Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Scruff I don't 100% remember if we've seen her in game but why not do a blessed run next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Grapplejack posted:

Scruff I don't 100% remember if we've seen her in game but why not do a blessed run next?

I don't think I've unlocked her yet :v:

It's in the plans though!

glagglag
Mar 28, 2010

Zore posted:

Does the game normally stop you from taking the original 'wrong' option in the Past or was that unique to the Robot?

The game will always stop you from taking the 'wrong' option, with the character saying something like "I didn't do all that poo poo to NOT change the past".

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The Shell is an amazing weapon and you had stout bullets to which would have made it even better. I cleared floors 3-5 with nothing but a shell, stout bullets, and fat bullets. When you have that, the Shell fires shotguns that fill entire rooms. You can not say bad things about that.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
The Glacier has also carried me through my longest runs at this game (I think the one time I got down to the Forge was when the game gave me the Glacier early on).

I'll give you the Nailgun though; that was some hot bullshit.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

dscruffy1 posted:

I don't think I've unlocked her yet :v:

It's in the plans though!

How loving long does it take to unlock all this poo poo!?

Also I loved how winning this run was mostly using a super soaker and an ice dispenser.

Does everyone get to use the Robots Left Arm?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Yapping Eevee posted:

Mega Douser for MVP. That is... ridiculous.

You mean MVG, right? But yeah, that was one hella run. Without the Stinger, I have no idea how he would have pulled that off. Take a break from the Bot, Scruffy. You deserve something easy for a while.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

marshmallow creep posted:

Well a lot of the unlocks are from randomly finding people in the gungeon. Keep in mind that the average new player would die like 50 times in a row on a new floor. That's 50 opportunities to see A New Friend. Scruffy's more or less clearing the whole place each run so he's not spending as much time on each floor as someone starting fresh would.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
The megadouser is incredible in the hands of anyone with a reliable source of electricity, as demonstrated here. Also, well done on recovering a really awful run. I dunno why you were initially disappointed about the glacier though, I've always found it pretty good. Explosions and freezing makes it a very defensively helpful weapon. Plus, it generates water to electrify. The barrel is also useful for the same reason cause each fish produces a water puddles, which it can also then stun enemies so they stand in the puddle, which your fish electrified.

A billion heart drops is basically The Robot Experience (TM). I swear they up the drop rate on them for the robot.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I really appreciate the dead silence after you spotted the Nailgun sitting there. Is it pretty much the crappiest weapon that isn't useful for some utility purpose?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
"oh god all my weapons are garbage and i keep getting hit, not feeling good about this" *proceeds to change the past*

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Geomancing posted:

I really appreciate the dead silence after you spotted the Nailgun sitting there. Is it pretty much the crappiest weapon that isn't useful for some utility purpose?

Peashooter?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 14, 2017

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
You really don't get to bitch bout your wepons as much as you did after getting a douser on a robot on the first floor, scruffy, I don't think you've even SEEN half the enemies you've killed until you're reached the last floor.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, even though it involved a lot of flailing about, you've still got those gungeoneer instincts and they saw you through. Looking forward to further videos!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo don't hold your breath but it looks almost like a regular update schedule. Kinda.

Totally Rad Run/Polsy

Who's next to ENTER THE GUNGEON?

I have no idea, I don't think I've seen it outside of the past. I'll figure it out sooner or later, I'm sure!

I think the reason I kept dunking on the Glacier is I'm used to it freezing water? I'm pretty sure that was a thing. Maybe it got patched or I'm mis-remembering.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Always gathered the pun of the "lower case r" is "lower receiver" seeing as legally, that's the only part of your gun that's a gun :v:

Also nier automatas shmup sections has given me a renewed love of weapons that clear bullets. So I like Bullet even more now.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 16, 2017

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

drat you Scruffy. I finally caved and bought this, a game that I know I'm gonna suck at, that's a fusion of 2 genres I really don't enjoy :argh:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Samovar posted:

What's the maximum number of gluon stones one can have?

From last page, but there's no max as far as I can tell. There's a Gungeon mod you can download which lets you use console commands for any item you want, and you can give yourself enough guon stones that they form a complete circle around you and no bullets can get through.

Giving yourself 100 wolves and a Battle Standard is also good.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Rad Gun, as expected, fires bullets wearing sunglasses. noice

It also equals the Hexagun after 3 reloads, and beats it after 4.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I like how your brown chest run ended up with a hugely superior loadout to your last normal run.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
The time slowing effect of the table tech also lets you get those timings way easier with the rad gun/cog of war, so it's a shame you never used that.

wiegieman posted:

The Rad Gun, as expected, fires bullets wearing sunglasses. noice

It also equals the Hexagun after 3 reloads, and beats it after 4.
Yeah, there's a handy table on the wiki but some folks don't like always going there after getting every item. :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's a shame this game doesn't have customizable challenge modes. I'd like to see how you do with, like, near-maximum curse and the Rad Gun from floor 1.

Also I like how the Bullet fires down the past corridor along with the big ol' bullet.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 16, 2017

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Samovar posted:

Peashooter?

Pea Shooter has the broccoli synergy that makes it at least a passable gun, the nail gun is essentially never better than the starting pistol.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Scruffy, I propose you download Cheat Engine and do an Infinite Money Run, just for funsies (and perhaps a palate cleanser).

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The Siren is another one of those guns that can carry me for a good long while.

Argh, I wish I had the reflexes for Gungeon. I love the game, but I'm absolutely terrible at it. I've died 60 times and haven't completed a single run.

Edit: I love the lowercase r conceptually, but it is hot garbage as you say. A gun that hilarious, they could at least make it useful.

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 16, 2017

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Also I loved how winning this run was mostly using a super soaker and an ice dispenser.

IIRC yes, it gets unlocked as regular drop, same with other characters' specials after you kill their past.

e:
About to watch the video, but I hated Rad Gun until I figured out I can reload it ~4 times when I have the time in an empty room, and then use it to one shot pretty much everything in the next room, at low, low cost of 3-4 wasted rounds out of 250. :getin:

Xarn fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 16, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
A run I'd suggest doing that I'm sure someone has made a mod for, a run where every single chest is a mimic :v:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nalesh posted:

A run I'd suggest doing that I'm sure someone has made a mod for, a run where every single chest is a mimic :v:

There's an item which does that.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Sadly not unlocked yet (its unlock from one of the hunting quests).

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's also arguably not much of a a challenge since most mimics aren't that hard to kill and it means that you basically don't need keys except for the Oubliette and the occasional locked door.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
I think the fossilized gun would've been a good pickup for the brown chest run. It's an excellent room clearer and the ammo lasts forever if you quickly move it back and forth instead of just shooting straight.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'd like to see Scruffy open brown chests more often in future runs. They don't have to be part of a challenge, but I think it'd be cool to see more terrible guns, and "terrible" guns too.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
The Rad gun is super good and also really funny. It makes it one of the best guns in the game by far.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Obligatum VII posted:

The Rad gun is super good and also really funny. It makes it one of the best guns in the game by far.

I just noticed the skateboard does a kickflip when you reload it, too. (Posted this before I heard Scruffy point it out in the video, obviously...)

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 17, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

IMO Brown chests are pretty good because you usually get a bonus for opening them (like, it'll throw you some casings or a heart or whatever) The worst chest in the game is the blue chest, which has nothing but terrible weapons. At least the passives in the blue chest are good.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Okay, this is a very narrow request. But, if you ever do a very specific "X Only" Challenege again and happen to come across a red or black chest again but cannot use it's contents, I request you burn a key and open it anyway. Just so we can all see what's inside, because over the course of the L.P. you've still only found What? Like, 5 black chests total?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

On that note, there's two other types of chest we haven't seen yet which definitely ought to be opened if that's the first time they show up in the LP (because that may be the last time we see them given their spawn chances).

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Okay, this is a very narrow request. But, if you ever do a very specific "X Only" Challenege again and happen to come across a red or black chest again but cannot use it's contents, I request you burn a key and open it anyway. Just so we can all see what's inside, because over the course of the L.P. you've still only found What? Like, 5 black chests total?

I completely agree. Very satisfactory for us, even more painful for you.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

IMO Brown chests are pretty good because you usually get a bonus for opening them (like, it'll throw you some casings or a heart or whatever) The worst chest in the game is the blue chest, which has nothing but terrible weapons. At least the passives in the blue chest are good.

Hold on, the Scrambler is a blue chest weapon, and is one of the best guns in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Other good blue chest weapons: Glacier (this saw Scruffy through a boss or two the run before last), Barrel, Mahoguny, Poxcannon, Banana, Siren, Sniper Rifle... there's more good/decent blue chest weapons than bad ones and even the subpar options are still better than the average brown chest drop (i.e. the Sticky Crossbow is still usable by comparison to the Unfinished Gun, Lower case r, or Klobbe).

• Locked thread