Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

EVIL Gibson posted:

You know, the painting style reminded me of how Romans and other old civilizations painted their statues back then and only now did smart people analyse the faint paint that survived years of ultraviolet bleaching and recreate what the statues really look liked.

drat, bad miniature painting has deeper roots than miniatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Ayn Marx posted:

The black skin on this model looks really good, what did you use to paint him?
Believe it or not, it's base coated with an ancient Ral Partha Dark Brown, highlighted with cheap-rear end brown craft paint, and given just a little extra highlight with a super-thin glaze of Vallejo...Flat Earth maybe?

Vallejo Black-Brown could be substituted for the base coat, it's similar enough that I think it would give nearly identical results.

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO

Wazzu posted:

I think it was kind of an unspoken thing that given the massive changes in race, colour and pigment in the last mere 2,000 years, it's not unreasonable that we'd all have just have melanin drained from our bodies by the year 40,000.

I've read futurists suggesting that in 2000 years globalisation will result in us all just looking Tan anyway. All racial features will be mixed so much so as to be unrecognisable, and we will look back to the current era and puzzle what it must have been like to live with the concept of different 'races'.

Assuming we don't nuke ourselves to death by then, and survive global warming etc etc.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
The Imperium doesn't bother with racism against other humans when they can do xenophobia onto literal aliens

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

A window into SRM's future:

This looks like that one Russian dude's fan art where everyone just looks so drat happy.

Please GW let this guy draw all 40k art from now on.
:nws: for hairy Astartes dong.

Hustlin Floh fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 16, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

JcDent posted:

He's Turkish... well, born in that place that is now Turkey, but back when turkian tribes didn't exist yet. So he might be black, might be... brownish?

Making Sigmar black would help him look less generic...

I think you'll find the Emperor is white with northwest European features and light brown hair, just like JESUS

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Idk, even /tg/ calls him the Turkish Bastard from time to time.

I like the middle-eastern Ben Kingsley from 1K Sons or Worf Bearers in HH.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

dmnz posted:

I've read futurists suggesting that in 2000 years globalisation will result in us all just looking Tan anyway. All racial features will be mixed so much so as to be unrecognisable, and we will look back to the current era and puzzle what it must have been like to live with the concept of different 'races'.

Assuming we don't nuke ourselves to death by then, and survive global warming etc etc.

Genetics don't actually work that way. What you'd end up with isn't an "averaging out" of those features, but those features being spread out through the population. So yeah, you'd have a lot of brown people, but you'd still have people both much darker and much lighter than that as well. You'd also get green eyes, blue eyes, brown eyes pretty much with any combination of skin color. You'd have all of the racial features, but they wouldn't necessarily be correlated with other features from the same race.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
In the future everyone turns orange with forward-thrust golden hair. And the most powerful of them will transport himself into the past to lead humanity to its tangerine destiny.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
If I remember right the Emperor was basically just Khan from Star Trek but his soul was formed out of some sort of weird gestalt entity made out of shaman souls.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hra Mormo posted:

If I remember right the Emperor was basically just Khan from Star Trek but his soul was formed out of some sort of weird gestalt entity made out of shaman souls.

Khan was genetically engineered to be a superhuman, kinda like Fabulous Bill's new humans (only ever appearing in his fluff section).

Emps was born way back when the shamans noticed Mimbari souls loving off to enter human bodies that there's less and less of shamans being born in each generation, so they all killed themselves in a ritual to meld their souls and be reborn as a superbaby, which is what Emps is.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JcDent posted:

He's Turkish... well, born in that place that is now Turkey, but back when turkian tribes didn't exist yet. So he might be black, might be... brownish?

Making Sigmar black would help him look less generic...
He's from Anatolia. The Anatolians were/are an Indo-European group, and run the gamut from Caucasian to Mongolian. So yeah, he could look white. Anatolians were not Middle-Eastern or Black, so his skin tone would likely not be darker.

Also, who cares? In the fluff, you see what you see, as looking at him is the equivalent of looking at the face of God (other than not dropping dead or something.)

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Modern day Turks are still descended from ancient Antatolians as are much of India's population. You know because humans kinda mix all over the place. So people who descend from Anatolians can look like basically anything, but given the time period he's supposed to have originated in it is unlikely that he'd look all that white.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Imperium doesn't bother with racism against other humans when they can do xenophobia onto literal aliens

Suffer not the Mutant etc. etc.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

GenericOverusedName posted:

Suffer not the Mutant etc. etc.

They suffer the stable abhumans, meanwhile mutants are all sort of freaky poo poo that may or may not come from Chaos. Fluff is full of pieces where you find out that a noble or a bishop is corrupt by lifting the robe and finding gnarly stuff (mouths, etc) underneath.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
How to make a DIY battlemap for £3 which looks like you spent EXACTLY £3 on it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgs0ZJ9_xAk

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Hra Mormo posted:

That`s Rogue Trader era fluff

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Which era was it that basically revealed that the Emperor was Cliff Richard?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Moola posted:

How to make a DIY battlemap for £3 which looks like you spent EXACTLY £3 on it!!!

I kept expecting him to do something about the massive creases all over it. But he didn't. Then out came sellotape.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Hustlin Floh posted:

This looks like that one Russian dude's fan art where everyone just looks so drat happy.

Please GW let this guy draw all 40k art from now on.
:nws: for hairy Astartes dong.

That artist is actually a woman, I believe. Some weird pieces but I agree that mini reminded me of it. I actually really like her art.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muggins posted:

That artist is actually a woman, I believe. Some weird pieces but I agree that mini reminded me of it. I actually really like her art.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Legs for days man!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Not only happy, but a slightly feminine pose I feel. Suddenly best Primarch.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

It's so different from any other stuff out there

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Moola posted:

Cool video mate. Do one showing your brownie basing technique next time.TIA.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

Cool video mate. Do one showing your brownie basing technique next time.TIA.

listen motherfucker...

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

muggins posted:

God drat that's some fine Happy Marines.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ugleb posted:

I kept expecting him to do something about the massive creases all over it. But he didn't. Then out came sellotape.

To be honest, he's got that sheet of plywood. It would look better if he just bonded that poo poo to the plywood

JcDent
May 13, 2013

muggins posted:

Awww, they're just proud of their work :3

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Iron Crowned posted:

To be honest, he's got that sheet of plywood. It would look better if he just bonded that poo poo to the plywood

That's what I thought he was going to do at the start, and then for some reason he just never went there

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Improbable Lobster posted:

That`s Rogue Trader era fluff

The best era. :colbert:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

muggins posted:

I have never seen anyone look so perfectly, wonderfully content in my entire life.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

muggins posted:

Cho Aniki crossover game confirmed.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

he could have even just dabbed white paint on the wood and it wood have looked better

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

he could have even just dabbed white paint on the wood and it wood have looked better

I can't wait to move so I can have a room where I can do that!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

But if he does this it reduces the modularity of his gaming setup.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
How did he manage to murder all those Eldar so messily and not get any blood on his sword?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He didn't use the sword.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Ilor posted:

How did he manage to murder all those Eldar so messily and not get any blood on his sword?

Used his cape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's a power sword, it disintegrated all the blood that was on it.