Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

alt-right internet types keyed in on coverage of coded white supremacist language, and started promoting various innocuous things as being white supremacist symbols. The OK gesture is one of those. Note this is difficult to generally evaluate with certainty; because of the faux-ironic trolling reality-attacking approach these people use with everything, it's likely that a bunch of them, knowingly or not, do use these fake signifiers as actual white supremacist indicators.

...I guess I should have expected this, but I'm still angry.
I know this is gonna be controversial to say, but I really loving hate the alt-right.

KillerQueen fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Donald Trump's face will be caved in by full communism. A Good Cartoon.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
This is probably old, but I just saw it today and I'm kind of irrationally angry about it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
your anger is rational, unlike theirs

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oops!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Lunatic Sledge posted:

This is probably old, but I just saw it today and I'm kind of irrationally angry about it.

How did Garrison react when people kept making his comics into anti-semitic stuff? Like I can't imagine Garrison would be okay with his comics got spun out of his control and warped against his views. I'd probably be having weekly tantrums.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

How did Garrison react when people kept making his comics into anti-semitic stuff? Like I can't imagine Garrison would be okay with his comics got spun out of his control and warped against his views. I'd probably be having weekly tantrums.

He got incredibly pissy about it, even making a comic or two denouncing it.

Then at some point he just kind gave in and became what the comics were being co-opted into. More or less just turned into mouthpiece for 4chan.

So yeah, not a huge surprise he's a hypocrite. Someone did a good write up on it in imgur, let me find that post...

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Profiles:

Payne: http://imgur.com/gallery/C2ysj
Garrison: http://imgur.com/gallery/ZdFwM
Tinsley: http://imgur.com/gallery/hFGWV
Gorrell: http://imgur.com/gallery/rnrPT
Ramirez: http://imgur.com/gallery/QrEjj
Rall: http://imgur.com/gallery/xDjKV

Anything I should add to any of these? Commentary, essential cartoons, parodies?

Here we go. Have a look at Garrison.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

The irrational anger comes from the fact that it would be so easy and satisfying to dunk on Garrison by appropriating his own intellectual property, yet Garrison has brilliantly played the game 100 moves ahead by refusing to produce a single original thought. Vile... yet brilliant.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lunatic Sledge posted:

i read furie's comic as more of a farewell to his beautiful frog son and not "you can't use this"

also matt has boneitis apparently

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This one is even more funny now that it has been revealed that Trump has leaked info to the Russian diplomat he met last week.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

oddium posted:

i read furie's comic as more of a farewell to his beautiful frog son and not "you can't use this"

also matt has boneitis apparently

That's exactly what it was, but alt-righters are being willfully dense about it.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

He tried to get people to give him money to sue 4chan.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pants Donkey posted:

it's beautiful

Make Bitcoin Great Again :allears:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is Lauren Southern going to be able to appear on campus anytime soon?

Edit: tag urselves i'm stefan molyneux's massive jack off arm.

as i said in the trump thread this morning, i'm gavin mcinnes' left hand with the thumb going the wrong way

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

KillerQueen posted:

...I guess I should have expected this, but I'm still angry.
I know this is gonna be controversial to say, but I really loving hate the alt-right.

Stay safe antifa pupper

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

This one is even more funny now that it has been revealed that Trump has leaked info to the Russian diplomat he met last week.

I have not heard about this. I had to go look it up. Trump is loving up so hard and so fast the news media can't cover all of it. This has always been the case but this is a new level of loving up.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gonna be a good harvest of toons this week :getin:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pants Donkey posted:

Gonna be a good harvest of toons this week :getin:

Will Garrison attempt a refutation, or go with something completely unrelated? Stay tuned!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Branco will have an ugly Hillary saying "How dare he be so careless with classified information!" while behind her is a box marked "Private Server with Classified Information."

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ramirez will draw something entirely unrelated to Trump

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That Gavin motherfucker is in one of the most awkward postures I've ever seen. I just stood up to try it. Imagine interviewing someone like that.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Blast from the past.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Branco and Garrison will obviously go with FAKE NEWS but even with McMaster claiming the story is false I doubt they'll have too much company. Nobody believes anything this administration says.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Republicans posted:

Branco and Garrison will obviously go with FAKE NEWS but even with McMaster claiming the story is false I doubt they'll have too much company. Nobody believes anything this administration says.

Except every Republican that watches Fox News and reads anything from Brietbart to info wars.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Republicans posted:

The saner republican senators and congresspeople won't even make a huge stink about it for the long. They want those tax cuts and deregulations first before they jump ship on Trump.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ramos posted:

Here we go. Have a look at Garrison.
Oh yeah, I should really edit that in.

How do you edit published imgur posts, anyway?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Avirosb posted:

Autistic screeching is not an argument!

Neither is arm wrestling but hey, that's beside the point!

I don't want this good good edit to go unmentioned.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Avirosb posted:

I thought "dude" was a sixties thing.

Mental Floss posted:

For some time now, we have known the basic outline of the story of “dude.” The word was first used in the late 1800s as a term of mockery for young men who were overly concerned with keeping up with the latest fashions. It later came to stand for clueless city folk (who go to dude ranches) before it morphed into our all-purpose laid-back label for a guy. What we didn’t know was why the word dude was chosen in the first place.

So where does dude come from? Evidence points to “doodle,” as in “Yankee Doodle Dandy.” He’s the fellow who, as the song has it, “stuck a feather in his cap and called it macaroni.” “Macaroni” became a term for a dandy in the 18th century after young British men returned from their adventures on the European continent sporting exaggerated high-fashion clothes and mannerisms (along with a taste for an exotic Italian dish called “macaroni”). The best a rough, uncultured colonist could do if he wanted to imitate them was stick a feather in his cap.

“For some reason,” Metcalf says, “early in 1883, this inspired someone to call foppish young men of New York City ‘doods,’ with the alternate spelling ‘dudes’ soon becoming the norm.” Some of the early mocking descriptions of these dudes seem awfully familiar today: “A weak mustache, a cigarette, a thirteen button vest/A curled rim hat—a minaret—two watch chains cross the breast.”

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alhazred posted:

Strong opinions about ice cream in this thread.

I keep telling you, Americans are food nazis.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Any excuse to draw more attention to my pathetic edits and feed my gigantic Politoon ego.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 16, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I keep telling you, Americans are food nazis.

Question, was "vanilla is boring" or "vanilla is underrated" the nazi opinion here, just keeping track of my nazi score

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Avirosb posted:

This is a good cartoon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Someone edit it so that it's Zyklon Ben walking away from Garrison

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

loquacius posted:

Question, was "vanilla is boring" or "vanilla is underrated" the nazi opinion here, just keeping track of my nazi score

It's the part where posters got mad that some people prefer an ice cream flavor that they don't.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Someone edit it so that it's Zyklon Ben walking away from Garrison

Happened almost immediately over on leftypol

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

:effort:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Ague Proof posted:

Blast from the past.

The Democrats would rather show Putin their hideous donkey genitals (not sure what that's a meataphor for?) than the highly important National Cyber-Secrets on their back. Their sacrifice is noted.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The honeymoon is ending between Zelda and her cool friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Avirosb posted:

This is a good edit. My only suggestion would be to change the label on "Name Calling" guy's arm.
Maybe something to reflect the fact that he's basically a strawman?

• Locked thread