Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

I assume Mantis is going to be an unlockable, and probably Ronan as well.

Mantis, Cosmo, Baby Groot, Adam Warlock and The Collector are all confirmed, as is Nova but he's already available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

twistedmentat posted:

I assume Mantis is going to be an unlockable, and probably Ronan as well.

All I ask for is a way to upgrade Yondu and Nebula without spending 100K+ in regular credits to do so, I'm sick of looking at their quests on my list knowing I'll never ever finish them...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

All I ask for is a way to upgrade Yondu and Nebula without spending 100K+ in regular credits to do so, I'm sick of looking at their quests on my list knowing I'll never ever finish them...

I don't have Yondu, but yea with Nebula its just silly.

Retro Futurist posted:

Mantis, Cosmo, Baby Groot, Adam Warlock and The Collector are all confirmed, as is Nova but he's already available.

Ah nuts, I really wanted Ronan. Collector is pretty good though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Always prioritize premium character ranks in events. They're always huge coin amounts to level instead of tokens off the board.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

twistedmentat posted:

Ah nuts, I really wanted Ronan. Collector is pretty good though.

I think they're eventually gonna have an event where you can win "caged" characters that will revolve around The Raft, we just had an event that let us use the Helicarrier so we need to get around to the other thing sitting there that we can't do anything with.

Plus those drat tokens the cages drop have to pay off eventually, right?

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Since when can bosses critically hit? This Collector rear end in a top hat is some bullshit, I'm never going to get Mantis.

Sneeing Emu fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 16, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's new this event.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

By the way, the mystery character that only people who spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars will get is Beta Ray Bill.

Star-Lord's costume was pretty easy to get, but Gamora's is pretty much impossible.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

It is total bullshit though. I went to fight the priestess on like streak 3 and she went first and KO'd me in one shot on a critical.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Radio! posted:

It is total bullshit though. I went to fight the priestess on like streak 3 and she went first and KO'd me in one shot on a critical.

Apparently on streak 15 even with a max Captain America, Thor Groot, and Collector it still takes 3-4 tries depending on how unlucky you are with crits.

On top of that, the jet packs are not guaranteed to drop even when you 3 star the hard mode. So you're at the mercy of the RNG in getting those. So you need to shard heroes up to max levels, and probably shard to buy more rocket fuel to keep attempting to get the jet packs to drop. And probably shard to retry the boss or buy more of the items you need to fight her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah I'm on like streak 8 now and it's 8 whatevers a try at the boss. It's not just 1:1 but it most cost a ton of them at 15.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Aphrodite posted:

It's new this event.

Technically bosses had crits in the first GotG event too. Then they stopped doing that because it's a horrible mechanic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They could only crit against weaknesses back then, no?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Using characters that are strong to Ayesha's current type is the only way to do it in a reasonable amount of tries.

My problem is getting the red drink thingy. Multiple times I've gotten 8 hour missions to get 2 of them.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Not sure whether to bother with Mantis and I don't really care about the other characters besides Cosmo and Nova.

With Spider-Man Homecoming arriving in July, that's probably the most likely Academy event for that month. Have we heard anything about June and I forgot?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We usually find out from the final cut scene of the previous event. So when this one ends I guess.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

nerdman42 posted:

Not sure whether to bother with Mantis and I don't really care about the other characters besides Cosmo and Nova.

With Spider-Man Homecoming arriving in July, that's probably the most likely Academy event for that month. Have we heard anything about June and I forgot?

Isn't Cosmo free? You'll have to get Mantis (and the Collector) to get Cosmo if so.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

They're about due for a story expansion, so I'd guess they give us a week or so to work on the regular storyline, then throw in a 2 week mini-event where maybe you can recruit some guys who were released before like Coulson and Squirrel Girl, then right into the Spidey event...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They promised Scarlet Witch, I demand Scarlet Witch!

I feel like she'd be part of one of those mini events that last like a week or so.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're also saying that they're looking for the last member of the Champions and he shoots lasers from his eyes. I really hope they can get Cyclops in the game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

They're also saying that they're looking for the last member of the Champions and he shoots lasers from his eyes. I really hope they can get Cyclops in the game.

There was something late last year that said the embargo on Mutants in games has been lifted but don't expect any thing soon, so yea, seeing Scott would be great. They'd probably have an event where all the original 5 are available.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 19, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was just the guy in charge of Marvel Games saying "Marvel Games loves the X-Men!" when Resurrexion was announced. Nothing official was announced.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Oh thanks for the 120k in coins so I can level up Nebula and Yondu! *uses them on everything but Nebula and Yondu*

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GLOSS posted:

Oh thanks for the 120k in coins so I can level up Nebula and Yondu! *uses them on everything but Nebula and Yondu*

I spent them all on Vision.

That's bs, I cannot beat the last 2 battles in world 2, and I have to beat the first world 3 battle to get the lanterns to fight the current Ayesha.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 21, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-Men coming to Future Fight.

I don't like Future Fight but it was one of the previously embargoed games.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

X-Men coming to Future Fight.

I don't like Future Fight but it was one of the previously embargoed games.

I am pretty happy with that. I love Future Fight, so many waifus and action figures to collect, and now even more! Hopefully the first wave will be the most iconic team; Storm and Cyclops, with Scott in his 92 costume, kind of suggests we'll see the 92 team. There's no way they're not going to put at least Rogue and Wolverine in there, as they are by far the most popular X-men. That probably means Deadpool at some point.

Also holy poo poo DC Legends get your poo poo together, you absolutely cannot do a battle without going out of sync, and its been that way all week.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 26, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

where'd you hear about the x-men in future fight?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They posted it themselves on Facebook.

twistedmentat posted:

Also holy poo poo DC Legends get your poo poo together, you absolutely cannot do a battle without going out of sync, and its been that way all week.

It hasn't done that for me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Beta Ray Bill is in my Top 5 so this is a very frustrating event. At least they've given us a chance to buy the outfits needed directly, for only about $140 REAL LIFE loving DOLLARS!!!!1!

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Hey I finally got Groot from those stupid crates, so I guess something good came from this event. I was down to only 3 possible rewards left.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://news.marvel.com/games/66107/maestro-brings-multiverse-mayhem-marvel-avengers-academy/

Next up we have The Maestro attacking.

Multiverse is the gimmick this time. New outfits for Spider-Woman, Wasp, Mockingbird, Black Widow, Taskmaster, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, and Captain America.

Characters are Captain America 2099, Longbow (Medieval Hawkeye), Young WW2 Bucky, Ghost Rider 2099, Thor Noir, and Age of Apocalypse Daredevil.

After this is Homecoming's tie-in. And that sure looks like an X-Men hint again.

quote:

Marvel.com: Players are no doubt excited to add these new heroes and uniforms to their roster, but can you tease what’s next on the horizon for “Avengers Academy” fans?

Allen Warner: Homecoming arrives at “Avengers Academy,” along with some amazing Spider-People, and big surprises. In the following days and weeks, we’ll continue to add more iconic heroes that no one thought would ever be coming to “Avengers Academy.”

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

poo poo I was hoping to hold off for a month but that's a really rad event

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

I'm playing this event F2P because I really don't care much about the characters and I was curious what it was like trying to play this game without throwing money at it, and hoo boy this is nigh unplayable. I'm still stuck in Week 1 stuff and I just unlocked Cap 2099, I can't imagine this game has many people who just play it this way...

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

GLOSS posted:

I'm playing this event F2P because I really don't care much about the characters and I was curious what it was like trying to play this game without throwing money at it, and hoo boy this is nigh unplayable. I'm still stuck in Week 1 stuff and I just unlocked Cap 2099, I can't imagine this game has many people who just play it this way...

It's really about expectations. Us scrubs are used to taking this long to unlock things. Welcome to the unwashed masses.

Also I wouldn't say the game is unplayale, although you do have to jump through a lot of hoops to get your stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, needing to do stage 1 portals, to get the stuff to do stage 2, to do round 2 of the battles to get the stuff to fight Daredevil, is just silly. It's like they saw that the Guardians event was too easy, and just ramped up the hoops you needed to go.

If I could just straight up buy 1872 Cap, I'd do it, but i'm not going to shell out a ton to buy a chest that might drop it at the very end.

Phase 1 was so easy with Bucky. I'm also having a problem where the game won't save that I sent people through the portal.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I bought Bucky because I love him but otherwise I'm honestly not sure why I'm bothering because I don't give a poo poo about any of the other characters. Of all the alterna-options they chose some boring ones.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm surprised no 1602 characters, those are pretty rad.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I love my overpriced dinosaur baby.

(of course it was very last thing in the crate)

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

They knew the people's priorities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I'll be happy if I can get Thor noir and MAYBE the character after that. Although I'm also tempted by Assassin Taskmaster... are those extra costumes hard to get?

• Locked thread