Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The NBA has a game 7 tonight and all anyone can talk about is the cheap shot taking Warriors.

Shame Warriors. Shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

zoux posted:

Honestly it's not so bad, the winged foot has a tenable association with basketball. It's not like the inevitable Starbucks logo that will be on, oh lets say, the Blazers jerseys.

Maybe if Starbucks changed their logo to a clown welcoming carpetbaggers considering the owner of Starbucks sold the Sonics to Clay Bennett

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

The Duggler posted:

Yeah I'd rather him just sit out than potentially ruin his career for the sake of the 2016-17 playoffs

The thought of him loving something up makes me physically ill, he's still only 25 (turning 26 in a month, granted, but still)

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Athanatos posted:

The NBA has a game 7 tonight and all anyone can talk about is the cheap shot taking Warriors.

Ghost Dog screaming into the abyss isn't exactly a consensus view of events

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

illcendiary posted:

The thought of him loving something up makes me physically ill, he's still only 25 (turning 26 in a month, granted, but still)

Only Lebron is exempt from injuries

Now excuse me while I knock on every piece of wood in a 50 mile radius

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Lockback posted:

What magical city are you moving to that cubicle-jockeys don't have terrible opinions about the home team?

Working remotely from Sacramento.

With boogie gone 3/4 of the awful opinions are gone 🙌🙌🙌

Edit: and most of my disdain is living as a non-Warriors fan in Warriors territory.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Thats excellent to hear

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BitterAvatar posted:

you are really trying

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

Maybe if Starbucks changed their logo to a clown welcoming carpetbaggers considering the owner of Starbucks sold the Sonics to Clay Bennett

loving lol

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Athanatos posted:

Shame Warriors. Shame.

go the wiz

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BitterAvatar posted:

It's generally agreed upon outside of warrior fans.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Move the Warriors to Seattle and the Kings to Golden State
then when everyone hates the Supersonics we can do it again

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're revealing all-NBA teams on Thursday. This will determine Paul George, Gordon Hayward, and I think someone else if they qualify for the designated max.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Tae posted:

They're revealing all-NBA teams on Thursday. This will determine Paul George, Gordon Hayward, and I think someone else if they qualify for the designated max.

Blake too.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i am pretty excited for game 7 and i will be satisfied with either team earning the right to lose to the cavs :downs:

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's generally agreed upon outside of warrior fans.

I never said I disagreed. It was definitely a reckless play. I have no idea if Zaza is dirty. I also don't care.

Ghost Dog posted:

you are really trying

I tried to get mad like you and yell, but I really just don't have the energy right now. It takes a lot of work supporting my dirty team of thugs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Then it just isn't Ghost dog so what was your point

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
warriors fans should get better at poo poo talking

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then it just isn't Ghost dog so what was your point

hes taking some shots at a personal tragedy of mine he has a bit of knowledge about cause i said it in the discord while still pretty hosed up over it. its a weak attempt at trolling me

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

hes taking some shots at a personal tragedy of mine he has a bit of knowledge about cause i said it in the discord while still pretty hosed up over it. its a weak attempt at trolling me

Oh drat.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
if someone is loving with ghost dog they can set GPS for Temecula and catch a broom handle to the teeth

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Late as hell but I'm entirely okay with sponsored jerseys if the Rockets get McDonalds and go back to ketchup and mustard full time

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Just cause you live in Temecula, no need to resort to threats.

P.S. gently caress Temecula I went to a wedding there and it's nothing but strip malls.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

That Clippers team will be fun next year. Super max Blake, Max Chris Paul, and possibly 20+ million annual JJ Reddick.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

BitterAvatar posted:

Just cause you live in Temecula, no need to resort to threats.

P.S. gently caress Temecula I went to a wedding there and it's nothing but strip malls.

When you're right off I-15 it is. Most of it is farms and hills and is pretty gorgeous.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

BitterAvatar posted:

I never said I disagreed. It was definitely a reckless play. I have no idea if Zaza is dirty. I also don't care.

I tried to get mad like you and yell, but I really just don't have the energy right now. It takes a lot of work supporting my dirty team of thugs

People don't like my team :qq:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Same

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Mr. F! posted:

People don't like my team :qq:

Wow between the relentless burns from you and Charles I don't know how he's gonna recover from this.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Brolander posted:

if someone is loving with ghost dog they can set GPS for Temecula and catch a broom handle to the teeth

people in temecula are probably really confused about the fact that people are always fighting in official NBA STORE (R) (TM) gear around town

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jota posted:

Wow between the relentless burns from you and Charles I don't know how he's gonna recover from this.

I know right. He's probably really steamed right now

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Redgrendel2001 posted:

When you're right off I-15 it is. Most of it is farms and hills and is pretty gorgeous.

I mean the wedding itself was nice, but we were stuck there 2 nights and the restaurant options were not great.

Brolander posted:

warriors fans should get better at poo poo talking

Fair. I think my troll game has a lot of potential, but right now it's raw and underdeveloped. Similar to Zaza's ability to cripple players at-will.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Tae posted:

That Clippers team will be fun next year. Super max Blake, Max Chris Paul, and possibly 20+ million annual JJ Reddick.

If Blake takes his option to be a FA this year then he needs to be named to an All-NBA team this season to qualify for the new Super Max i.e. he isn't going to get one.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

temecula is not a physical place, it is a state of mind like the drugged out xanadu of kublai khan as imagined by the laudanum-soaked imagination of samuel taylor coleridge or the laudanum-soaked imagination of olivia newton-john, you can have a temecula anywhere: a parking lot, a basketball court, a ring for ultimate-fighting, one of those basements that van damme is always fighting in where there's all the people shaking money, the advocare center, me, i like to go to my personal temecula and imagine all of the spin kicks and nunchuk moves i would do at anyone, ANYONE, who would dare impugn the basketball ability of The Captain Kirk Hinrich or suggest that he doesn't need to mummify himself in dozens of layers of Performance Sleeves, or suggest that it was good that rajon rondo threw him into that table, no sir, there is a point like that where we all go to our mental temeculae to do incredible violence to people with improper basketball opinions.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

temecula is not a physical place, it is a state of mind like the drugged out xanadu of kublai khan as imagined by the laudanum-soaked imagination of samuel taylor coleridge or the laudanum-soaked imagination of olivia newton-john, you can have a temecula anywhere: a parking lot, a basketball court, a ring for ultimate-fighting, one of those basements that van damme is always fighting in where there's all the people shaking money, the advocare center, me, i like to go to my personal temecula and imagine all of the spin kicks and nunchuk moves i would do at anyone, ANYONE, who would dare impugn the basketball ability of The Captain Kirk Hinrich or suggest that he doesn't need to mummify himself in dozens of layers of Performance Sleeves, or suggest that it was good that rajon rondo threw him into that table, no sir, there is a point like that where we all go to our mental temeculae to do incredible violence to people with improper basketball opinions.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

R.D. Mangles posted:

someone understands. caracosa

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

R.D. Mangles posted:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's embarrassing as hell. Now when Zogo proves that the NBA rigs draft lotteries you can't disagree with him because they've made it clear that they're just an entertainment product and not a real competition with entertaining elements.

Zaza made a dirty play but the Spurs have never shied away from being dirty. Everyone acting like the warriors are the worst thing that ever happened to basketball needs to get over their reflexive dislike of the thing that used to be cool and new and now is mainstream. Kawhi and Draymond are equally likable players, The entire country of Georgia is going to force the NBA to change the all star voting rules, the most brutal offense in the league is now being coached by someone who historically was stuck in the 1970s NBA offensively. Enjoy the show, Ian Clark is getting to play in the playoffs. For one half, the Spurs showed they were literally built to beat these Warriors, Lamargasoldridge were doing it, then David Lee sabotaged his own teammate and exposed the circuits and wires for Zaza's corny airspace crowding move. The Warriors let not giving a poo poo infect them so badly last year that they lost to a horrible team with one good player (James Jones) in the finals. Anything can happen.

I'd think it was cheating if someone deliberately injured Draymond Green too. I want the Warriors to be defeated in a fair basketball contest and look like fools, I don't want to see them get cheated.

Also I like Draymond Green I'd think Steph was faking it if he got hurt. If Kevin Durant's legs snapped like twigs in a tornado I'd shrug like I heard the tower in Pisa fell over. Dunno how he was structurally sound enough to do what he does in the first place

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Temecula is a musecage if you will

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

Did you see the interview where Ron Baker saod Kirk Heinrich was his basketball idol becauseit happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

does some of the violence in the mangles temecula also symbolize the conflicting feelings you feel about table-shoving rondo vs playoff hero beating the celtics for a couple games rondo

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 16, 2017

• Locked thread