Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mackers posted:

for fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck saaaaake everyone hates you you got donald trump elected just STOP

This time will be DIFFERENT! *sends out her squire Sancho Panza to get more pantsuits*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

phasmid posted:

This time will be DIFFERENT! *sends out her squire Sancho Panza to get more pantsuits*

Someone should write 'Hillary Quixote'. Instead of Quixote seeing windmills as giants, Hillary sees tthem as Russians and Mysoginists.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
In 2020, Hillary Clinton will finally acquiesce to her PR manager's strategy of directness and honesty, and will cook and eat a baby on live television, under the assumption that it is better to confirm rumors than to let them grow out of control like they did with the email debacle.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

116 pages lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

She wants to get him elected twice.

It's her revenge on all of us.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

SEND MONEY!!!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

basic hitler posted:

You know, at their age, for donald, hillary, and bernie, 4 years can be a long time health-wise. Of course they all have access to top-level healthcare as federal lawmakers, but people fall apart. Honestly I hope trump and hillary fall apart between now and then. Not that being 99% gone stopped Ronald Reagan from winning 1984 but I can hope.

Wait, do you not know that Huma is going to be her next host?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I'm not 50++ years old or anything so I can't claim to have watched poo poo go down for so long, but I am absolutely astounded at how loving corrupt and unapologetically ruined the "news" media is. They are now somehow even worse than our own corrupt hosed up politicians. Maybe I'm naive, but it seemed to me that they used to at least pretend not to be utter unscrupulous asslords. Now it seems they can't even be bothered to pretend, they just don't give a gently caress. What kind of idiot believes anything CNN or FNC says anymore?

The media and poly establishment hate Trump so loving much, even more than they hated Bush or Obama, what is Trump doing that makes them froth at the mouth?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Zippy the Bummer posted:

The media and poly establishment hate Trump so loving much, even more than they hated Bush or Obama, what is Trump doing that makes them froth at the mouth?

He's doing a lot of really stupid poo poo, but that certainly doesn't explain why they hated him with a frothing passion for months before he even took office.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I'm not 50++ years old or anything so I can't claim to have watched poo poo go down for so long, but I am absolutely astounded at how loving corrupt and unapologetically ruined the "news" media is. They are now somehow even worse than our own corrupt hosed up politicians. Maybe I'm naive, but it seemed to me that they used to at least pretend not to be utter unscrupulous asslords. Now it seems they can't even be bothered to pretend, they just don't give a gently caress. What kind of idiot believes anything CNN or FNC says anymore?

He made the mistake of being an outsider AND a republican!!!!

He also made the mistake of calling the media out on their bullshit.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
the fact that they seem to be so afraid of Trump, an extremely rich member of the elite, makes me wonder where the gently caress their agenda lies. Why are they so rear end-blasted over him?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is this Onward Together poo poo going to do anything besides siphon liberal angst dollars for personal influence peddling?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the fact that they seem to be so afraid of Trump, an extremely rich member of the elite, makes me wonder where the gently caress their agenda lies. Why are they so rear end-blasted over him?

Hes not on board with the globalist agenda.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

JB50 posted:

He made the mistake of being an outsider
This was really the big one imo. Trump's a drat joke but if this kind of vitriol had been launched at any President before, even his adversaries would feign being incensed. On either side they'd say "Hey, knock that off! He's the President! Show some respect!"

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I'd like to add that I just watched SNL for the first time in a while and saw Alec Baldwin do his Trump impersonation and I don't see any resemblance at all.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Did GB2016 cost Hillary the election?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Murray Mantoinette posted:

He's doing a lot of really stupid poo poo, but that certainly doesn't explain why they hated him with a frothing passion for months before he even took office.

He did the Big Naughty of being Hillary's opponent and not losing.

Personally, I think clowning on someone to the literal limits of human ability is worthy of a nobel peace prize, but not that Media!

edit: MEEEEEEEEDIAAAAAA

FisheyStix fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 16, 2017

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

I'd like to add that I just watched SNL for the first time in a while and saw Alec Baldwin do his Trump impersonation and I don't see any resemblance at all.

Anthony Atamanuik's Trump impression is vastly superior, he manages to really nail the little mannerisms and gestures that Baldwin and others overlook. His show is still pretty mediocre unfortunately.

Baldwin's Trump was never nearly as good as McKinnon's Hillary or Larry David's Sanders.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

The Insect Court posted:

Anthony Atamanuik's Trump impression is vastly superior, he manages to really nail the little mannerisms and gestures that Baldwin and others overlook. His show is still pretty mediocre unfortunately.

Baldwin's Trump was never nearly as good as McKinnon's Hillary or Larry David's Sanders.
Yeah, that show is a bit long for the gimmick but that dude does a much better job. I kinda wish Baldwin would stop being political and take his actor friends with him into retirement.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
the entire media is welcome to suck my butthole. It's amazing that anyone still gives a poo poo about what they say at this point. You might as well huff dog farts and call it being informed, you'll be just as wise and just as insulted

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the entire media is welcome to suck my butthole. It's amazing that anyone still gives a poo poo about what they say at this point. You might as well huff dog farts and call it being informed, you'll be just as wise and just as insulted

:yeah:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Because he's constantly dunking on them and they can't deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xokE0fRok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9jJhOWIJWE

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Insect Court posted:

The Trump vs Bernie debates were hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGRAonpLeQg

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

they aren't, but the idiots who threw their weight behind Hillary and got crushed are driving their ratings up so they are catering to it

if no one watched them after the election they'd move on to cover things that would get ratings

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Trump is a ratings goldmine I'm curious to see how long news outlets can corral chicken littles

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I guess my real question is:

the right catering media (FNC, talk radio etc) hated Obama, and the left catering media (msnbc and whatever else is your guess) hated Bush, but loving everyone seems to hate the poo poo out of Trump. Is that genuine or bullshit? It sure seems real enough. Are they actually afraid of him, or do they just hate him on a personal level. Or is it all just some theatrical bullshit? Everyone in politics, as far as I can tell, is a bilious self-serving rear end in a top hat to some extent, so the only reason i can think of that they would actively fight someone is because they are politically threatened by them.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I guess my real question is:

the right catering media (FNC, talk radio etc) hated Obama, and the left catering media (msnbc and whatever else is your guess) hated Bush, but loving everyone seems to hate the poo poo out of Trump. Is that genuine or bullshit? It sure seems real enough. Are they actually afraid of him, or do they just hate him on a personal level. Or is it all just some theatrical bullshit? Everyone in politics, as far as I can tell, is a bilious self-serving rear end in a top hat to some extent, so the only reason i can think of that they would actively fight someone is because they are politically threatened by them.

he killed TPP and is against lobbyists

there's your answer

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

there's your answer

That's a very weak answer since it's mostly bullshit.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

VikingSkull posted:

there's your answer

Against lobbyists so he made a bill to make it easier on them lol.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Bholder posted:

Do you ever post anything other than the stock 2nd grader response of "nuh-uhhhh"?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

theperminator posted:

Do you ever post anything other than the stock 2nd grader response of "nuh-uhhhh"?

he doesn't and it's really funny getting a response from him

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

there's your answer

I somehow doubt the person who's putting industry chiefs in all of the government's oversight positions is against the idea of lobbying

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

theperminator posted:

Donald trump's cabinet is a who's who of corporates. They don't need lobbyists if they run the thing, lol.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Psycho Society posted:

I somehow doubt the person who's putting industry chiefs in all of the government's oversight positions is against the idea of lobbying

You don't need to lobby when you're on the inside so it's technically a win for trump

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I mean it seems like Dems and people on the left and everybody in general should hate Bush way more because of the whole Iraq War business and the Patriot Act and all of that poo poo, and maybe Obama as well for basically continuing all of that, yet the whole establishment seems to hate Trump a lot more even though he's barely done anything yet. Seems strange to me

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Bholder posted:

Trump revived the TPP? When?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I mean it seems like Dems and people on the left and everybody in general should hate Bush way more because of the whole Iraq War business and the Patriot Act and all of that poo poo, and maybe Obama as well for basically continuing all of that, yet the whole establishment seems to hate Trump a lot more even though he's barely done anything yet. Seems strange to me

Lol you want to give trump a chance.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

theperminator posted:

Better than making poo poo up on the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Panzeh posted:

Lol you want to give trump a chance.

I'm more wondering why people are so pissed about Trump when they weren't nearly so angry about Bush, even after the whole very suspicious possibly stolen election in 2000. That's mainly what was on my mind.

• Locked thread