Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

more grind for the grind god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The way they are banning players I'm pretty sure there won't be any left for release.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
I can't wait for this poo poo show.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
Count me in, I played one alpha, and then skipped all the beta bullshit.

Double
Jan 1, 2012
Why am I here again?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Free Kimsemus. Forgot all about this game since the last thread pooped with no forwarding address. Reading through this one brings back some happy memories. If the game ever releases, I probably won't play. But I might! I've made worse decisions before and I'll make worse decisions again.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if youve already paid for it, might as well jump in for the first two weeks and kill a few dudes. that part might be fun on launch? hard to tell at this point

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

that part might be fun on launch?

would it actually tho

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
is this game real poo poo or just poo poo? is it worth buying to just gently caress around in beta and hoping they fix the pvp ruleset at launch or is it hopeless?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
might as well wait til launch at this point

forge
Feb 26, 2006

eonwe posted:

would it actually tho

Launch is always fun because there is so much opportunity for free kills. I'm not going to say playing month 6 won't be a wall of boredom. But the first month of the game is always decent. Launch will no doubt be amazing if for no other reason than all the carebears who quit while it was beta will be back on launch. Chance for scamming and general fuckery will be through the roof for the first 2 weeks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

are any games actually fun ever or do they just fill a void in our empty souls for a short period of time

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

forge posted:

Launch is always fun because there is so much opportunity for free kills. I'm not going to say playing month 6 won't be a wall of boredom. But the first month of the game is always decent. Launch will no doubt be amazing if for no other reason than all the carebears who quit while it was beta will be back on launch. Chance for scamming and general fuckery will be through the roof for the first 2 weeks.

This is only true if getting those free kills is more fun than playing any other game.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Where are those other games? I'm confused..

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Well since all MMOs are bad its probably games from a different genre.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

CoffeeBooze posted:

Well since all MMOs are bad its probably games from a different genre.

I also forgot to mention doing literally anything else fun with your time rather than play a bad game.

futile
May 18, 2009
Killing people and taking their poo poo is fun

forge
Feb 26, 2006

futile posted:

creating salt is confirmed not fun.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

forge posted:

The launch will no doubt be amazing if for no other reason than all the carebears who quit while it was beta will be back on launch. Chance for scamming and general fuckery will be through the roof for the first 2 weeks.

Whenever there is an opportunity for Goon fuckery, even if it's just for a limited time, you should jump on it.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

futile posted:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So it's taken the devs two years to get to our point of view. Maybe in another two years AO will be a good game sorta like we need it to be.

I think release reality is sorta finally sitting in.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

forge posted:

So it's taken the devs two years to get to our point of view. Maybe in another two years AO will be a good game sorta like we need it to be.

I think release reality is sorta finally sitting in.

what makes you say this? are they fixing the game?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

what makes you say this? are they fixing the game?

:si:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Basically some poo poo me and blazing were complaining about in RT 2 years ago. Korn suddenly posted saying how he thinks it should be this way and supports this idea. The idea of gear caps in yellow and red. So basically people don't bring 8.3 to yellow. So in another two years they'll figure out that all GvG zones should be attackable in the zone, and not be the entire 3 tents on a continent. Rep system is garbage, etc. Two more years guys.. two more!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

forge posted:

The idea of gear caps in yellow and red.

you are the cancer that is killing this game

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

He's Berc?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Gear caps in GvGs not open world.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

Gear caps in GvGs not open world.

no gear caps ever please

forge
Feb 26, 2006
There should be gear caps in yellow zone gvg because it's where newbs practice. If they went up against red army with 8.3 you would never win, and never get any decent practice because you would be camping the tent the entire GvG. Sometime makes me think you haven't actually done much GvG.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

There should be gear caps in yellow zone gvg because it's where newbs practice. If they went up against red army with 8.3 you would never win, and never get any decent practice because you would be camping the tent the entire GvG. Sometime makes me think you haven't actually done much GvG.

it's a sandbox, lovely players should get stomped by bigger and better groups

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

it's a sandbox, lovely players should get stomped by bigger and better groups

Forced 5v5 shouldn't even be in a sandbox tho lol

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
gvg is dog poo poo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

2DCAT posted:

agreed

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Suxpool posted:

gvg is dog poo poo

also agreed

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i have very serious opinions about this important genre of farts

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I wouldn't have a problem with gvg if it wasn't player capped. A guild should be able to zerg 100 tier 3 players if they want. Newbies will have to use numbers vs gear/skill. And if a mega alliance takes over, eventually internal strife and regular player bullshit will break up the alliance.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Keegers posted:

I wouldn't have a problem with gvg if it wasn't player capped. A guild should be able to zerg 100 tier 3 players if they want. Newbies will have to use numbers vs gear/skill. And if a mega alliance takes over, eventually internal strife and regular player bullshit will break up the alliance.

it's almost like you want a sandbox mmo

heresy, I say

decide the fate of your alliance by poopsocking and self-cucking so your 5 man dream team can defend all your land

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

[extremely berc voice] Clearly I am destroying your preconceived dimwitted notion of how game mechanics impact player behavior especially in a sandbox by adding anti-sanndbox mechanics because thats edgy and fresh and its something nobody has ever done. Btw I'm banning you for disagreeing, later loser. Yer gonna be missing out on the greatest mmo of all time lmbo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

eonwe posted:

its good

:thunk:

• Locked thread