Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al-Saqr posted:

Madoka sucks rear end and I regret watching every second of it.

I liked Madoka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GrimGypsy posted:

it's not that liberals are smug it's that they refuse to loving get over this godforsaken need to look for compromise and "accept every view" and poo poo. you don't see conservatives wringing their hands like that
a greatest generation ago we would call these people "collaborators"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GrimGypsy posted:

it's not that liberals are smug it's that they refuse to loving get over this godforsaken need to look for compromise and "accept every view" and poo poo. you don't see conservatives wringing their hands like that

but you see when they go low we go into the woods and hide because we lost

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

eat the fuckin meatloaf

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I liked Madoka

in the 80s sure but shes pretentious now

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GrimGypsy posted:

The left mentally still exists in the pre-Escalator Era.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

GrimGypsy posted:

you dumbass, liberals dont accept every view they sell out leftists with lip service while trying to figure out how to keep the tich happy

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

GrimGypsy posted:

don't have to accept every view

if you reject them all

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Untether your mind and go down the escalator to embrace eternity. MAGA

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TwoStepBoog posted:

lol the walking dead
lame characters and lame plots but hey zombies look out

lol

The pilot was really good and the first season was entertaining but amc decided nah we can't be TOO successful now so they cut the budget to poo poo and Frank darabront left and I think some writers did too and we got the second season which is one of the biggest quality dropoffs from one season to another I can think of in relatively recent memory

Hershel's farm became the new Namek because it felt like viewers were never going to see anything beyond it and it was horrible but in an amazing and unintentionally funny way

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

anime was right posted:

this is the most confusing human expression i have ever witnessed

robots haven't perfected human emotion yet. Not even the robo leaders can do it right

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Nichael posted:

The left mentally still exists
🤔
🤔🤔
🤔🤔🤔

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
this year's Summer anime season looks so good, you guys. New seasons of monogatari and Symphogear.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

you dumbass, liberals dont accept every view they sell out leftists with lip service while trying to figure out how to keep the tich happy

They accept every view, and choose the right one.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

shillary manson sold out a generation w her so called cameo in david byrne's lost freeway i fuckin haaaaaaate her

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zen death robot posted:

It's getting real suck Zone in here

anime

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Good soup! posted:

The pilot was really good and the first season was entertaining but amc decided nah we can't be TOO successful now so they cut the budget to poo poo and Frank darabront left and I think some writers did too and we got the second season which is one of the biggest quality dropoffs from one season to another I can think of in relatively recent memory

Hershel's farm became the new Namek because it felt like viewers were never going to see anything beyond it and it was horrible but in an amazing and unintentionally funny way

I don't watch The Walking Dead but I don't believe it had a bigger first season quality drop off than Heroes, Sleepy Hollow, or Glee.

Glee has a massive quality drop off after its loving pilot.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Nichael posted:

Zuck's an exceedingly ugly young man.

I love Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. It's the best network comedy.

its a lot better than it's name entails

all-time terrible name for a tv show though

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nichael posted:

The left mentally still exists in the pre-Escalator Era.

more liek left behind starring owen wilson

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

No don't :(

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

They accept every view, and choose the right one.

yet never the correct one :sad:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

TRUMP

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Strictly Jizzim Dance

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

I don't watch The Walking Dead but I don't believe it had a bigger first season quality drop off than Heroes, Sleepy Hollow, or Glee.

Legitimate and hearty lol, I had forgotten about Heroes, that was awful

Edit: I don't know, season 2 of TWD had some amazing poo poo like The Amazing Teleporting Carl, Solid Snake Zombie who somehow takes down a loving cow (this is not easy) and murders a main character in a way that was totally unlike what said character would actually so in a situations, multiple episodes of 45 minutes of absolutely nothing happening followed by 5 minutes of something neat, T Dog existing for no reason, instant zombie resurrection, I don't follow TWD anymore but from just a tv watching standpoint it was loving funny and astounding just how nonsensical, poorly paced, and stupid it was

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 16, 2017

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

shiksa posted:

its a lot better than it's name entails

all-time terrible name for a tv show though

Cougar Town existed.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is easily the best network comedy, and probably a top five comedy on TV in general.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the thing that really confuses me about post-escalator reality is how everythings meaning is conflated

it kind of owns

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
liberals are not better than conservatives

both are worse

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

a helpful bear posted:

guys, people,g oons.... forget trump

spend $69/night in vegas

i was passing through vegas on a road trip and decided to spend a day there, so i booked a hotel on some overbook site that didn't tell you anything about the hotel except the price. got one right on the strip for $50, which i thought was a pretty good deal.

the entire hotel was shaped like a circus tent and was extremely clown themed, and i also had a wonderful view of trump tower. a powerful self-own

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I would watch a Glee that actually was like its pilot.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Nichael posted:

ya glee went from a pretty quality high school dramady with a soul (and, well, music numbers, duh) to that same show after 10 crushing seasons where everyone is phoning it in as much as possible and it's become a parody of itself almost immediately.

it's pretty impressive, really

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

shiksa posted:

ya glee went from a pretty quality high school dramady with a soul (and, well, music numbers, duh) to that same show after 10 crushing seasons where everyone is phoning it in as much as possible and it's become a parody of itself almost immediately.

it's pretty impressive, really

scientists call it the ryan murphy effect

I like how each AHS season, being an anthology show, speeds up the Murphy effect dramatically.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

deadgoon posted:

both are worse

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

deadgoon posted:

both are worse

individual humans are usually pretty cool

humans together are just the fuckin' worst, man

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Didn't Glee have two school shooting episodes in one season lmao

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cucked again lieberals!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

Al-Saqr posted:

Democracy wakes up with two giant unrelenting hands gripped firmly around it's neck.

It cant breathe. It looks up to see the face of it's end:-

It Screams.

Democracy dies forever.

So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous upvotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScrubLeague posted:

Didn't Glee have two school shooting episodes in one season lmao

why so few when the rate of actual school shootings is so much higher

• Locked thread