Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Oiled and Ready posted:

Ill take the word of McMaster over "unnamed current and former officials" but sure, somebody saw an opening to take a jab with no skin in the game and so felt "troubled"

Whats more realistic: Donald Trump doing a really stupid thing, or Donald Trump not doing a really stupid thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/864466734073425921

lol

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Joementum posted:

Are you saying that a story about Bannon running around the White House calling people cucks casts Jared in a bad light?

no i'm just imagining jared telling that to a reporter

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
At this point Trump will run for a third term and the GOP will be like "well..I mean if he wins is it really unfair?"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DrPlump posted:

Trump only pretending to be retarded

owned again, libs

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

and i must meme posted:

no i'm just imagining jared telling that to a reporter

:same:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

fits my needs posted:

lol if you think the inbreds and rurals can follow anything except for what's on Fox News. the majority of congress is republicans and they don't care about country before party and their voters will vote them in even more after they lose their health insurance because......something something Obama Hillary Benghazi.

Hm yes, my bad, they did give us President McCain and President Romney after all

Certainly ~47% of Americans, in exactly the right spots to win the EC, are all rural inbreds who will show up again to vote for the GOP Congressmen in 2018 regardless of their actions and they can all just jack off until they get re-elected

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

okay i'll just go read it from trump itself

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

quote:

You can put them to various uses, but you shouldn't read them.

lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Venom Snake posted:

People in the white house/gop have said Bannon is brilliant because hes read the art of war. nobody reads anything anymore lol

steve bannon has all the smarts of a lovely mmo guild leader, great

wait didn't he sell gold in wow lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

People in the white house/gop have said Bannon is brilliant because hes read the art of war. nobody reads anything anymore lol

explains why he gets along w putin i guess

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

At this point Trump will run for a third term and the GOP will be like "well..I mean if he wins is it really unfair?"

I love the party of "common sense"!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

financially racist posted:

he did

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

this leads down a dangerous road my friend

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

:laffo:

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
"no leaker no leaker, you're the leaker", trump mutters into a mirror

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

bannon is a conglomeration of every lovely internet stereotype + alcoholism

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Tbh I've read art of war too (it's awesome) and I don't see any evidence of it's influence in this administration.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

the fire is like a river, you should let it wash over you, and,

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

classic "dont touch the poop" advice

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Tbh I've read art of war too (it's awesome) and I don't see any evidence of it's influence in this administration.

They follow the Art of the Deal, that's why

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

it's awesome if you are fighting wars using bows and arrows I guess

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

2017 is so cool

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

well duh who needs the art of war when u got the art of the deal!?

e: goddammit someone beat me to it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

What about the pikemen regiments he's assembled?

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

tankadillo posted:

yeah one of my big takeaways from this story is that, out of a tiny circle of highly trusted WH people, someone took the initiative to leak this to the press.

I'm not even completely sure of that. It sounds like people ran from this meeting to call NSA and CIA and said, "Yo, Trump hosed up bigly. I need you to run interference." We could be having sources from those calls.

There has to be a better way!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Atoramos posted:

still probably my favorite cspam picture

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Kashuno posted:

like they won't repeal the 22nd amendment

do it!!!

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Oiled and Ready posted:

Trump is allowed to "gently caress up intelligence sharing" at will, and the only reason there are issues is that a private conversation in the Oval was leaked anonymously to a rag by WH Staff or US intel.

Russia is an ally regarding ISIS, and it is common to share things with allies that other allies told you not to share. Flynn did it and didn't even get in a lick of trouble while under Obama, presumably because such "major transgressions" happen all the time.

There are like 5 important cities in Syria and he mentioned which one, big whoop. Was it Damascus, Aleppo, Homs, or Raqqa? Wow, now Russia must know Mohammed Al-Whatever is the informant!

Idk why anyone thinks this is a thing compared to Trump's potential obstruction of justice admission last week. At worst, Trump did something legal and dumb, the details of which were then leaked with little regard for how much worse it may make it "because America deserves to know".

Sounds like something no one who isn't already on the "impeach 45" train already will care about.

If the only reason there issues is that there was a leak, why did Trump's aides immediately contact the directors of the CIA and NSA to "contain the potential fallout" ?

The article I linked suggests that what you're saying about information sharing isn't true across the board, and in this instance Trump made a pretty big mistake.

In terms of "does this politically damage Trump/help the Dems," the potential obstruction of justice thing is worse. But I think the longterm consequences of this, with regard to America's strength, are more of a thing than firing Comey.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

rear end cobra posted:

Whats more realistic: Donald Trump doing a really stupid thing, or Donald Trump not doing a really stupid thing?

Is doing really stupid things on purpose until you're POTUS really stupid at all?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Oiled and Ready posted:

Trump is allowed to "gently caress up intelligence sharing" at will, and the only reason there are issues is that a private conversation in the Oval was leaked anonymously to a rag by WH Staff or US intel.

Russia is an ally regarding ISIS, and it is common to share things with allies that other allies told you not to share. Flynn did it and didn't even get in a lick of trouble while under Obama, presumably because such "major transgressions" happen all the time.

There are like 5 important cities in Syria and he mentioned which one, big whoop. Was it Damascus, Aleppo, Homs, or Raqqa? Wow, now Russia must know Mohammed Al-Whatever is the informant!

Idk why anyone thinks this is a thing compared to Trump's potential obstruction of justice admission last week. At worst, Trump did something legal and dumb, the details of which were then leaked with little regard for how much worse it may make it "because America deserves to know".

Sounds like something no one who isn't already on the "impeach 45" train already will care about.

I agree so much that on the list of "Trump matterings" this is far lower down the list than China bribes, firing Comey and NSA foreign agent.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kevos Setzer posted:

I'm not even completely sure of that. It sounds like people ran from this meeting to call NSA and CIA and said, "Yo, Trump hosed up bigly. I need you to run interference." We could be having sources from those calls.

There has to be a better way!

PENCE!

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

god damnit trump

fake news going global

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Oiled and Ready posted:

Hm yes, my bad, they did give us President McCain and President Romney after all

Certainly ~47% of Americans, in exactly the right spots to win the EC, are all rural inbreds who will show up again to vote for the GOP Congressmen in 2018 regardless of their actions and they can all just jack off until they get re-elected

yeah why are you just restating my post lol? well it's not like their holding a lot of town halls or some poo poo lmao

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
trump only tweets in the morning because thats when the sun is his opponents eyes

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Oiled and Ready posted:

Ill take the word of McMaster over "unnamed current and former officials" but sure, somebody saw an opening to take a jab with no skin in the game and so felt "troubled"

the leak came form the NSA as a result of the calls nsc and wh officials made to do damage control after the fact. And frankly McMaster and company should of known or did know it would leak once it got to the wider IC community.

So far nothing has come from the white house disputing the facts of the story, and everything the WH is doing suggest they know how much Trump hosed up.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atoramos posted:

Holy smoke that's strange.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Kevos Setzer posted:

lol trump was recording the meeting, so there were also the transcripts and whatnot that needed to be edited

like probably a dozen people heard the initial leak and probably more when people went "oh poo poo what did he say i need to make sure so play it for me in particular"

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

jeb! can fix this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Oiled and Ready posted:

The only thing leaking in here is the Suck Zone

• Locked thread