Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dice Cut Tomatoes
Jan 6, 2016

Hey all, I have been lurking this thread, and the forums in general, for a while and figured it was time to say hello.

I have been pursuing voice acting for about two years. I did a workshop and some private coaching and was able to get a role in a total conversion Skyrim mod called Enderal [https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/enderal-the-shards-of-order/]. This was the first character role I had ever done publicly. Previously I had done some narration and quite a lot of educational materials for ESL. I recently played through Enderal and can hear things I would change if I could do it again. I wondered at times if I have a slight accent. I also wonder about the sound quality of my setup.

I want to pursue voice acting as a career, and I'd really like to improve in any way I can. I've been auditioning for anything that seems like it would help. Now I am trying to figure out what to do next. I feel like I still have a lot to work on but not sure where I should focus. I have a feeling that I need to work on my diction and possibly my recording process and editing. And on acting in general. I want to get some more coaching, but I feel like I don't know exactly what my specific problems are, so I don't know who to approach for help. And I'm shy. But I'll get over it. As part of the initiation, I took a crack at Summerset Hills:

What do you all think?

Name: Dice Cut Tomatoes

Specialties: Midwestern US accent. I often do authoritative/narrator/educational ESL gigs here in Tokyo. Also, a couple of commercial-ish restaurant videos. Other voices I do are usually cheerful/friendly, smooth/sultry, stern or intense/angry characters. I'm still figuring out my sweet spot and eager to learn as I go.

Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/users/Dice+Cut+Tomatoes

IMDB/Portfolio: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8271319/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Payment: PayPal or other

edit: Filled out the talent form.

Dice Cut Tomatoes fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

The Bible posted:

I live long-term in Korea. Thanks to my visa, I have the option to work outside of English teaching if I can find anything, so about a year and a half ago, I saw an audition ad on CL, so I replied with a phone recorded voice sample.

A year passed with no reply after the audition, so I just figured "whatever, I tried". Out of the blue though, I got a call-back. Apparently, the company hosting the audition is very picky and there were a ton of auditions to sort through, and they eventually selected me. I've been recording for about 6 months now.

The pay is moderate, considering how long a video can take to record (lectures, 30 minute videos I knock out in about an hour or two, hour long videos can take anywhere from 3 to 4 hours), but they have over 500 videos that they insist are voiced by the same person every time (the speaker is always the same, so they want a consistent voice for him, I have a contract that also gives pay raises at every set number of videos), at a rate of about 5/month. Today I also was offered payment for revising the scripts I read from (the translation is good, but not great quality), at the same pay per script as I get for videos.

Not trying to brag here, just excited, and wanted to thank the regulars here. I doubt I would have even entertained the notion of getting into this work if I hadn't curiously clicked this thread, and I've discovered itnis something I really enjoy doing.

I remember youuuuuuuu. If I remember correctly, you also speak another language fluently, correct? Let the know--it'll increase the work you'll be able to do. Unless I'm thinking of someone else (which I may be), but even if I am I remember your username and I'm almost sure we met at a goon meet when I lived there (2008-2009).

Which company/agent are you working with? I worked with two while I was there whom I referred to as 좋은놈 and 나쁜놈 (accordingly with how much/little they screwed me re: pay) and I'm curious if either/both are still around. Also curious what you're getting paid and if it's higher than it was and/or if they're screwing you too. You're welcome to PM me if you prefer and if the latter is happening I can share some info with you if I think it might help.

Also thank goodness they offered to pay you for localization. Some of those scripts can be SO heartbreakingly grammatically awful and if there's an accompanying text that's already gone to print they sometimes won't let you change it. I think I even posted some stuff I recorded in Korea in this thread and you can hear me reading copy with poor grammar I couldn't change through gritted teeth.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
I just got a scam phone call and it was a really good one too. Clearly they had someone of decent talent record their very deceptive message trying to trick people into giving away their personal information. It got me thinking, how common is it for these types of phony businesses to approach talent with an offer? Has anyone here been approached? How can you spot a scam outfit so your voice doesn't end up helping them scam people?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

One issue I run into is when people ask me for my rates I have no idea what to say. I usually ask people what their budget is and go from there. My experience with giving rates up front has always resulted in people walking away (and I'm not asking for a lot of money, either.)

On this linkedin group for VOs I brought this up and people shared the following two links that I thought were helpful.

http://sagaftranumbers.sagaftra.org/ - you put in what kind of ad it is and it generates a standard SAG rate.

http://www.globalvoiceacademy.com/rate-guide/ - More of a loose guide but still helpful.

If anyone wants to check out the LinkedIN group check it out https://www.linkedin.com/groups/132961

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Thanks for the these links! I'm sure they'll be a big help. I also just sent a request to the group.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

There is also the Voices.com group. https://www.linkedin.com/groups/61762

I'm sure there are others as well.

Voices.com, while being an oversaturated pay to play system does a lot of good & free online presentations for VO business guidance. When I was a member of voices I sat in on a bunch of the presentations. They cover audition basics, how to boost your profile, etc. Voices.com is WAY too saturated with talent to consider signing up for, IMO. By the time I got home to record an audition I'd be like submission 250 or higher. Having worked in post-production for years I know that unless people are being super picky they usually find a suitable VO in that 1st 100 (if not 50)

Would we be opposed to making a list of website where people regularly post VO gigs (paid, free & otherwise)?

I've heard people talk about behindthevoiceactors.com but I'm not sure how it works. There are a lot of small fan dubs & other small gigs there.

Other resources?

Palatino
Nov 30, 2016
Hi, I just recently started using my SA account, and I'm looking to get involved in the VA community here. Don't have a ton of experience, beyond working with some coaches/instructors in the Washington, DC area, so I think I'm going to be spending most of my time at first looking through the rest of the thread before really posting.

King Lou posted:

Voices.com, while being an oversaturated pay to play system does a lot of good & free online presentations for VO business guidance. When I was a member of voices I sat in on a bunch of the presentations. They cover audition basics, how to boost your profile, etc. Voices.com is WAY too saturated with talent to consider signing up for, IMO. By the time I got home to record an audition I'd be like submission 250 or higher. Having worked in post-production for years I know that unless people are being super picky they usually find a suitable VO in that 1st 100 (if not 50)

Would we be opposed to making a list of website where people regularly post VO gigs (paid, free & otherwise)?

I've heard people talk about behindthevoiceactors.com but I'm not sure how it works. There are a lot of small fan dubs & other small gigs there.

Other resources?
I've slummed around BTVA since like the start of 2014, and I'd definitely recommend going to places like Voice Acting Alliance (though I think the site just got hacked into, so I wouldn't even click the link without any protection) and Voice Acting Club over it.

I love most of BTVA and even friends with one of the admins, but so much of its casting call service is unfocused. There's no easy way to separate projects that actually show promise (before pay even enters the picture) from things like (and these are real examples) "help me voice my Tumblr ask blog that's a spin-off of this universe that I made by smashing all my fandoms together)", "let's fandub all 500+ episodes of One Piece even though I don't have any experience fandubbing at all" and "Let's fandub the entirety of Drakendard 3, but I'm learning Japanese right now, so I'm expecting everyone to submit everything in English and Japanese so I can see which I like best."

VAA and VAC still have some of that, but it's generally easier to sift through those to find the productions that actually have a chance of getting off the ground, and there's a handful of paid gigs that'll come the sites' ways every once in a while.

The rest of BTVA is a great site, and I'm even friends with one of the admins, but I think even he would agree that the Casting Call section could use a real overhaul. I'm sure there are still some good projects that find their way into that section, but most of them, if they're actually serious, will be on VAA and VAC anyway. I know the indie developing community on another site I frequent tends to favor VAC when they either have no VO budget or have a really small one.

Dice Cut Tomatoes
Jan 6, 2016

Palatino posted:

I've slummed around BTVA since like the start of 2014, and I'd definitely recommend going to places like Voice Acting Alliance (though I think the site just got hacked into, so I wouldn't even click the link without any protection) and Voice Acting Club over it.

I love most of BTVA and even friends with one of the admins, but so much of its casting call service is unfocused. There's no easy way to separate projects that actually show promise (before pay even enters the picture) from things like (and these are real examples) "help me voice my Tumblr ask blog that's a spin-off of this universe that I made by smashing all my fandoms together)", "let's fandub all 500+ episodes of One Piece even though I don't have any experience fandubbing at all" and "Let's fandub the entirety of Drakendard 3, but I'm learning Japanese right now, so I'm expecting everyone to submit everything in English and Japanese so I can see which I like best."

VAA and VAC still have some of that, but it's generally easier to sift through those to find the productions that actually have a chance of getting off the ground, and there's a handful of paid gigs that'll come the sites' ways every once in a while.

VAC has recently been redone with some rule changes. They no longer allow fandubs and want to focus more on original work, which does make it way easier to sift through to find worthwhile auditions. There haven't been very many auditions yet, but it seems pretty active so far.

It sucks that VAA has been hacked since that is where I had found the auditions for some of the things I've voiced.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

I reached out to a tangent agency here in my local area. What general expectations should I have if I start working with a talent agency?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I reached out to a tangent agency here in my local area. What general expectations should I have if I start working with a talent agency?

Well if you work for a tangent agency you should expect a completely different line of thought or action.

Talent agencies are weird. If they like you enough to take you on then you basically wait around for them to tell you to go audition here or there. In my experience they want to make sure that you're good enough to send out to auditions to land them because that is when they make money. I don't know if they take a cut if you do work you find yourself, like an agent... That may sound stupid...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Palatino posted:

Hi, I just recently started using my SA account, and I'm looking to get involved in the VA community here. Don't have a ton of experience, beyond working with some coaches/instructors in the Washington, DC area, so I think I'm going to be spending most of my time at first looking through the rest of the thread before really posting.

The rest of BTVA is a great site, and I'm even friends with one of the admins, but I think even he would agree that the Casting Call section could use a real overhaul. I'm sure there are still some good projects that find their way into that section, but most of them, if they're actually serious, will be on VAA and VAC anyway. I know the indie developing community on another site I frequent tends to favor VAC when they either have no VO budget or have a really small one.

Hey, almost-namesake.

I've been dabbling in VO on BTVA and CCC (Casting Call Club) for something like 6 months with moderate success, and the latter seems to be at least easier to filter, even though the majority of projects are the same. They have actual search and filtering, so you can just hide the majority of fandub stuff and projects without roles for your gender/age. Auditions also don't have to be split in several files, which is a little thing, but, if you record a bunch of auditions in one day, it's an unnecessary waste of time. CCC could still use some improvement, but user experience-wise it's definitely better than BTVA. Plus, occasional paid projects are posted there in a separate section. In the end I just completely abandoned BTVA and switched to CCC.

I could probably do a write-up on types of projects and roles one might get on the website and some general thoughts on things you should be aware of when audiotioning there with maybe some stats based on my personal experience. If anyone's interested, of course.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

King Lou posted:

Well if you work for a tangent agency you should expect a completely different line of thought or action.

Talent agencies are weird. If they like you enough to take you on then you basically wait around for them to tell you to go audition here or there. In my experience they want to make sure that you're good enough to send out to auditions to land them because that is when they make money. I don't know if they take a cut if you do work you find yourself, like an agent... That may sound stupid...

That sounds like it could be either really good or really not good depending on a lot of things. Thank you for the heads up! Now I know what to look out for. I don't think I need to worry about it since they never got back to me. :shrug:

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Got this email

quote:

J. Michael Collins , top-booking talent and Voice123 Expert will be leading this webinar. He will guide you and give you tips to update your profile and excel in Voice123. Don't miss out on this great opportunity!

Join us on February 8th, 2017 at 11:00 am PT. Please subscribe to the link below:
https://torre.zoom.us/webinar/register/a58159337285c12466858a512be5123a

We have 100 spots available, so sign up now!

These usually have some merit even if they are kind of oversimplified.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

I haven't recorded any auditions since October. *insert list of excuse here*

Any tips on staying motivated?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

It's the people who keep at it that book jobs. As my friend says "Gotta stay on that actor grind."

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Interesting article on P2P sites and how actors approach them.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/4-types-p2p-voice-over-battersall-swinging-fence-mike-tobin?trk=mp-au.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

How many auditions do you guys record in say a week's time? I was thinking I should be recording at least 3 a week but I have no way to gauge if that is too many, too few, just right, etc. Any advice would be great! Thank you!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Goon project needs voices!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I'm testing a project I want to do with adding voice over to the Shadowrun Returns game. Roles are up fro grabs and for this test are first come, first serve. So if you want to grab a character just let me know: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19DibqWbp2Cl2yQ6b67h9MPVcJiCKUQL0PGTwwFOwdUE/edit?usp=sharing

If the test goes well, I'll begin working on doing the entirety of Shadowrun Returns first game Dead Man's Switch. Details and script are in the document linked. About half the roles are taken, but half remain, and I would love a few people doing mooks with combat improv (attacks, grunts, etc).

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Top dog nomination has closed and top dog subforum voting has started!

Go there and vote, then go out and vote up all the other dogs in the other forums, but make sure to only vote for the bad ones (tactical dog voting)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm making a fake 80s horror movie trailer.

Partly for shits and giggles and partly for an online contest.

Two voices:
-Trailer voiceover. Gruff and deep. You know the drill.

-Professor. Older, very academic, and possibly a bit European or Transatlantic. Think the tape recording from The Evil Dead.

Text:

professor
If you are listening to this recording I am dead. I ask only that you recover a tape from my study before it falls into the wrong hands. Burn it. Do not under any circumstances watch even a second. It contains images that no mortal man can withstand. Images that warp the mind and corrupt the flesh. Images that are not of this world.

Trailer voiceover:
VIDEO HELL SPAWN! A harrowing vision of pure terror that will shake you to the very core! VIDEO HELL SPAWN! Out on video now...Rent it if you dare.

Some random shrieks, screams, grunts and gurgles would also be nice.

Due:
29th of March

Payment:
I´m literally the only person involved so I don't think I'll be able to swing much more than a forums update of your own choice or :10bux:

Send it to gunnjon90@gmail.com

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 21, 2017

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Paladinus helped with a test video! Thank you again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HVos-wdLvc

Samuelthebold
Jul 9, 2007
Astra Superstar
For well over a year, I have been working with a very talented programmer to create fan translations of two PC Engine CD games by Nihon Falcom: The Legend of Xanadu and The Legend of Xanadu II.

Believe it or not, we've not only got the scripts 100% translated, but they are inserted and displaying in both games using a sophisticated variable-width font, which you can see for yourself in screenshots on our site. Two thorough play-test edits of both games have been completed, and all of the Japanese title-logos are replaced with original English graphics. The only thing that remains to be done is an English dub for the special animated scenes interspersed throughout both games (Japanese versions here and here).

If you are interested, please have a look at our list of characters. There are over 50 parts and over one hour of solid speaking time, so there is plenty of work to do. Fortunately, all sound effects, BGM, and line-positions are completely set up in Audacity already. I could show everyone a rough preview within a day if I had all of the recordings right now.

If you’re curious about the games and our project, please have a look at this introduction page. If video games and fan translations are an unfamiliar world to you, or if would like to introduce this project to someone unfamiliar with them, this basic primer will help.

We are going to provide our translation for free, and anyone who wants to join in the dub-project should be willing to do it for the purposes of fun and sharing only. However, this will probably be played by thousands of people and is largest video game fan-dub effort to date, so there might be some small notoriety to be gained as well.

The initial casting period will end May 19th. Feel free to ask any questions. Otherwise, we will be glad to get your audition! Thank you for looking!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm installing Witcher 3, so I had time to submit a few. Mostly villains - always more fun to be a villain.

I totally modelled my Aug audition on Neroth (coughSindricough) from Dawn of War, which was fun as hell.

Word to the wise: Pronunciation is very American - deeper a's, contracted r's.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I am going to Brian Green the poo poo out of my Areios take.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

I might audition for Daimos but it depends on how you're figuring line-length. I can probably sneak it in though.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Yaaaay, I did well.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
I have a project for the Let's Play Subforum that I'm doing and I need your help, fellow goons!

Basically the only thing left of this 2004 JP only mobile game is an English translation of the script, so I want to turn it into a radio drama.

The script is ~30,000 words, with 25 named parts that are 5 lines or more, as well as 18 very minor 1-4 line parts that are not named.

This is a long term project, obviously, I'm not going to be asking for all these lines at once. Major characters will probably get a forums upgrade tossed their way or a cheap Steam game, not sure if I can afford it yet, we'll see.

Google Doc is here for details on roles and rules.

Auditions run through April 30th, though might be extended if enough auditions haven't been collected.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Hey NYC VO folks. I just got this in the mail.

https://www.voices.com/upcoming/levelup/newyork

I know many people are anti-P2P. I didn't have any luck with Voice.com but had a fair amount of luck with Voice123. YMMV

I find there is usually some decent networking to be done at these things if you aren't shy.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
e: nvm

Added Space fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 14, 2017

Mihai Zetta
Aug 13, 2015

King Lou posted:

Hey NYC VO folks. I just got this in the mail.

https://www.voices.com/upcoming/levelup/newyork

I know many people are anti-P2P. I didn't have any luck with Voice.com but had a fair amount of luck with Voice123. YMMV

I find there is usually some decent networking to be done at these things if you aren't shy.

I'm of mixed mind with Level Up. There's the potential for networking, but it's extremely expensive for a one-day event versus entire-weekend conventions like WoVOCon or VO Atlanta. Plus, given the breakneck pace that events move at (Hour-long talks with fifteen-minute "networking" breaks?) and nothing that appears to be an actual acting workshop with a director, it seems like there's low chance for a good ROI. I've also been suspect of Voices given that they're as transparent as tar with their rates and also got flack in recent years for doubling their "escrow" fee to 20% for every booked gig. They were going to have a Level Up in Dallas I was eyeballing, though it was quietly cancelled, and Voices also got snubbed at VO Atlanta for "not [having] the best interest of voice talent at heart."

Now, fortunately, they list the directors who are speaking at the event. Certain ones like Bryant Falk regularly teach classes with Actors Connection where you'll get to work together and personally connect in a small group. It'd be easier to network directly at other events around the city since many directors hold mixers or workshops, and there's no lack of organizations in New York for game work (i.e. Playcrafting NYC, Sheep's Meow, the NYC IGDA), on-camera work, studios for commercial connections, etc.

When Blinkeve next checks into the thread, she can probably say a bit more on more cost-effective networking in New York since there's so much more that can be done for a lower cost and greater connection value than this event.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

I met Blinkeve at an NYC VO event that was literally the last one that organization was having. I haven't heard of another one in NYC. There may be another one but I haven't heard of it.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Hello! So, a couple weeks back I stumbled on a voice acting Discord server and popped on as it was just starting. Now it has 400+ members and I was literally given moderator without asking my input because they foolishly like me there and thought I sounded like a reasonable adult.

Now, I will admit there are a ton of kids there just starting out, or interested in the field, so expect a lot of young people on the internet chat in the main chat room, however there is also a lot of intelligent people and talent floating around the advice sections, and you might actually get a lot out of it if you are interested. No being an rear end in a top hat though :mad: or I'll have to take mod actions against you. If you already use Discord it'd probably be another good server to add to your list!

THERE WAS A LINK HERE CHECK BELOW

edit: Oh when you join you are put in a waiting room until you are authorized by a mod. Nothing fancy, just a way to keep people from raiding the server and causing trouble, which happened a few times. No references or anything needed just tell the mods what you do and you're in.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 13, 2017

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

JossiRossi posted:

Hello! So, a couple weeks back I stumbled on a voice acting Discord server and popped on as it was just starting. Now it has 400+ members and I was literally given moderator without asking my input because they foolishly like me there and thought I sounded like a reasonable adult.

Now, I will admit there are a ton of kids there just starting out, or interested in the field, so expect a lot of young people on the internet chat in the main chat room, however there is also a lot of intelligent people and talent floating around the advice sections, and you might actually get a lot out of it if you are interested. No being an rear end in a top hat though :mad: or I'll have to take mod actions against you. If you already use Discord it'd probably be another good server to add to your list!

THE LINK IS BELOW CHECK IT

edit: Oh when you join you are put in a waiting room until you are authorized by a mod. Nothing fancy, just a way to keep people from raiding the server and causing trouble, which happened a few times. No references or anything needed just tell the mods what you do and you're in.

I'm mildly interested although I'm nowhere close to being involved in VA, but the URL has expired and I can't use it.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 15, 2017

Unmature
May 9, 2008

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm mildly interested although I'm nowhere close to being involved in VA, but the URL has expired and I can't use it.

Was gonna say the same thing. I'd love to join, but the link doesn't work for me.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Welp, I'm an idiot.

https://discord.gg/DcDSZbj

That one should work, just tested it and double checked the expiration time.

And no worries if you aren't already involved, or even sure how into voice acting you are, we're open to all levels of interest/experience.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I joined on this a couple of days ago, still waiting to be authed. I see that you have to be assigned a role to remain in the server, I would like to respectfully request that the role of "idiot shitbitch" be created and assigned exclusively to me, thank you.

E: was authed, nevermind. All of the voice channels seem to be everyone trying desperately to talk over one another, which is why i only ever sat in on one of those voices 123 conference calls/training seminars

titties fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 15, 2017

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Mihai Zetta posted:

... and Voices also got snubbed at VO Atlanta for "not [having] the best interest of voice talent at heart." ...

That was a great article. I was considering joining Voices but now I'm having second thoughts after reading this. I'm going to try to make it out to the next VO Atlanta now that I know it is a thing. How can I find out about other similar events?

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

That was a great article. I was considering joining Voices but now I'm having second thoughts after reading this. I'm going to try to make it out to the next VO Atlanta now that I know it is a thing. How can I find out about other similar events?

I went and cancelled my subscription as well, I wasn't getting any work from it and now I know (part of) the reason why. That still leaves me with the challenge of how to get any sort of work since every site seems to be garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

ScurvyKip posted:

I went and cancelled my subscription as well, I wasn't getting any work from it and now I know (part of) the reason why. That still leaves me with the challenge of how to get any sort of work since every site seems to be garbage.

You need to find your own work.

(or get hired by me I guess)