Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mind over Matter posted:

D.va not yet live.

:saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns: :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Welp.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

D.Va is up. Holy poo poo rerolling Veteran crates is expensive.

To play D.Va, Alarak, or Tyrande...

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 16, 2017

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Wait they released Alarak as is?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
First complaint with d.Va: her portrait in the Hero Select screen makes her look derpy.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

1stGear posted:

First complaint with d.Va: her portrait in the Hero Select screen makes her look derpy.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's slightly dumb that D.Va's Defense Matrix reductions don't get counted on the score board.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Yeah she's angry, but she still has the right number of chromosomes

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

bamhand posted:

They nerfed the Negatively Charged talent fairly substantially from where it was in PTR but otherwise yes.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Patch notes: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20783378

Changes from PTR:

quote:

Alarak:
lvl 1 "Sustaining Power" buffed (meh, still not the pick imo)
lvl 1 "Extended Lightning" slow reduced from 50% to 40%, still 2 seconds
lvl 4 "Negatively Charged" center portion now 150% instead of 200% bonus damage, stacking damage is now 3% instead of 5%

Tyrande:
lvl 7 "Huntress' Fury" AOE range reduced 33%

They show 3 digits for player level on portraits now

Map rotation will now officially be A Thing going forward.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Anyone tried to Tyrande Hunter's Mark heal + Tracer/Varian/Tychus yet? I assume it just makes them invulnerable unless they get CC'ed.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Second complaint about d.Va: Everything about her feels awkward as gently caress to control. The way her auto-attacks in mech form pivot but have an incredibly short range, her attacks in pilot form are so fast you can't stutter step properly, defense matrix will frequently not come out where my cursor is. A lot of this is probably just new hero learning curve of course but still, man.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

bamhand posted:

I'm okay with that because most people are probably worse Alaraks than they imagine, so more free picks for me.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

I'm okay with that because most people are probably worse Alaraks than they imagine, so more free picks for me.

Oh man I played with an Alarak last week that just used his abilities randomly. Walk up, Q, miss. Maybe decide to W 3 seconds later as the enemy walks away from him. Never once did it occur to him to shove the enemy into him so he can Q them. Then he got MVP because my Brightwing kept everyone alive despite their best efforts.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Saved up 9 chests before today and didn't get D.Va, but I got a legendary space lord motorbike so I'm happy :coffeepal:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy gently caress new Tyrande is awesome. The stun talent is ridiculous once you finish it, the range is like a full screen away. I went Lunar Blaze/Moonlit Arrows/Trueshot Aura/Shadowstalk/Harsh Moonlight/Mark of Mending/Iceblade Arrows, and it owned.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I like new Tyrande and I like the Lunar Blaze talent at level 1, because that coupled with landing your owls as early and often as possible means you have two abilities that end up costing zero mana and you can dump it all into spamming heals. I don't know if it's the 'right' choice but it's the fun one for me!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Where's the button to reenable XX/XX on my collection items instead of this weird meter?

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Is tank Varian still a thing? I heard that there were some changes to him on PTR that nerfed a lot of his tanking abilities.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

Chaitai posted:

Is tank Varian still a thing? I heard that there were some changes to him on PTR that nerfed a lot of his tanking abilities.

Those went live on the 10th.

Stats

Basic Attack damage increased from 87 to 91
Talents

Level 1
Overpower (W)
Reduced the damage bonus after Parrying a Basic Attack from 25 to 20%
High King’s Quest (Passive)
Increased the Basic Attack damage bonus from completing all 3 quests from 30 to 45
Level 4
Warbringer (E)
Added functionality:
Now also reduces the Mana cost of Charge by 50%
Level 7
Live by the Sword (W)
Increased the amount of parried Basic Attacks needed to reduce the cooldown of Parry from 2 to 4

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

1stGear posted:

Second complaint about d.Va: Everything about her feels awkward as gently caress to control. The way her auto-attacks in mech form pivot but have an incredibly short range, her attacks in pilot form are so fast you can't stutter step properly, defense matrix will frequently not come out where my cursor is. A lot of this is probably just new hero learning curve of course but still, man.

Abilities treating the mouse as a vague suggestion is not just a dva thing

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

please don't show around my boy pillow, I trusted you :(

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Holy gently caress new Tyrande is so fun.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to change the color of the mouse pointer? I just started playing in the dva event and i lose my mouse an awful lot when I'm trying to aim abilities thanks to it being the closest thing to camouflage colored on a lot of maps, flat gray.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

Saved up 9 chests before today and didn't get D.Va, but I got a legendary space lord motorbike so I'm happy :coffeepal:

Think I spent 10k gold rerolling veteran chests today. Good god those things are a fortune.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Chaitai posted:

The nerf was barely anything because they didn't touch the level 4 parry talent, so yes.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mind over Matter posted:

Holy gently caress new Tyrande is so fun.

She's insane. I'm pretty sure she's going to need some nerfs.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Lemon-Lime posted:

The nerf was barely anything because they didn't touch the level 4 parry talent, so yes.
It should free up some space at level 7 (Live By The Sword is basically worthless now unless the other team has Tychus / Overwatch). Time will tell if that turns out to have been the problem, but my gut says no.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Level 7 parry talent is still good. It's not hard to get hit 4 times when people focus you in a team fight. Just don't expect it to work in a 1v1 anymore.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I don't even have Tyrande and she's on sale, so I'll probably have to test her in that try-mode :negative:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Just gonna say I tried this out because of the megabundle promotion and it's surprisingly fun, given how I've heard nothing but bad things about MOBAs. Either the matchmaking is good or there's a ton of similar newbies out there because I'm baffled but the matches I've played (I think) are actually pretty competitive.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bamhand posted:

Level 7 parry talent is still good. It's not hard to get hit 4 times when people focus you in a team fight. Just don't expect it to work in a 1v1 anymore.

Yeah, exactly. All this means is you might want to go the AA heal talent at 7 instead of parry cooldown if you went Fury.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ein Sexmonster posted:

She's insane. I'm pretty sure she's going to need some nerfs.

Really not sure how to build her though. Lunar quest and AA talents lead to some serious bullying, while Owl quest and Empower just poke the poo poo out of the enemy team to the point their healer is going to have trouble getting the team ready to engage.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Jinh posted:

Is there a way to change the color of the mouse pointer? I just started playing in the dva event and i lose my mouse an awful lot when I'm trying to aim abilities thanks to it being the closest thing to camouflage colored on a lot of maps, flat gray.

I don't think you can change color, but you can make it bigger. I made mine almost comically big and it helps a lot.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Best part of this patch: hero pregame banter is back.

Chaos Reigns/Extended Lightning's "Hit 3 heroes" portion is really unrealistic, without a good ETC/Zarya.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 16, 2017

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Cuntellectual posted:

Best part of this patch: hero pregame banter is back.

Chaos Reigns/Extended Lightning's "Hit 3 heroes" portion is really unrealistic, without a good ETC/Zarya.

I got it for Extended Lighting in my third new-Alarak game at level one, right with the enemy all deathballing in mid.

Not going to be common, but was great.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gustav posted:

I don't think you can change color, but you can make it bigger. I made mine almost comically big and it helps a lot.

I'll try that, thanks!

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm surprised they just dont give the level 4 talent the same "double edged sword" treatment as other characters. Something making the base cooldown longer or taking away a stack I exchange for invulnerability. Straight invulnerability with no consequence is a no brainer and I can't see much of a reason to pass on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Oh look, another cancerous overwatch character added to HoTS.