Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the chapo joke about trump converting to islam is going to end up being real isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

CNN is only running these specials in a cynical attempt to capture millenial audiences because that's basically impossible otherwise but if it gets Single Payer into national discourse I'm gonna keep being completely ok with it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

the president of the united states asking if coke is malala or if he'll have to switch to diet coke

Obama named his daughter after an African disease :sad:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

uh oh my boss is coming over for dinner and my servants haven't even finished cleaning the 2nd guest house!!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

ahaha my president is a pee drinker with his pussy being grabbed by an oligarch

:911:

I'm at peace with Trump being our president. He's going to kill a lot of people in the military and a lot of red staters, and he's going to cut my taxes. As a big city libtard that's win - win for me!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

losers debating losers who cares

:downs:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Mirthless posted:

Maybe it was Fresh Prince of Bel Aire that started it but jesus I'd never really thought too hard about how many sitcoms are set in california mansions until just now

See also: 5 million dollar new york apartments

at least fresh prince acknowledged that uncle phil was rich and spent a lot of time looking at how a poor black man tries to pass in a rich world. most sitcoms are like "we are just a solid middle-class family with a $1.5 million dollar home."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fullhouse posted:

CNN is only running these specials in a cynical attempt to capture millenial audiences because that's basically impossible otherwise but if it gets Single Payer into national discourse I'm gonna keep being completely ok with it

tbf one thing millenials actually love is cynicism

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:agreed:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Fidel Castronaut posted:

realtalk, roseanne was a really valuable show when i was a kid, to see a working-class family on tv was uncommon. even less common now. like, used to be you had sanford and sons, cheers, taxi, and a bunch of other working-class families represented on tv but now it is all rich suburban families where they live in 5000 square feet houses.

Roseanne was great, they lived a realistic existence for the time. Now, the equivalent shows are a delivery driver living in a 3 story suburban single house with a stay at home wife and 3 kids.

There should be a show with both parents working two jobs while living in a two bedroom apartment, and putting off having kids until, oops, it's too late, you're in your 40s. Then the would be grandparents can come in and tell their lazy kids how they paid their way through college with a dishwashing job, and raised a family working at the steel factory.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Gorman Thomas posted:

Folks, just last week my son, my beautiful boy, Barron heard I was coming here to Riyadh so he drew me a wonderful picture that I'd like to share with you fine people.

*holds up a poorly drawn picture of anime strongman Trump shaking hands with a rude caricature of Mohammad with huge tits*

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Yinlock posted:

on the other hand it's moderated by CNN so get ready for some hard hitting email questions whenever kasich might be in trouble

in the mattering timeline president sanders tells the moderator to shut the gently caress up about moonmen emails

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh Kasich is term limited? It should be interesting then, though I'm not sure what they're debating now

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

These farfarfels you have over here are just great! We should bring some of you over to the states so we everyone else can enjoy these. Tremendous!

*throws fistful of what is hopefully tzaziki into the crowd*

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

id like to see trump meet a literal strongman lifting dumbells and... lions? over his head

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i don't give a gently caress what you think is quirky and fun modern family made trumper actors very rich

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Citizen Tayne posted:

This is good btw, because the military's ranks are populated by rurals and southerners and I lust for their deaths.

Is "rurals" some weird new term for American Indians? Also black Americans are disproportionately present in the military compared to the general population.

And like 44% of the active duty military is 25 or younger. So like, the least likely people to vote especially given the pain in the rear end of absentee voting. Turns out the older people in the military, a mostly male organization, tended to vote R. Weird, wild stuff.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i cant tell if this would be better or worse

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Venom Snake posted:

the chapo joke about trump converting to islam is going to end up being real isn't it

Shah Donallah Al' Trumpudullah

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

D1E posted:

Remember the Cosby show and when every kid in America wanted him to be their dad?

LOL

some of us just wanted to be jamming on the one

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

what if muslims actually end up pretty into mohammed with huge jugs

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Mirthless posted:

Maybe it was Fresh Prince of Bel Aire that started it but jesus I'd never really thought too hard about how many sitcoms are set in california mansions until just now

See also: 5 million dollar new york apartments

not like the working mans show Last Man Standing, which stars a rich rear end in a top hat living in a mansion in the Denver suburbs (but he doesn't like Obama or PC culture!!!)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

realtalk, roseanne was a really valuable show when i was a kid, to see a working-class family on tv was uncommon. even less common now. like, used to be you had sanford and sons, cheers, taxi, and a bunch of other working-class families represented on tv but now it is all rich suburban families where they live in 5000 square feet houses.

the advertisers probably don't want shows aimed at low-income people

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fullhouse posted:

anything that gives the actually left side of the democrats primetime media hours is good considering that the media ignores them most of the time.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Is "rurals" some weird new term for American Indians? Also black Americans are disproportionately present in the military compared to the general population.

And like 44% of the active duty military is 25 or younger. So like, the least likely people to vote especially given the pain in the rear end of absentee voting. Turns out the older people in the military, a mostly male organization, tended to vote R. Weird, wild stuff.

:ssh: the circlejerk

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

pretty sure the average non-american is looking forward to any number of our deaths. We elected Trump. military vote or no military vote.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Epic High Five posted:

Oh Kasich is term limited? It should be interesting then, though I'm not sure what they're debating now

Whether its possible to gorge on vermont maple syrup and ben and jerry's simultaneously and live to see another day

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm at peace with Trump being our president. He's going to kill a lot of people in the military and a lot of red staters, and he's going to cut my taxes. As a big city libtard that's win - win for me!

I'm in the middle class range now and did the math and my taxes are going up lmao

My go-to for Conservatives when I'm arguing with them is that I work in the public sector which he is waging war against and his plan would increase my tax burden while stripping funds for the services I use the most, so exactly why should I support him? This approach works well because the Conservative mind is hard-wired to FYGM.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

also this thread is getting very d&d

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

tenderjerk posted:

some of us just wanted to be jamming on the one

Holy poo poo is THAT what Theo sampled on his little Casio keyboard?

I have wondered all these years and assumed I was racist because I didn't know what he was saying.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
cant wait for ben garrison to draw mohammed after trump's saudi speech

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
We need a new host of The Apprentice. Arnold was so bad. You know who would have been great, folks? Mohammad. He was so telegenic, just look at this guy!

*holds up picture*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Obama's daughter, Malalalala was seen smoking pot! Bad! Jeffy S will shut down pot BIG TIME!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

Obama named his daughter after an African disease :sad:

trump is married a woman named after a cancer :sad:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nonsense posted:

we haven't been separating posters by race though?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Epic High Five posted:

yeah, his second term ends in 2019 i think? just in time to get started on a primary challenge!

i'm not that cynical about these debates. sanders genuinely likes talking to people he disagrees with, finding some common ground, and then tracing his steps back and getting his interlocutor to budge a bit on their position. it's actually pretty amazing in our times. (i don't fault anybody who is like "gently caress talking to conservatives." but it's cool that he does it.)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nonsense posted:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Nonsense posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6gPUODqvKs

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Venom Snake posted:

We need strong religious laws in America folks. Over in Saudi Arabia they have religious law and it's work out great for them! We need Sharia folks. I know it isn't popular for a republican to say it but we gotta get some Sharia over here.

Folks, I always ALWAYS said I was the law and order candidate. I just left out the Sharia, so simple. Bing bong bing bong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Joementum posted:

We need a new host of The Apprentice. Arnold was so bad. You know who would have been great, folks? Mohammad. He was so telegenic, just look at this guy!

*holds up picture*

of mohammed ali

• Locked thread