Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

uPen posted:

Killing 5 dudes and going out at #30 is a much better time than going out as #2 hiding in a bush.

gently caress yeah. ok so you're not all Arma camping fags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Don't sleep on the pan folks!! I busted 2 dudes at the edge of the old circle right before it started collapsing again. They had that good loot so I stuck around a bit too long dealing with the lovely inventory system. I was running essentially dead ahead of the circle collapse into the teeth of the bad guys and eventually got an angle so they were shooting my butt. If I didn't have like 10 dudes plinking at me I woulda lived cuz that pan dinged off like 20 rifle rounds. Would have been fucken awesome if I had made it but it didn't pan out :( But at least my pan went to valhalla.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 16, 2017

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Just got the game in the weekend.

When I found out what the blue line on the map was for I quickly ended up behind the curve and taking damage.
Surely the car I left stashed in the bushes 10 minutes ago isn't still there...

But I was in luck!

I was so far gone that even in the car it took ages to get into the clear again but I made it.

Exhilerating!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Patch report: poo poo feels a bit smoother? There was no EU server lag but I can't tell if that was the patch or just because the servers were all restarted for maintenance.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Do gasmasks or ballistic masks and padded jackets or trenchcoat do anything? I'd imagine they're like a second layer of helmet/armour, but I have no idea if I should be wasting time equipping them.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

nimby posted:

Do gasmasks or ballistic masks and padded jackets or trenchcoat do anything? I'd imagine they're like a second layer of helmet/armour, but I have no idea if I should be wasting time equipping them.

They're purely cosmetic

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Patch report: poo poo feels a bit smoother? There was no EU server lag but I can't tell if that was the patch or just because the servers were all restarted for maintenance.

each time they restart its smooth af for a few days and then gets worse and worse

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

nimby posted:

Social Media posted:

They're purely cosmetic

They add inventory space (the coats). Masks do nothing, as far as I know.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Zipperelli. posted:

The masks also add a tiny bit of inventory space.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'd imagine the ballistic and gas masks offer a way to cover more of your skin, thereby *maybe* giving you a bit more camo. Kind of like that clip a few pages back where a guy had a perfect outfit for blending in with trees.

I'll always grab a coat when I find one - I'll pass up the trenches during non-rainy matches, though - something about running across an open field wearing a black trenchcoat in broad daylight doesn't feel smart.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mr Hootington posted:

Welp, time to start picking them up.

A buddy said the ballistic mask adds armor, but I don't know how true that is.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
as always this thread is great for dumb misinformation

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Zipperelli. posted:

Welp, time to start picking them up.

A buddy said the ballistic mask adds armor, but I don't know how true that is.

Neither is true, only Vests, Backpack and the hip thing you start with give you inventory space.
Ballistic masks are purely cosmetic.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

Mr Hootington posted:

Clothing doesn't do anything for your inventory space. The listed capacity is their own weight if you were to carry them in your inventory instead of wearing them. The only items that increase your inventory space are backpacks, armour-vests, and the utility holster you start out with: https://youtu.be/I7RYd7W5Ocg?t=2m30s

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'd imagine the ballistic and gas masks offer a way to cover more of your skin, thereby *maybe* giving you a bit more camo. Kind of like that clip a few pages back where a guy had a perfect outfit for blending in with trees.

I'll always grab a coat when I find one - I'll pass up the trenches during non-rainy matches, though - something about running across an open field wearing a black trenchcoat in broad daylight doesn't feel smart.

My perfect outfit:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Perestroika posted:

Clothing doesn't do anything for your inventory space. The listed capacity is their own weight if you were to carry them in your inventory instead of wearing them. The only items that increase your inventory space are backpacks, armour-vests, and the utility holster you start out with: https://youtu.be/I7RYd7W5Ocg?t=2m30s

Ah. Well then. The more you know, I guess.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
I run with the gas mask and a jacket with the fur collar since it's a funny look but also since it might make my outline look a bit less like a human head and shoulders.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

taqueso posted:

No, all helmets protect the face despite how they look.

I feel like this gets posted at least twice every 6 or so pages.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Tony Montana posted:

what would be cool is this game but not written by an Arma wannabe milsperg fuckwit

look at this, another baby-faced, bucktoothed whiney babby come to talk poo poo.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
im not going to take poo poo from a loving carebear

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
so like, i need to spend a lot of time coding how the weapons work up close to poo poo. Like I want you to have to gently caress around and not be to close to something or you can't shoot. I think that's really important and adds realism. something is thats good is a ton of completely useless weapons. machete, crossbow, the list goes on, these are all really scenery because if you pick them up they'll get you killed

its good fun I played some rounds tonight. I just wish it was this but played with the feel of the new quake. BF1 is a good example. You don't have to turn it into campfest 2017. I guess you do if you think Arma was fun

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Zipperelli. posted:

Coats don't give you poo poo, why does this always get spread around?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

This thread is full of misinformation and attracts the worst kind of whiny little babbys

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
so why dont you just gently caress off then? jesus

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Just started playing this. What does the Energy Drink do?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Carebearz posted:

Because clothes all have a capacity value listed on them despite the fact that you can't actually put them in your inventory and you can't really see your exact carrying capacity so people assume that that value is how much they give you when you wear them, instead of the truth which is that the numbers mean literally nothing at all.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Tony Montana posted:

so why dont you just gently caress off then? jesus

Because I enjoy talking about this game with the goons here who aren't constantly crying about poo poo like babies?

Also not spreading stupid rear end misinformation.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Energy drinks and painkillers fill up your stamina bar. It ticks down over time, and you have some health regen as long as you have any stamina at all. Fill it up enough and you also run faster.

They're really useful because the health regen is one of the better ways to top yourself off from the 75% health that you get to by using a first aid kit. And both the regen and the run speed are really useful if you need to hustle for the circle.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

DarkAvenger211 posted:

it gives you wings!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Carebearz posted:

If you'd bothered to read before ham fistedly smashing your keyboard replying in a frothing rage, you'd see that I retracted my comment when I realized I was wrong.

Get a grip dude. It's a game.

Alternatively, kill yourself for being so triggered by a loving video game you piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

Alternatively, kill yourself for being so triggered by a loving video game you piece of poo poo

:ironicat:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Playing this game like it's OG Ghost Recon multiplayer and triggering dipshits who cry that you're not running around like an idiot is why this game is fun.

Alternatively, never play with goons.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Can't it be both? Run around with a shotgun and motorcycle breaking houses and killing campy babies until you get solid equipment and then play the rest of the round like a tactical sneaker.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

The rare team save. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144146406

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I like this game and I want to talk about it but the thread seems to devolve into namecalling and arguments constantly, and if you don't play the game like Unreal Tournament you're not enjoying it the right way.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Always play with goons. This is the most fun with goons I've had in a long time.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
well no but a game based in sitting in a house for 20 mins to then shoot two people that never even saw you probably appeals to a specific kind of anti-social weirdo but for the majority of people that's a lot of waiting around doing nothing for a few seconds of 'fun'. If you don't equate your self-worth with your kills then the whole thing gets a bit pathetic

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Spanish Matlock posted:

Can't it be both? Run around with a shotgun and motorcycle breaking houses and killing campy babies until you get solid equipment and then play the rest of the round like a tactical sneaker.

I just get my poo poo and move on. I try to never hang around one area more than a few minutes. Seems to work fine. I get my sneaky sneak on, am not exposed in the open, and generally don't fall prey to "campers".

Don't really give a poo poo how others play as long as I'm having fun. The big issue it seems is some goons itt are mad that pubs aren't just lining up for them to be shot in the face.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Tony Montana posted:

well no but a game based in sitting in a house for 20 mins to then shoot two people that never even saw you probably appeals to a specific kind of anti-social weirdo but for the majority of people that's a lot of waiting around doing nothing for a few seconds of 'fun'. If you don't equate your self-worth with your kills then the whole thing gets a bit pathetic

Why does it matter to you how other people want to play the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nah it doesnt. im just saying, he was saying that everyone needs to play it like Quake and I was saying well not really but you've gotta understand the frustration in a camping and snipe type game. But that's what this is. Quake is in beta you can play it for free now if you want. There are still enough new elements to this that its pretty cool

• Locked thread