Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

I'm watching it on vimeo :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Trunko posted:

I'm watching it on vimeo :shrug:

please pm link

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

No don't!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Mods?

Mods????

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trunko posted:

The only hi rich needs to be doing is hanging high from a noose

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Sent:chord:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ohhhhhh my godddddddd what will the boys think of this:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-trailer-for-seth-macfarlanes-star-trek-spoof-1795237662

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0

me? personally/ i love it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i love how its going to be

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

does posting "im jay" still catch a prob these days?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Holy poo poo how is that real. How does that man get money

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That is really bizarrely good production values

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Proof that Family Guy wasn't just a fluke, that man can produce unfunny poo poo consistently.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Holy poo poo how is that real. How does that man get money

Does any of his TV stuff actually fail to make a profit? Family Guy and American Dad are in their like 15th seasons or some poo poo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Freakout over "nerd blackface" in 3..2..1

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is really bizarrely good production values

Yeah someone spent a whole bunch of money for a Star Trek spoof. I didn't realize it was a TV show until the Fox logo at the end.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Set your phasers to poo poo.

This is an actual joke I expect to be on the show. I also expect it to be poo poo.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
I do not enjoy looking at that guy's smug douche face or his smug douche voice.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If Jon Favreau is directing it then there's a good chance it will be decent, I'm never going to watch it because Seth McFarlane's face is rage-inducing, but it looks decent.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gonna lol when that Seth McFarland vanity project is way better than Star Trek: Discovery

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
And those were the GOOD jokes!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

vermin posted:

And those were the GOOD jokes!

Maybe it's like Arrested Development, the good jokes don't really work in a commercial.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe it's like Arrested Development, the good jokes don't really work in a commercial.

Hopefully its exactly like Arrested Development, cancelled before it gets any worse.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
When did society decide that Seth McFarland was a leading man? I didn't get that memo.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Space Taxi posted:

When did society decide that Seth McFarland was a leading man? I didn't get that memo.

When he decided to start writing himself as the main character in his own stories. Its funny how GOTG2 was all about the dangers of a big ego, I guess Seth never saw it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress that noise I got the good poo poo right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09OwRCoJzAI

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

a bone to pick posted:

When he decided to start writing himself as the main character in his own stories. Its funny how GOTG2 was all about the dangers of a big ego, I guess Seth never saw it.

I bet he will hog all the best one liners for himself and judging by that trailer, they will all be poo poo.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space Taxi posted:

I bet he will hog all the best one liners for himself and judging by that trailer, they will all be poo poo.

No the pile of goop was voiced by Norm so Seth will try his hardest and norm will effortlessly drone out catch phrase after catch phrase with zero effort and perhaps even a little disdain

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

bring back old gbs posted:

No the pile of goop was voiced by Norm so Seth will try his hardest and norm will effortlessly drone out catch phrase after catch phrase with zero effort and perhaps even a little disdain

Make the Norm Goop a star of his own show.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Sometimes watching pre-rec is ok

Wanna hang out with pizzatrain

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 16, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rich Evans posted:

AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSS

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'm going to watch the Orville and I'm going to like it

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Orville is going to be cheap, unfunny, and boring, and still be better than that new Star Trek show coming out.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
I hope it's expensive, unfunny and boring.

Space Taxi fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 16, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Apparently Jack said something about how women spend all their money on shoes and chat is not letting it go. What did he say?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Orvill seems pretty ok. It's the type of comedy I like. It's very honest about what it is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The jokes write themselves

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

The jokes write themselves

The captain gets an embarrassing, unhidable STD from loving an alien. The captain's dick is misplaced in a transporter accident. The captain causes a galactic incident by accidentally grabbing an alien dignitary's dick thinking he was shaking hands.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It looks like a less funny Galaxy Quest.

Ha ha, the captain and the XO are divorced! Ha ha! Ha ha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

monster on a stick posted:

Apparently Jack said something about how women spend all their money on shoes and chat is not letting it go. What did he say?

idk, I'm in and out. But he's mostly getting poo poo on for demanding that movies "show and don't tell" at all times. Also, trying to backpedal a bad opinion by saying that a 'payoff' and a 'callback' in movies are totally different.

• Locked thread