Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got my power bank, usb C to A cable, and switch case today. I am ready to take long airplane flights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Lakbay posted:

I got my power bank, usb C to A cable, and switch case today. I am ready to take long airplane flights

If shipping for mine hadn't been stupidly expensive I would have taken the Switch with me on my work trip next next. But I always travel with my PS4, so I'll save the Switch for next trip!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Where's Biff

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

nont3endo will announce vc at this :pray:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Morby posted:

But I always travel with my PS4

:stare: I'm guessing you have super long work trips that justify carrying around something that bulky?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Surprise Directs, best Directs

It wasn't completely surprising. People noticed that there were placeholder video entries on Nintendo's Youtube page last week, and speculating that it was going to be a Direct soon. I'm not too psyched on either game, so I'm hoping for a surprise announcement.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I heard on the grapevine that VC is coming September. It will consist of 80 titles, split evenly between the NES, SNES, GBA and Megadrive. My uncle told me. He works at the Department of Corrections.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

nont3endo will announce vc at this :pray:

Play 8 bit ARMS on NES VC

Fremry posted:

It wasn't completely surprising. People noticed that there were placeholder video entries on Nintendo's Youtube page last week, and speculating that it was going to be a Direct soon. I'm not too psyched on either game, so I'm hoping for a surprise announcement.

yeah don't expect a surprise announcement this close to e3 dummy.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Kashuno posted:

yeah don't expect a surprise announcement this close to e3 dummy.

I'm not. Just hoping.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
I hope for Pokémon on my switch.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Lakbay posted:

:stare: I'm guessing you have super long work trips that justify carrying around something that bulky?

Yeah, usually a week at least. But the PS4 slips pretty seamlessly into the PGE I have and is really only an issue if I'm not TSA Precheck.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Has Disgaea changed meaningfully since the first one (which is the only one that I played any significant amount of time on, ages ago) or is it still pretty much the same game? I'm considering it as a replacement "big chunky game to play while watching TV or something" now that I'm slowly running out of things to do in Zelda.

I feel like a game that encourages such ridiculous grinding might work better on a portable but I'm so out of the loop on Disgaea I don't know whether that's worth trying.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Celery Jello posted:

Has Disgaea changed meaningfully since the first one (which is the only one that I played any significant amount of time on, ages ago) or is it still pretty much the same game? I'm considering it as a replacement "big chunky game to play while watching TV or something" now that I'm slowly running out of things to do in Zelda.

I feel like a game that encourages such ridiculous grinding might work better on a portable but I'm so out of the loop on Disgaea I don't know whether that's worth trying.

1 had some really unqiue grinding elements. There's some nice quality of life stuff, the games went on some tangents, with 2 being the most unique with. There are a ton of new systems but it still boils down to crazy story that is unrelated to the other games and diving into the item world.

If you enjoyed the first game this it's worth playing for the changes char world is nice, diving into items is nicer than ever with unlimited floors and getting levels by full clearing. There are more things to grind, but the grinds are not as long. Land of Carnage and Pirates are a ton of fun too. It will feel more like a WoW expansion than a new game, a bunch of failure stuff with a new story but in the end the core is the same with new mechanics some of which were added in previous expansions but not as important anymore or kind of pointless but still in the game. It's a game that you sit down and play and go what do I want to accomplish today and spend 8 hours working on that and the next day you do something completely different.

It's a ton of fun to watch Netflix and dive into the item world. The Story unlocks more features so you will have to go through it at some point. My characters are 300ish right now and I'm working may way through the story and reading it because it's mildly entertaining and I like knowing the back story for the characters I'm going to use for a few hundred hours. Story feels closest to Disgaea / Disagaea D2 than the other 2 3 or 4.You could just grind up levels and spam skip scene on the maps to get all the feature though if that's your thing. Actually kind of shocked assumed I could wipe the floor and a level 60 boss killed my level 320 Girl Laharl. Because D2 sex swapped Laharl is such a badass with her punches.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Celery Jello posted:

There's some QoL changes and some new mechanics but the basic thrust (grind and do weird feedback loops with edge mechanics to get tons of exp in one go and make the most broken characters possible) is the same

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Disgaea that game Ulillillia plays to make the numbers go up forever?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Does anyone know if they are more than a palette swap? Cause the same literally already has a palette swap mode. And Ryu and Ken are already palette swaps of one another.

I mean, they started being different after the original version in increasing ways. By SSF2 they were as different as fox/falco. That's actually a pretty good comparison because one of the main differences was knockback on hurricane kicks (one hit vs many) much like fox/falco with blasters.

But to double up on clone characters and act like its super new content is aggressively meh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is Disgaea that game Ulillillia plays to make the numbers go up forever?
yes

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Thanks for the tips on Disgaea, I might go and pick it up - we'll see how poor I'm feeling when it launches this Friday.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I hope they add two new characters, Evil Ribbon Girl and Violent Spring Man

According to rumors the unannounced characters are a flower girl with vine arms, and electronics man with wire arms, and a toilet man with toilet paper arms

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
The new Sonic game will allow you to create and play as your own ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUT STEEL. what hath god wrought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5x1yL2kGT0

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Barry Convex posted:

The new Sonic game will allow you to create and play as your own ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUT STEEL. what hath god wrought

:negative: god is dead

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

heh, nothin personell... kid

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
"What I really want is a grimdark post-apocalyptic Sonic game." - Said no one ever

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Barry Convex posted:

Ahahahaha the OC thing alone is going to sell this thing so many copies.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Imagined posted:

"What I really want is a grimdark post-apocalyptic Sonic game." - Said anyone who watched Sonic SatAM

ftfy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's a cool feature.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Sonic SatAM

I'm sorry, I'm a normal person. I don't know what that is.

Lord Grundle
Sep 5, 2011

NewFatMike posted:

The Anker 20100 battery works great, even the older USB A version. That one is $35, but the USB PD version that will charge you faster/give you more charge faster during a game is like $65. I'm super happy with the USB A version, and I gain some battery while playing Zelda.

That's the one I ordered last night. I'm now prepared for in air Mario Karting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Imagined posted:

I'm sorry, I'm a normal person. I don't know what that is.

A post apocalyptic Sonic cartoon that was surprisingly okay

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barry Convex posted:

Is that Sonic's son? Why does Sonic have a child?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm pretty sure all Sonic games are post apocalyptic, taking place in a world Eggman already controls.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sonic fan fiction.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Celery Jello posted:

Thanks for the tips on Disgaea, I might go and pick it up - we'll see how poor I'm feeling when it launches this Friday.

If you really want to play now the exact same copy with full English text and audio can be picked up in the jp eshop you can use a US CC to buy the digital code from amazon.co.jp for ¥7,538. I don't think this is going to be the norm, the English stuff already existed because it was already translated to English for the PS4. Since Zelda did get other languages added I wouldn't be shocked if more games just patched in other languages on all eShops as they were available since it would be easier to have 1 version of the game and not 1 per eShop. You can of course play with any language audio mixed and matched with any other language text that is valid in both versions as you please in this case. Not sure it's worth the exchange fees to get the game a few days early, was worth it for the several weeks to me though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it isn't sonic's son and it doesn't really seem grimdark

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's new sonic, OC, and classic sonic. And going the create-your-own-sonic is such a genius loving movie given the crazy fandom I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can't wait for the grimdark Sonic monster factory.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

Yes but can I chose my race like Dragonball Xenoverse and if I chose the correct one do I get to Gold Hair when I get all the chaos emeralds? Super Sonic is such a Goku rip off. Sonic is a secret Goku.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's seven races. Cat, Dog, Bear, Bird, Wolf, Rabbit, and Hedgehog. Each has a different ability.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There's seven races. Cat, Dog, Bear, Bird, Wolf, Rabbit, and Hedgehog. Each has a different ability.

Which one gives me stretchy arms that play a huge role in my custom character but the character that it comes from only really made use of it in non movies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Finally Cold Steel the Hedgehog can come to life and actually teleport behind u

• Locked thread