.twitch.tv/misterrogers?utm_content=sf78982620&utm_medium=spredfast&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=corporate&sf78982620=1

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Derrick Beckles and Eric Andre are teaming up for a new Adult Swim show "Mostly 4 Millennials." Which if you've seen anything by either of those two know that this will be a funny nightmare.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I forgot how long he was doing this show that and how much of a Pittsburghese accent he had. Also my favorite fun fact is that both George Romero and Michael Keaton got their starts working on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Neon Joe Werewolf Hunter s2 runs next week.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Derrick Beckles and Eric Andre are teaming up for a new Adult Swim show "Mostly 4 Millennials." Which if you've seen anything by either of those two know that this will be a funny nightmare.
I don't know who Derrick Beckles is, but for anything Eric Andre does, I'll be there.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't understand Eric Andre. I doubt i ever will.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Eric Andre: Talk Shows
Venture Brothers: Johnny Quest

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

get that OUT of my face posted:

I don't know who Derrick Beckles is, but for anything Eric Andre does, I'll be there.

He's the guy behind TV Carnage and did a couple of seasons of Hot Package

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I like both those guys but woof I hope they rename it, that title is dog poo poo.

e: I finally started on Veep season 6 and holy poo poo, this is the funniest the show has ever been after only 2 episodes. Episode 2 might in fact be the funniest thing I've ever seen on television. Too many jokes to even count.

precision fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 16, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

I like both those guys but woof I hope they rename it, that title is dog poo poo.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that title is ironic.

I liked Eric Andre in DTTB and Man Seeking Woman but his show on adult swim seems way too tryhard to be wacky crazy monkeycheese poo poo. It just makes me miss SBC2C, a talk show parody that was actually funny.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah but even as irony it's still a dumb name for a show, and I want Eric Andre to succeed.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Rocksicles posted:

I don't understand Eric Andre. I doubt i ever will.

Eric Andre is Space Ghost reborn.

He's a self-absorbed, self-important talk show host who hates hosting a talk show, perpetually frustrated at being upstaged by his sidekick.

raditts posted:

I liked Eric Andre in DTTB and Man Seeking Woman but his show on adult swim seems way too tryhard to be wacky crazy monkeycheese poo poo. It just makes me miss SBC2C, a talk show parody that was actually funny.

The Eric Andre Show's chaos is designed and prepared to frustrate and/or frighten the guests. They cut something like half an hour of interview down to a few minutes for the show.

precision posted:

Yeah but even as irony it's still a dumb name for a show, and I want Eric Andre to succeed.

Seems like it's' going to be Beckles' Totally 4 Teens, Take 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Z375WQ9xU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I appreciate you explaining it, but no... he's a giant tit.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's good actually

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

raditts posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that title is ironic.

it is subversive absurdist comedy, dad

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Eric Andre takes full advantage of the fact that most people/their agents will just book a talk show appearance without ever looking in to what it is, or what they'll be doing, or if its even a real show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

One of the dance moms asked if the show was a cartoon or real life before the interview

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

bring back old gbs posted:

Eric Andre takes full advantage of the fact that most people/their agents will just book a talk show appearance without ever looking in to what it is, or what they'll be doing, or if its even a real show.

Which is how we got the story about Lauren Conrad's management calling the show after she ran out of the interview, ranting about how they'd blacklist his name and nobody would ever work with him again...and then a few days later grudgingly calling to confirm Jimmy Kimmel's booking, as he was also their client, knew the game and demanded to be booked on the show.

Like all good shock comedians, though, success is the show's ultimate downfall. Andre's relatively high profile now (Hannibal even more so) and I don't know how much longer they can rope in dupes to take the ride.
As long as we get one more appearance from Reese Witherspoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP0JWJ_LDb8

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I love the Eric Andre Show but the hidden camera pranks and dunking on the guests are probably my least favorite parts of it. The absurd sketches and stream of consciousness transitions are what keep me coming back to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEcnWyN4KYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEz3c6ItG9Y

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Pizza Ball and Octopus sketches are great

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't do abstract comedy, not like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Rocksicles posted:

This season of Rogue is awesome stuff. Ethan Kelly is a confident mofo.

Hey somebody else watches and enjoys Rogue! IMO the show greatly improved once they switched the focus Ethan Kelly. Richard Schiff really enjoys playing a ruthless oval office, watching that is fun too.

• Locked thread