Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Oh I just ranked up? Of course I'll run Nox for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Shantotto only has a 5* form in JP right now and a 4* form here. Honestly they are probably scared of giving her a 6* right now, despite being the closest thing to the representative character of the its particular FF. Her 5* is that strong.

The rod is absolute crap and so is the robe but the gun and lance are OK. Outside of TMRs and old event items, you wont get better.

Whoops, yea, I meant 5*. It's just so good that my brain mentally assigned it as her 6* upgrade.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

my free pull and half price today were both gold after probably 20+ blue draws. rosa and vanille :unsmigghh:

Honestly they are the most troll of gold crystals but the fact that they are some of the few base 4* without 6 star upgrades and given Gumi's treatment for characters near the end of season 1 and now in season 2 gives me a whole lot of hope that they will get good upgrades.

Getting brand new 6*s right now gives them a better chance at being good than say Delita or Queen which are stuck being bottom of the barrel trash units because no matter what, the way that they are built just prevents them from being significantly improved without doing some serious bullshit like they did with Randi

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 15, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

jetz0r posted:

Trophy case of 100% TMR units.

TMR'd friend units get fed for exp or sold, whichever i feel like.

The mage weapon from the event is dogshit. The other two have Dragon Killer, giving them a niche role.

100% TM units are good when you're farming annoying rare materials because you will get lots of extra chests after clearing the level. IIRC they can rarely contain screamroots and star quartz too.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly they are the most troll of gold crystals but the fact that they are some of the few base 4* without 6 star upgrades and given Gumi's treatment for characters near the end of season 1 and now in season 2 gives me a whole lot of hope that they will get good upgrades.

Getting brand new 6*s right now gives them a better chance at being good than say Delita or Queen which are stuck being bottom of the barrel trash units because no matter what, the way that they are built just prevents them from being significantly improved without doing some serious bullshit like they did with Randi

Part of me hope Gumi gives Olive enhancements on par with what Randi got because I'd love to see some 1600+ atk Olives. :getin:

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Stupid event.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Revvik posted:

Stupid event.

'stupid' he says.

Oh noooo i have too many weapoooons.

Sure, Gungnir isn't rocking 120ATK, but it's pretty swell to pass them around to your TM team or whatever. I'm saving all my coins 'til the end of the event or I max out my inventory.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CyberLord XP posted:

Yeah, like any using Ifrit for an Esper.

It's Odin for days, bro.

I guess I can wait till the raid is over.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm sure a goon buddy can swap over to Ifrit for you if you asked nicely.

I'd do it but no Orlandeau here :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
You know, I feel a lot less excited for doing the raid this time around. Last time we were guaranteed 2 good characters and getting the materials for their good unique gear and awakening materials for them.

This one the equipment is poo poo even for me, and nothing else unique comes out of it. You can get some cactuars and esper materials out of the raid summon, but those are the only things I care about other than the moogle achievement awards(and the ability awakening materials if I get enough points, which I almost certainly will). I'm going to be drowning in gugnirs after this, which wouldn't be a problem if I had any good spear users.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The best reward is the easy rank exp so each refill goes that much farther when TM grinding. Also a non-stupid way of getting the top ability awakening mats that isn't 80k King Mog shitcakes (when you finally get a character with abilities you want to awaken which makes getting them completely non-exciting)

My current Crimson Blood : DracoSpike moogles is ~20:1. Each complete Crimson Blood will net me 5% of DragoSpike. Thanks Gatcha! :rolldice:

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Mile'ionaha posted:

'stupid' he says.

Oh noooo i have too many weapoooons.

Yeah.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

At the very least Global exclusive buffs to Delit's ability upgrades pretty much make him the single best breaker in the game, for now. It's short-lived but he might find some use yet.
Queen's sole purpose though is dropping LB crystals and esper orbs at this point with her neverending attack animation. She coyld get the same treatment with ability awakenings though.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I did a 11 pull because I wanted the dragon killer guy for his wand

got em. also got Garnet and that Xon fella

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

3rd free Ovelia in a row

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

did my free pull and got a golbez.

did my half off pull and goddamit another kai-wait since when did kain have a dragon?

(this has been my 4th rainbow since the ff6 banner, this game loves me now apparently )

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Come see me when you have three. I'm gonna gently caress up some dragons yo.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

for some reason the stupid rear end snatched away quest will not trigger for me. the vaults are loving annoying

Won't trigger as in the quest won't start or as in the thieves in Mysidia Underground - Exploration don't show up?
If it won't start, did you run Snowy Woods - Exploration and get Flamering key 6 which gives the Yakei katana?
If the thieves in Mysidia Underground don't show up, did you talk to both the girl and an old woman in Sorcerer's Hideaway?

I missed talking to the old woman in Sorcerer's Hideaway after starting the quest, so I had to re-run Mysidia Underground to encounter the thieves after doing that.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tengames posted:

It makes me sad that Golbez is such a garbage tier character. Speaking of FFIV characters that will be disappointing, FuSoYa is coming when?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

It makes me sad that Golbez is such a garbage tier character. Speaking of FFIV characters that will be disappointing, FuSoYa is coming when?

Maybe if we ever get an ff4 after years banner. They'd have no shortage of garbage teir characters to fill it with

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tengames posted:

Maybe if we ever get an ff4 after years banner. They'd have no shortage of garbage teir characters to fill it with

FF4: the college years. Cecil, Kain, Rosa, and Rydia head off to college and their old principal Mr. FuSoYa gets a job there too. It was canceled after one season.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

The best reward is the easy rank exp so each refill goes that much farther when TM grinding. Also a non-stupid way of getting the top ability awakening mats that isn't 80k King Mog shitcakes (when you finally get a character with abilities you want to awaken which makes getting them completely non-exciting)

My current Crimson Blood : DracoSpike moogles is ~20:1. Each complete Crimson Blood will net me 5% of DragoSpike. Thanks Gatcha! :rolldice:

I feel it! I feel your pain! Ive got 3 Zyrus already and I've gotten only one of them to 60% after going through like 100k coins.

Im probably just leaving one arc alive and blend the rest.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 15, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The raid is 2 weeks long, should be enough time to max three Zyrus.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Do I have to wait for King Mog to get Fairy Writs? Need ten more and I'll make Rain my first Six, probably.

Getting my rear end kicked by Veritas of the Heavens at the village in the mountains, and I can't summon a friend for that fight. I got a Xiao today, is she worth using as a breaker?

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

WebDO posted:

Yeah I was talking about this with my wife last night. Last summer when the game was shiny and new Golbez (and a lot of other now garbage tier characters) got a lot of very useful mileage on our teams. I wish they'd give him a relevant 6 star form at some point.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

Do I have to wait for King Mog to get Fairy Writs? Need ten more and I'll make Rain my first Six, probably.

Getting my rear end kicked by Veritas of the Heavens at the village in the mountains, and I can't summon a friend for that fight. I got a Xiao today, is she worth using as a breaker?

You have Rain, just use Undermine. That is your break. After that he gets stupid easy.

Unless we have a random maze event the only times you get 6* mats is King Moogle, Maze, Daily buys, or lapis bundles.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Score 177500 points in the current raid and you get 5 Fairy Writs, only gets you half way but it's something.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tengames posted:

Free pull today: Sabin, who is potentially even more useless than Shadow as FF6 characters go in this game!

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Pulled Aileen on half-cost today.

Finally a 5* base that isn't useless :unsmith:

e: should have this level 100 by the end of the week. 161 078 510 if anyone wants, just put something SA related in your note.

suuma fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 15, 2017

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

Free pull today: Sabin, who is potentially even more useless than Shadow as FF6 characters go in this game!

At this point the only way to salvage Sabin is to give him Bumrush as a normal attack and make his limit be suplexing a train into The enemy team but Gumi hates cool characters so

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sabin's sprite is so trash that he''ll never get anything good, like Fran

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
My luck is so nasty in this game that I'm gonna pull Fran with my 4* ticket somehow when the FFX event comes around.

Also I will somehow get Luna and Sabin, both wearing Rikku's outfit.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 15, 2017

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

okay if I wanted to try and 1shot the dark espers (Siren/Ifrit) should I use 2 edgars + 4 Setzers, or 3 edgars + 3 Setzers? And I assume I use double dice after chainsaws and just hope for the best?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

okay if I wanted to try and 1shot the dark espers (Siren/Ifrit) should I use 2 edgars + 4 Setzers, or 3 edgars + 3 Setzers? And I assume I use double dice after chainsaws and just hope for the best?

2 Edgars will max the chain multiplier so 2 Edgar + 4 Setzer is the best option. I think Double Dice is the right move but someone should verify.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

The newest MEmu runs great so far. It feels snappier and it looks much more resilient to app/emulator crashing. The slow rear end stage loading is still there from the latest FFBE client update unfortunately.

http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2017/05/04/memu-3-0-for-preview/

Can confirm. Been running this for over a week and it's rocksolid. No crashes since I updated.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Vax posted:

Can confirm. Been running this for over a week and it's rocksolid. No crashes since I updated.

Awesome, thanks for confirming. Now if only they could fix the slow stage loading. gumbi pls :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

arisu posted:

I'm sure a goon buddy can swap over to Ifrit for you if you asked nicely.

I'd do it but no Orlandeau here :(

It would probably be better if people kept their Orlandeus on Odin for right now because of the event.

Now, if someone gets tired of the event as some Goons are wont to do, and put Ifrit on their Orlandeus, please let us know here. :)

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I just swapped my leader to Reberta. She's at 886 ATK and equipped with Excalibur for chaining/imperil/Bahamut weakness.

Uh... There wouldn't be a chance that any of you guys have a Light-equipped Reberta? It would be fun to try out the chaining. Her frame data shows that she should be a great, easy to use chainer.

No idea how useful she is in general though.

edit - Trip report:

Reberta + Reberta = 27x element chain, destroyed Bahamut

Reberta + Orlandeau = a bunch of disparate element chains, destroyed Bahamut

edit 2 - I've been thinking about biting the bullet and maxing out unit slots. gently caress it:

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 16, 2017

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Aight since there's like zero Aileens out there, I'm switching to mine for my friend unit. If anyone needs the dodgy Noctis for a trial, let me know and I'll swap as needed.

For anyone who wants an earth chainer: 226372592

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Sorry for spamming the thread lately but I just posted a damage comparison of Reberta to Orlandeau on Bahamut: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6bfp7c/reberta_orlandeau_damage_comparison_vs_bahamut/

TL;DR, preforms almost identical if you can match Holy element vs. Bahamut. Her damage will fall off vs. non-dragon targets but can be shored up by exploiting her debuff kit with Fryevia's Needle or the like.

edit VVV I hate space management. :( Plus I hoard like a mofo.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

edit 2 - I've been thinking about biting the bullet and maxing out unit slots. gently caress it:

• Locked thread