Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
More guns, more maps, a bit more stability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Deviant posted:

Re helmetchat: I pass up the motorcycle helmet because it's shiny and super easy to see when you're prone in the grass.

The real reason you should pass it up is because it doesn't protect your face and gives less capacity than leaving your afro uncovered.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
FAKE NEWS

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Futuresight posted:

The real reason you should pass it up is because it doesn't protect your face and gives less capacity than leaving your afro uncovered.

STOP SAYING THIS

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
its pretty wild how continually wrong people are about this game

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Don't worry guys I was able to educate my squad on carry capacity thanks to this thread.

you're doing good work

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Deviant posted:

STOP SAYING THIS

Come on now...

Futuresight posted:

I thought it was funny.

To talk about something else. Has anyone found the trick and likes the SKS? Is it just inherently inaccurate or do you have to shoot slowly or something other than aiming low which seems to help a bit... sometimes. I'm always a bit conflicted when I see one and I'm using an AKM/m16 as my long range. Picked one up recently and got a few good kills with it but I just don't know if it's worth it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The SKS is the absolute worst gun in the game and the only way to make it work half as well as an AR is to manage to find a compensator for it, which in my experience is rarer than hen's teeth

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Ahdinko posted:

Surely you want some MC hammer pants? The amount of 5.56 you could hold in those would be unreal

How about some JNCOs. You could carry an additional rifle with those.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like the SKS, but I probably prefer the m16 for medium/long rage sniping. For me the one I can't seem to hit poo poo with is the kar, miss all sorts of shots that I feel like are for sure hits.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Having tracers in some ammo types would be cool I think. Watching two squads Duke it out would be cooler and you wouldn't have to rely on dirt puffs to adjust aim.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The SKS is not a great long-range sniper rifle, it has only slightly more damage than the AKM with a much higher recoil and less ammo capacity. That being said, it's decent at close range, and its iron sights aren't bad.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My first solo win had an iron sights sks kill in top 10. That was uh, suboptimal.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

My best game yet: Playing 2man squads, landed on the roof of the school at the just behind another squad.

For some inexpicible reason the guy who got there first didn't bother to pick up the uzi lying on the ground. So I picked it up and killed him and his partner. Besides us there were still another two squads wandering around the school. One of them knocked out the other, and then singlehandedly I used the Uzi I had to clean up.

We worked out way to another group of buildings where we were ambushed and my partner was downed. After a camping standoff of about 3 to 4 minutes I got bored and decided to look around. Ended up murdering those dudes too.

I was doing really well until I got too aggressive. I spotted a guy hiding next to a tree just inside the circle and I was going to sneak up on him, but a 3rd guy trying to make a break for the circle messed things up. I got the tree hugger, but the 3rd guy got me. Should have just waited until one of those two killed the other.

I love this game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The SKS is not a great long-range sniper rifle, it has only slightly more damage than the AKM with a much higher recoil and less ammo capacity. That being said, it's decent at close range, and its iron sights aren't bad.

https://streamable.com/nzwc5
https://streamable.com/5u6pn

The SKS sort of varies wildly, and I can definitely see what people on the PUBG forums are saying about the accuracy changing with every new mag.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Had an insane game the other day where I punched ten laggers and one actual player to death before ever picking up a gun and then saved the rest of my squad by slamming a UAZ into the three guys shooting at them. Game is good.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Come on now...

I thought it was funny.

To talk about something else. Has anyone found the trick and likes the SKS? Is it just inherently inaccurate or do you have to shoot slowly or something other than aiming low which seems to help a bit... sometimes. I'm always a bit conflicted when I see one and I'm using an AKM/m16 as my long range. Picked one up recently and got a few good kills with it but I just don't know if it's worth it.

Shoot slower; the actual recoil is slower to center than the visual it gives.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?

Ice Fist posted:

For some inexpicible reason the guy who got there first didn't bother to pick up the uzi lying on the ground. So I picked it up and killed him and his partner. Besides us there were still another two squads wandering around the school. One of them knocked out the other, and then singlehandedly I used the Uzi I had to clean up.

I have noticed this happens all the time when racing people to a contested area like school, power plant or primorsk warehouses. If you are the first person on the ground and trying to get through a building there is usually no drat loot and then you have to keep running to have a hope of finding anything. Meanwhile the dude who lands seconds behind you gets a treasure trove of untouched stuff.. because it literally spawned in behind you.

Also last time I played I got one shot headshot by some guy with a double barrel shotgun while I was doing a long jump parachuting into an unnamed town on the east coast north of lipovka about 150 meters in the air with my buddy who was right beside me and didn't even hear the shot. When he landed there was no one in the town.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

.Z. posted:

To build on this, the exact effects are:

1. Healing over time: This effect occurs for the entirety of boost duration. This is the only way to heal back to max health if you don't have a Medkit. First aid and bandages can only take you up to like 80% of your health.

2. Increased run speed: This effect occurs when you have consumed enough boosts to reach the second bar of boost meter. Effect is active while boost meter is still in the second section of the boost bar.

3. Reduced weapon spread: The final possible effect. Occurs when you've got the boost bar almost completely filled up. Also last a very short period of time, as indicated by the size of the 3rd section of the boost bar.

does the final tier give you more move speed? it sure feels like it but as it requires 90-100 boost ive never measured it

bandages/first aid to 75 + a single energy drink will get you to 98-100 guaranteed, dont waste painkillers on that

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
last night i came out of a building and killed a dude with an sks at pistol range after he wasted both of his shotgun shots by blinding hipfiring, sks best gun

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Verviticus posted:

does the final tier give you more move speed? it sure feels like it but as it requires 90-100 boost ive never measured it

bandages/first aid to 75 + a single energy drink will get you to 98-100 guaranteed, dont waste painkillers on that

ya there's a little running man icon when you're about ~50-60% boost

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Is there any obvious fix (other than getting a new graphics card + processor) to fix the issue where buildings don't load for a while after dropping in? I usually have to stay still for 30 secs to a minute before anything happens. I'm running a 660 GTX and my view distance is on medium, if that helps.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Is there any obvious fix (other than getting a new graphics card + processor) to fix the issue where buildings don't load for a while after dropping in? I usually have to stay still for 30 secs to a minute before anything happens. I'm running a 660 GTX and my view distance is on medium, if that helps.

that's a five year old card that was midrange when it was released, homie. the fix is to buy a new one

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Efexeye posted:

that's a five year old card that was midrange when it was released, homie. the fix is to buy a new one

But I'm poor :(

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

EvilHawk posted:

Don't know what else to tell you, I bit the bullet and got a gtx 1070 when I couldn't play Space Hulk: Deathwing and Wildlands. It's worth it

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

ya there's a little running man icon when you're about ~50-60% boost

sorry, more on top of the 60% tier

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

EvilHawk posted:

I think that's more of a bug because I've got a 980ti and that's happened to me. Either way, the best thing you can do if you don't want to get a new piece of hardware is just wait for updates. Most of the tips and tricks for squeezing extra frames and/or stability out there are snake oil at worst or not worth doing at best. No set of launch commands or .ini modifications will do the work of optimization that developers have to do.

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 16, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

EvilHawk posted:

I'm on a 660 / i5 as well and the game is running smoothly for me. I have all settings on the lowest it will go except for draw distance which I have maxed out. Are you running the game on an SSD?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

You could try adding -sm4 to the launch options to force a lower shader version. That's what this tweak guide says anyway. I'm sure someone will chime in that it's fake news that I'd know about if only I read every single page of this thread.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

My friend is getting that issue and has some luck with opening the inventory screen just as his chute deploys (sounds weird I know). Doesn't always work but sometimes it does. He is running a 970 same as me btw so I don't think it's a GPU thing in and of it self.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 16, 2017

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

EvilHawk posted:

Sorry to say, but probably an SSD would help a lot with loading in the map. But they are pretty cheap these days...

Please tell me that there was no way out of this, and that it's not just that my jumping skills are trash. :(
https://streamable.com/b8gdh

I had decent loot as well.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
This game has been really fun so far despite the early accessness. Got a question for you guys: I've won 6 or 7 at this point and it seems like the end circles close a little too fast. Is it just me or do others feel the same way? They close so fast theres a good deal of luck involved and that takes away from the decision making I was hoping for in those last 4 minutes or so. Lots of waiting to see where the next circle is, going oh crap, and running it in best you can. Right?

And playing with goons has been great people arent the best skillwise but everyones been friendly and helpful and i encourage others to join the discord.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i always just mark the center of the current circle with a map marker and make sure that I'm heading toward it if i'm moving, and i've never even been in the blue

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Yeah last night we were down to 3 vs 4 and the last circle forced us into the open while their whole squad was sitting pretty behind a berm. A little more time would be nice to take some of the luck out of it and give people a chance to maneuever more intelligently.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Efexeye posted:

i always just mark the center of the current circle with a map marker and make sure that I'm heading toward it if i'm moving, and i've never even been in the blue

Thats a sure way for people like me who like their backs to the dead zone to kill you. But i guess you're right its a pro con thing then.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Why does my guy just randomly cry out in pain every minute or so?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Gort posted:

Existential dread

Alternatively, there's apparently a bug related to taking damage in a vehicle. Not sure if it got patched yet.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Gort posted:

To make you crap your pants

Seriously this bug makes me jump more than anything else in the game. I think it's because it happens when you least expect it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Not sure if anyone else gets this but every once in a while (once every 1-2 games) my fps absolutely tanks, down to 1-2 fps, for about 5 seconds then goes back to normal. It hasn't really boned me yet but I know there'll come a day when that happens in the final 2 or something. Anyone know why that's happening or how to fix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

Not sure if anyone else gets this but every once in a while (once every 1-2 games) my fps absolutely tanks, down to 1-2 fps, for about 5 seconds then goes back to normal. It hasn't really boned me yet but I know there'll come a day when that happens in the final 2 or something. Anyone know why that's happening or how to fix?

You probably have a background process hogging up your CPU cycles, antiviruses tend to do this a lot.

• Locked thread