Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Is it hard to hook up with hot/fat chicks in japan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
no

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
yes

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
maybe

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Fat chicks yes, considering you won't see many of them

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I can confidently say that from an American point-of-view, butterfaces outnumber slam whales here.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

peanut posted:

I can confidently say that from an American point-of-view, butterfaces outnumber slam whales here.

Is that why you got married so soon?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

slam whale holy grail

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just woke up to like an air raid siren and an incomprehensible loudspeaker message in Japanese that went on for like 2 minutes out in the streets.

What the gently caress was that?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

City or neighborhood announcements. It could be anything from election reminders, neighborhood gutter cleaning, funeral announcement to a dementia old on the loose. You also have the holiday trash collection announcements to look forward to <3

PS The kids out and about everywhere is probably sports club stuff. Even on days off.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Feral Integral posted:

ps are you this dude: https://www.reddit.com/r/JapanTravel/comments/6379ap/wasting_my_time_in_japan/

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

ahahahaha

quote:

I believed the hype about girls loving foreigners, so I wanted to meet some, but they don't. Most Japanese don't care. You may get a few looks because you're different in appearance but that's all. Now I'm just lost drifting in a sea of faces.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

You can be very popular with the ladies in Japan anywhere if you make bank, but not as some otaku english teacher at a rural elementary school

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 16, 2017

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Nah I haven't made it there yet, trying to scope out where the hot fat chicks be at before I blow my monetary load on a plane ticket.

I often get mistaken for like ugly but funny nice guy celebrities here in the states, so I'm thinking japan might be my golden ticket to fatties

ps: looking for invitation/recommendation on good email blasts

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 16, 2017

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

How fat are we talking. Ayumi Hamasaki is really tubby these days and has a history of dating gaijins, recently divorced, checks quite a lot of boxes if you ask me

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

XyrlocShammypants posted:

You can be very popular with the ladies in Japan anywhere if you make bank, but not as some otaku english teacher at a rural elementary school

That's so not true.

I'm never popular with the ladies

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Hamasaki nee San got married and divorced? But she's way more talented than Britney

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Where's the giant psyduck when you need it.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Counterpoint: rural ladies are so anxious to gtfo that they have been known to marry the gooniest of goonlords to get that one-way ticket out of inakaville.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Or older women who have no other marriage prospects.

It's a mutually beneficial relationship I think. Two parties with low marriage value in their respective homes arbitrageing for a good deal.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LyonsLions posted:

Counterpoint: rural ladies are so anxious to gtfo that they have been known to marry the gooniest of goonlords to get that one-way ticket out of inakaville.

can confirm, married one

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Is there a place that collects stories of weebs and sex tourists who are deeply disappointed that Japan isn't what they always dreamed? I'm aware of /r/weeabootales but that's mostly "some guy in my college class wears a naruto headband LOL"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lol if you just don't wear headphones and keep your head down all of the time when visiting japan

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you don't wear naruto headbands

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

The Great Autismo! posted:

lol if you don't wear naruto headbands

pics or gtfo

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

Feral Integral posted:

hard not to

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Trying to figure out how to quote that post while also humbly implying I've had sex in Japan.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

History Comes Inside! posted:

I just woke up to like an air raid siren and an incomprehensible loudspeaker message in Japanese that went on for like 2 minutes out in the streets.

What the gently caress was that?

was it this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH5UcACTWDM

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Trying to figure out how to quote that post while also humbly implying I've had sex in Japan.

the ambiguity over whether the girls are hot or fat keeps it grounded IMO

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Anyone want to climb Fuji with me or go to Fuji Rock Festival?

Answer is probably no, though, because none of you are any fun :D

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
No, for the reason cited.

Saikonate
Jun 23, 2007
Naysayer
Fun Shoe
Our Japan trip went really well. Thanks for all the advice, goons! Whoever said "just get a Suica card" is my hero. Even when we took a train up to Hakone there was a derpy little set of enter/exit kiosks for them, made everything 1000x easier and less intimidating.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Pasmo is cuter

Saikonate
Jun 23, 2007
Naysayer
Fun Shoe

Mandalay posted:

Pasmo is cuter

I agree, but I think Suica ended up coincidentally being the best option financially, as the majority of our rides were on JR lines.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
You can use pasmo on JR and vice versa.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Stringent posted:

You can use pasmo on JR and vice versa.

Did the person end up buying 2 cards?

Then again I have 3 just in case

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I use Apple Pay instead of using a physical card like a chump.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Wait what you can use apple pay for trains and metro?

Not that I would unless it's some auto top up feature

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Mandalay posted:

Pasmo is cuter

The reason I got a Pasmo instead of a Suica :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Suica's got a freakin' penguin on it, how can Pasmo be cuter