Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Is it possible to get 1 shot with lvl 2 body armor and lvl 2 helmet? I was hiding in a bunker house in the final 10 and someone entered my house, I creeped out the washroom and he turned around to shoot me dead in a single hit. Shotgun perhaps? I wish I caught what it was but it seemed kinda unfair. Good match tho with my friend.

If you get shot in the face the helmet won't do poo poo. Level 3 helmets have a face plate which makes them really loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Sounds like you need to get better.

Update to pacifist run: success! 0 hits, 0 kills, 1 chicken dinner. People were too afraid to shoot the guy running around throwing smoke grenades everywhere in the middle of the field and give up their position.

probably. I'm really, really, really bad at determining what tree is shooting at me and need to definitely git gud. My preferred strategy is to just do donuts in a buggy and run over people until the zone gets too small to do that in.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Bolow posted:

If you get shot in the face the helmet won't do poo poo. Level 3 helmets have a face plate which makes them really loving good.

No, all helmets protect the face despite how they look.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When it's down to the final circle(s), never "wait it out" in the blue field/gas, because the health loss ticks get gradually larger.

I could have healed and it was only like 10-20m to the next tree. Well I ran there and there was a guy on a tree already inside the circle and rip. Well at least he lost too, someone came to saw him down.

Moving around with a car or bike is really handy. I just drove around with a bike after getting my gear, nearly until the end. You get screwed by circles so often that using a bike gets you there a lot faster. Also people are bad at shooting at them.. like really bad.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bolow posted:

can we stop spreading this stupid nonsense

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

When it's down to the final circle(s), never "wait it out" in the blue field/gas, because the health loss ticks get gradually larger.

On the other hand if you move first, chances are the guy who doesn't is going to shoot you in the back.

The solution is obviously to already be in the circle and let the others kill each other.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
just lmao if you don't have a squadmate who somehow, miraculously, gets shot in the face on four separate occasions in one match and consumes every motorcycle helmet in the nearby vicinity

I wonder if the flashbangs are the reason why my computer will hardlock at seemingly random times and require a hard reboot.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Doorknob Slobber posted:

can we stop spreading this stupid nonsense

if you swing with a pan up you can usually hit sniper shots before they hit your facemask, I do this a lot when I'm running through fields its the only way to keep your helmet intact through lategame

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Vatek posted:

Yes there is.

if there is, it's definitely not at any range where it matters for purposes of using a shotgun

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

if you swing with a pan up you can usually hit sniper shots before they hit your facemask, I do this a lot when I'm running through fields its the only way to keep your helmet intact through lategame

The best part is I have no idea if this is a joke or not

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

It's completely serious and a Pro Strat

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Rex-Goliath posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LightAntediluvianDiscCopyThis

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Got #2 in solo last night, I had a shot on the guy that won and I loving missed then died to the blue zone. Crushing defeat - 8 kills up to that point.

I've noticed crouch-walking is really good and it's massively improved my game, I don't know how loud it is but I've snuck up on people from crazy close without them noticing so I'm guessing it's almost silent?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are there any tips for playing solo? I love playing it with friends but I just find solo games just so dull. You either jump with a huge crowd and get into a big brawl with no supplies or you spend 90% of the game running from zone to zone just to get sniped by someone who got to the vantage point first. With team games you have you friends to muck around with and team fights just end up being more fun and intense.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This loving game is amazing

and it's still in early access

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jimbot posted:

Are there any tips for playing solo? I love playing it with friends but I just find solo games just so dull. You either jump with a huge crowd and get into a big brawl with no supplies or you spend 90% of the game running from zone to zone just to get sniped by someone who got to the vantage point first. With team games you have you friends to muck around with and team fights just end up being more fun and intense.

I guess it depends on your goal. I have no idea how to win games - hence my 0 solo wins. What I do get from solo play is that you have to be daring sometimes and just go hard for the vantage point with a vehicle when you're in the mid to late. Then I die to A) being bad and missing shots B) people outside the gas who are farming kills C) being bad and dying to people who got to an even better position that I didn't think about.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 16, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Alright, I ordered a new graphics card so I can play this game, so I hope this is worth the 250 dollars I have invested into playing it

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Alright, I ordered a new graphics card so I can play this game, so I hope this is worth the 250 dollars I have invested into playing it

It's not. The game is okay, but it's really not. I bought a new ssd and doubled my memory from 8 to 16 and i'm still having late game frozen screens so that's just like my opinion. Man.

*headshoted by kar 98*

My junk =

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (OC to 4.3)

Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

2x Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card

Static! fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 16, 2017

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Hmm maybe its your case

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No amount of money spent is going to make this game run smooth as silk.

What you can do is minimize your troubles by doing all the tricks possible, like reducing paging allocation to prevent the game from stuttering like crazy, doing the commands to enable more cpu cores, putting the game on your SSD and hoping that won't kill your drive.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I upgraded my monitor and run it smoother than you guys do with a worse system. Spend a while messing around with your custom nvidia settings for this game specifically, there are a lot of performance options there that made a massive difference. Also lower your resolution

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
what would be cool is this game but not written by an Arma wannabe milsperg fuckwit

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Elentor posted:

No amount of money spent is going to make this game run smooth as silk.

What you can do is minimize your troubles by doing all the tricks possible, like reducing paging allocation to prevent the game from stuttering like crazy, doing the commands to enable more cpu cores, putting the game on your SSD and hoping that won't kill your drive.

I'm not looking for smooth as silk, I literally can't even get one frame per ten second with my current graphics card. I haven't touched my rig in five years so I'm due for an upgrade anyways, this was just the final straw. Plus, I really like streaming so it'll help that out in general so I can play some other games

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

what would be cool is this game but not written by an Arma wannabe milsperg fuckwit

is that you in your av pic LOL

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Please don't doxx.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

My buddy killed 8, I killed 4 and got we got that chicken dinner with the blue literally closing up on me. I've never been so pumped about winning a video game. This game is so god drat good, warts and all.

Also, I love the Vector with the extended mag. I was mowing down people before they got two shots off with their m16s.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Static! posted:

It's not. The game is okay, but it's really not. I bought a new ssd and doubled my memory from 8 to 16 and i'm still having late game frozen screens so that's just like my opinion. Man.

*headshoted by kar 98*

My junk =

That's some old rear end ram but you should still be able to run this game no problem.

It's particularly laggy today because the server hasn't been patched and reset in 2 weeks.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

yes its me when i learned there were three levels crouch and combat is in molasses

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This game attracts a massive amount of buck toothed red faced pouty babies

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm not looking for smooth as silk, I literally can't even get one frame per ten second with my current graphics card. I haven't touched my rig in five years so I'm due for an upgrade anyways, this was just the final straw. Plus, I really like streaming so it'll help that out in general so I can play some other games

I mean, if your GPU is so bad that it's being the throttle in this game and you can't get past 20 fps, then yeah go for it. And yeah having a nice rig makes it a lot easier on streaming/recording. I'm just saying not to create a lot of expectation!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, first five minutes of a crowded area is a game of "who gets the shotgun" isn't it? You're the king of the castle when that happens.

Edit: By the way, the machete blows. If you want a melee weapons where you swing once every 10 minutes then that's your huckleberry.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Got to top 5 tonight, very good match. The final circles where in Pochinki and I got stuck in a house with no exit but the blue. I dive it and run into another building and a medkit, that turned out to be the best bait ever as a guy popped out and s12ked me. I can't even be mad, I know my brain was all "gently caress yes a medkit".

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Made it to second by being a goddamn coward and hiding in a building for 90% of the match. Only left with the circle moved, got one guy on the way out and followed the circle. At 3 people left one guy spotted me and almost killed me, but before he could finish it, he was shot by the other guy. I was laying down in a wheat field, but the last guy was able to hid in the bushes that line the road. I saw him once and took a shot at him, but didn't have a good angle and he was able to kill me.
I need to try getting into a busier area so I have more practice with shooting dudes.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

After over a dozen #2 finishes, I finally ended up winning a match off of a pretty weak personal performance, although my team did well given we were pretty poorly geared. It wasn't even that tense of a finale compared to the losses I've suffered, but it was still a big rush to finally get a win.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

CitizenKain posted:

Made it to second by being a goddamn coward and hiding in a building for 90% of the match. Only left with the circle moved, got one guy on the way out and followed the circle. At 3 people left one guy spotted me and almost killed me, but before he could finish it, he was shot by the other guy. I was laying down in a wheat field, but the last guy was able to hid in the bushes that line the road. I saw him once and took a shot at him, but didn't have a good angle and he was able to kill me.
I need to try getting into a busier area so I have more practice with shooting dudes.

That and killing dudes is a lot more fun than hiding in buildings.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

AnElegantPeacock posted:

That and killing dudes is a lot more fun than hiding in buildings.

True. This is probably the first game where I haven't done the usual berserker charge I normally do in shooters.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Killing 5 dudes and going out at #30 is a much better time than going out as #2 hiding in a bush.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

uPen posted:

Killing 5 dudes and going out at #30 is a much better time than going out as #2 hiding in a bush.

Right on, you hear footsteps, don't run and hide. Hunt that fucker down :black101:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

uPen posted:

killing 10 dudes and going out at #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

abigserve posted:

I've noticed crouch-walking is really good and it's massively improved my game, I don't know how loud it is but I've snuck up on people from crazy close without them noticing so I'm guessing it's almost silent?

All crouch movement, even crouch sprinting, is almost silent to other people. That's why Grimmmz is always crouch sprinting around towns with other people around.

• Locked thread