Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

[checks notes]

Everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Arist posted:

(Haru is still better than Ann)

(Gun is a really frequent weakness and her damage output is insane even without Concentrate)

Haru's better than Ann in random battles for sure. A Baton Pass-boosted Triple Down outdamages an All-Out Attack in my experience and that was great, and I prefer physical over magical damage in random battles because I want to stretch SP (specifically because I forget to call Kawakami to make coffee/curry far too often :v:). Plus her weakness isn't quite as common on normal enemies as Ann's is. Weakness stuff and the ability to crit are irrelevant for boss fights, though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
She is blander true

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Haru is good, but having Gun skills for weakness is a kinda whatever when I'm packing a tec-9 and Yusuke and Haru brought heaters to the fight like it's call of duty.

I had a Seth with One Shot Kill/Cripple around late game tho so Haru didnt get much play

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Moltrey posted:

I had a Seth with One Shot Kill/Cripple around late game tho so Haru didnt get much play

You can use both you know.

And yeah, the level 75 skills strike me as 100% irrelevant because if you grind enough to learn them then you absolutely won't need them.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
haru is better than ann because they hosed up the damage each "tier" of phys/gun moves does so for some reason 3 light hits is roughly equal with 2 heavy hits (about the damage concentrate ann can put out if you don't grind to 75) and it's a move that haru loving starts with. if you give her gun boost/amp as well then she either matches or exceeds the damage ann does with conentrate agidyne or whatever except she can do it every turn so actually she does way more damage.

dunno why ppl are sandbagging on -karn spells when the items are expensive as gently caress and that money could be better spent literally anywhere else, especially given the number of times you want to use that spell against bosses like shadow shido

I will say that I used ann over haru in the very last boss though, because there's a ton of targets and while there is both one that repels gun and one that repels fire ann can negate fire while haru can't negate gun so she worked better to wipe out all the arms without killing herself

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Haru is good, but having Gun skills for weakness is a kinda whatever when I'm packing a tec-9 and Yusuke and Haru brought heaters to the fight like it's call of duty.

You don't use Haru's gun skills because of weaknesses, you use Haru because she gets cripple and snipe and One Hit Kill/Triple Down which all have excellent base power for what they are. Her hitting a weakness is nice when it happens, but she puts in work anyway.

And she has Heat Riser.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I honestly never bother to have Ann use Concentrate when Fire Boost + Amp get the job done just fine.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Kay Kessler posted:

I honestly never bother to have Ann use Concentrate when Fire Boost + Amp get the job done just fine.

You're missing out on what are some truly stupid high numbers.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
My Ryuji crit the last, um, mini-boss for 10580 damage (on Merciless with the extra crit damage). That was fun.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Jamieson Price is basically the English Jouji Nakata, yes.

Also, a fun little parallel: Jamieson Price also voices the narrator in Catherine, so he's given both alcohol trivia and coffee trivia.

RL Cafe LeBlanc is actually a bar. The phantom thieves would be chilling at bar during meetings and Futaba drinking herself to death as a nameless bar patron until later on.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

In boss fights, you absolutely should use Concentrate (and Charge, for physical attacks). They multiply damage by 2.5, meaning that Concentrate + a spell will do more damage than casting that spell twice, and often for less SP. It's even better for physical attacks, because Charge costs SP, so you're saving the HP from using the physical attack twice (and, again, getting more damage).

In random battles you probably don't have time to Concentrate or Charge and you also probably don't need to. But for bosses? There is zero downside to using them and they're the ticket to mega-damage.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I can't comment on Palaces 5 & up, but Ryuuji was goddamned MVP of Palace 4. Using Headbutt to inflict Forget on Anubises was by far the most effective way I found of dealing with them. Not to mention Swift Strike will do 4x the damage of your other options against the boss, unless you've got Swift Strike on Joker himself (or leveled Yusuke enough to get his multi-hit attack, I suppose). Which makes me feel really guilty about letting him eat it the round before the fight ended since everyone else got a level and a half worth of EXP. :v:

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 15, 2017

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

[x]

Happy Moth(er)man's Day.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
:3: Mothman really is adorable.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mothman

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Speaking of Ryuuji, when is the last chance for this 'nighttime event' you need to complete his social link? What rank do you need him at for it? Like hell I'm getting bro-blocked after all the times we hung out.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mothmom

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rangpur posted:

Speaking of Ryuuji, when is the last chance for this 'nighttime event' you need to complete his social link? What rank do you need him at for it? Like hell I'm getting bro-blocked after all the times we hung out.

12/9

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You don't use Haru's gun skills because of weaknesses, you use Haru because she gets cripple and snipe and One Hit Kill/Triple Down which all have excellent base power for what they are. Her hitting a weakness is nice when it happens, but she puts in work anyway.

And she has Heat Riser.

Heat Riser sucks

Haru for trash. Ann for when it matters(bosses) :colbert:

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
Well, that's that. My final time clocks in at 135 hours, 57 minutes.

A small handful of things were annoying and some took some getting used to, but this was still a very good time. Video games are good??

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Why can't I just kick Ryuji out? :mad:

Edit: Kitty's back! :neckbeard:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 16, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Why can't I just thank Ryuji for kicking Morgana out? :mad:

Edit: Kitty's back! :(

ftfy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Heat Riser sucks

Look at this lad, with his positively wrong opinion.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Can I skip some of these Mementos without repercussions? I don't wanna work at 7-11.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

poe meater posted:

Can I skip some of these Mementos without repercussions? I don't wanna work at 7-11.

Yeah, you just miss out on a trophy for not doing all of them. Its not a big deal.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Zore posted:

Yeah, you just miss out on a trophy for not doing all of them. Its not a big deal.

Your party members are gonna bug you about it 24/7, though. Probably the biggest incentive in the whole game to do requests.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I think I like this game the least so far. I swear if I'm coerced into sleeping because of some dumb cat one more time..

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Heat Riser sucks

Haru is the most forgettable, milquetoast character in Persona history and yet I kept her in my party constantly because she is a Murder Queen.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
you mispelled naoto

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Moltrey posted:

you mispelled naoto

At least Naoto has a cool hat.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
she absolutely does not

say what you will about goro, the kid knows how to dress

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the motherfucker carries around a monogrammed briefcase, that's a hanging offense if i ever saw one

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

she absolutely does not

say what you will about goro, the kid knows how to dress

Look Moltrey, I know you're a big fan of Goro but that doesn't mean you need to deny that Naoto has a good hat.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I do not like Naoto's hat, this is not a gimmick, I'm shootin. Not a hat person, bad hat just imo

Oxxidation posted:

the motherfucker carries around a monogrammed briefcase, that's a hanging offense if i ever saw one
It's a monogrammed briefcase! It's so dumb! That's something a teenager famous for being smart would totally do! It's so egotistical and such a good bit of character design!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sarchasm posted:

At least Naoto has a cool hat.

And Haru's hat is boring?

Your opinion is horrid.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Count Bleck posted:

And Haru's hat is boring?

Your opinion is horrid.

Haru's hat is good in that it hides her terrifying William Shakespeare hairline, I guess I'll give you that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I do not like Naoto's hat, this is not a gimmick, I'm shootin. Not a hat person, bad hat just imo

No way, hat's are great!! Let me list some examples from hit new game Persona 5.

Sojiro: Best Dad and basically perfect also occasionally wears a nice hat. You can't tell me Sojiro's taste is wrong.
Haru: Best thief outfit and also the only one with a hat. That's no coincidence.
Palace 6 Shadow: Best shadow design and has a great hat as well. There's a pattern here.
The Get Smoked hat: It's the goddamn Get Smoked hat.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Sojiro's Hat: Extremely Dad, a good hat for him
Haru's Hat: Does nothing for me, not bad, not good
Palace 6's Boss Hat: I love that design so much, I cannot accurately judge the hat, the boss looks TOO good
Get Smoked Hat: It's a dumb loving hat and thats why it's good

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

E'scuse me, but what did you guys name your MC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Why are people being mean to sweet girl Haru? Please don't be mean, she would be your friend.