Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Don't forget restricting the resupply of secondaries and explosives to a specific class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Multiplayer kinda went kaput. I blame Zombies Chronicles.

I say as I download it.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
AhChaChaCha, here's some info on that poo poo I was talking about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Mechanical_Turk

Here is my overview where you can see my $ break down

http://imgur.com/c8lcN0F

And here is the break down per day since I started, I still have a lot pending for the last few days but they should all go through.

http://imgur.com/qHdnjko

And this is today's breakdown per requester (the people who pay me) as you can see my highest paying hit was $5, the real money is in "batch" work. That top requester is the one I mentioned I got a "closed qual" for so only limited people can do them, and even so they still go really quick when they post.

http://imgur.com/YTSRyve

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

JackGeneric posted:

More people have netcode issues with it than Blops, anecdotally there are more sweaty lobbies, and the NV4 and RAW still define the metagame pretty strongly.

Don't forget Synaptic! Rewind is one of the best supers in the game, with a still quick charge time, a free reload and extra ammo, partial health regen and it's a get out of jail free card. Propulsion fundamentally changes the way you can play the game and it can turn CoD into the "twitch shooter" that so many think it is. And while the hitbox is the same as other characters, the model being visually smaller can really screw with your mind if Synaptic is on a headglitch, or you feel like you have a smaller target to shoot at when they're in the air.

No other character comes close to the 3 powers that Synaptic has here. I really can't be bothered to put up with this poo poo when I have so many other good games to play.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Discussion > Games > Call of Duty: Infinity - I really can't be bothered to put up with this poo poo when I have so many other good games to play.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Troutz posted:

Hey hope everyone is doing well.

Just popped on PSN to make sure my PS4 has enough space for Injustice 2 tomorrow and see that literally everybody is playing Blops 3 right now. What the gently caress happened to IW?

Last night was weird in that it was the first night in a drat long while that everyone was on at the same time.

IW is still a better game but I gotta go to where the goons are.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Discussion > Games > Call of Duty: Infinity - I really can't be bothered to put up with this poo poo when I have so many other good games to play.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mister Facetious posted:

Pretty much. Battlegrounds is really fun, by the way. Sometimes you live for half an hour and sometimes you get punched out by a naked guy ten seconds in. Still preferable to IW during launch week.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

feverish and oversexed posted:

AhChaChaCha, here's some info on that poo poo I was talking about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Mechanical_Turk

Here is my overview where you can see my $ break down

http://imgur.com/c8lcN0F

And here is the break down per day since I started, I still have a lot pending for the last few days but they should all go through.

http://imgur.com/qHdnjko

And this is today's breakdown per requester (the people who pay me) as you can see my highest paying hit was $5, the real money is in "batch" work. That top requester is the one I mentioned I got a "closed qual" for so only limited people can do them, and even so they still go really quick when they post.

http://imgur.com/YTSRyve

Thank you!

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Mister Facetious posted:

Haha, didn't I say that when I first started playing IW again and kept getting one-shot by .4 KD scrubs?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Lazyfire posted:

Pretty much. Battlegrounds is really fun, by the way. Sometimes you live for half an hour and sometimes you get punched out by a naked guy ten seconds in. Still preferable to IW during launch week.

I watched Tietuesday play this and yeah it looked super good and fun. I recommend it to anyone with a pc that can handle it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Those of us without a PC and continue enjoying the good call of duty game known as Infinite Warfare.

(Real talk: i genuinely feel like I'm in bizarro land because IW plays perfectly for me. No connection issues (once in-game) whatsoever, the TTK feels beyond generous and I loving love all the guns I've gotten so far. I rarely if ever feel or get hit by lag and i constantly dominate lobbies and generally have a drat good time. Meanwhile in BLOPS3 I feel like the TTK is way too loving fast and unforgiving and I've only gotten 1 ranged weapon from crates in the 1.5 years I've played it.)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

bear is driving! posted:

Haha, didn't I say that when I first started playing IW again and kept getting one-shot by .4 KD scrubs?

Pretty sure the sentiment was (mostly) universal among goons. :v:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I should try IW with my better internet and see if it's improved at all, my biggest issue with it was the "getting melted by a guy I don't even see on screen yet" netcode

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Yeah the game plays perfect for me. IW feels tailor-made for me(<3 Synaptic) and I'll be sad if this is the last advanced movement CoD for the foreseeable future. Can someone post a video of a match of this unplayable netcode? I'm not doubting your experience, I'm more curious to see what it looks from your perspective.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If this piece of poo poo had a Theatre Mode, I would have done that five months ago.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

If this piece of poo poo had a Theatre Mode, I would have done that five months ago.

Use the (lovely) playstation recording feature.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

Use the (lovely) playstation recording feature.

You'd have to make me play it again first, and since the servers haven't been upgraded (and because I now own Breath of the Wild), fuuuck that.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

(and because I now own Breath of the Wild).

Welcome to your new tar pit. I think I'm almost at 200 hours now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'll get Macys to play IW this week by bribing him with all the sweet BOTW hints like how to properly launch and ride trees.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

So uh, I bought these:

:lol::lol::lol:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Looks good I bet they'll help you kick even more rear end IN INFINITE WARFARE WHICH WE SHOULD PLAY TODAY AS THE CONTRACTS GOT RESET

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Do the contracts give guns this time?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
reminder that you can get xbone sticks for like $3/pair off ebay and that it takes about 10 mins to do the swap

everyone should do this if yr using stock ps4 controllers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Do the contracts give guns this time?

Actually yes. One of them gives a legendary MK2 SMG.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Actually yes. One of them gives a legendary MK2 SMG.

I'll check 'em out then. Might give me a break from playing The Good poo poo In Zombies.

Like holy god drat gently caress it just feels sooooo good to get kills now.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Yo, let's play this game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tonight is all about Trencher Gamma buddies :hfive:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tonight is all about Trencher Gamma buddies :hfive:

Its fun getting one of the new guns for once. I need to put a sight on it, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Javes going "oh hey new gun let me try it out" then dropping 80+ kills in a match was pretty drat funny.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Was that the one we lost because that Stryker pubbie backpacked the gently caress out of his team with tripmines?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

So uh, I bought these:

:lol::lol::lol:

The marketing is silly but everyone who uses them swears by them. I should use them but like a baseball pitcher obsessed with his pre-game rituals, I do not want to screw up my already pretty good shot.

That being said, I still use Grip-Its because the stock PS4 sticks have pitiful amounts of grip.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Was that the one we lost because that Stryker pubbie backpacked the gently caress out of his team with tripmines?

Yeah. Stupid of my part to not have a dom class set up to deal with all that bullshit (or a class copying all that bullshit because dang that was 100% gotta cap em all from that dude)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

"Backpacked"?

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Backpacking sounds like a combination of Stryker's Hardened trait and Centurion payload. Did the pubby use a pink OSA or Trencher since it also has a grenade launcher?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Backpacking sounds like a combination of Stryker's Hardened trait and Centurion payload. Did the pubby use a pink OSA or Trencher since it also has a grenade launcher?

Nah, he was running Micro Turret and Hardened, and neither OSA or Orange Trencher. poo poo was just fuckin' stupid, I tell you as a person who kept running into his mines.

Made me consider running Hard Wired ENGINEER to deal with it. He might have also had a Dome Shield, too.

Basically, the worst of Dom opponents was who we fought. And by worst I mean loving annoying.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

It's a synonym for "carry", i.e. put the team up on your back like a backpack.

I'd consider it entertaining to play against someone who is PTFO in IW Dom with Stryker, which is definitely not a meta setup.

This is a good segue to another peeve of mine: there's a real lack of diversity in successful high-level playstyles in IW because Synaptic is so much better that it feels like you're being punished for not running Synaptic. In BO3, at least MLG wannabes felt compelled to pull out an M8 on larger maps and even the ideal setups had a significant flaw or 2. Plus within our group there's Macys with his turtle-like gameplay, me and tek with a more traditional AR playstyle, and Javes and revo flying around with a VMP. To counter a proficient Synaptic you can maybe try to slow the game way down with a RAW and Merc/Man-at-Arms, but other than that, you can only counter by playing with Synaptic yourself.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I use Warfighter and just spam the Motion Tracker since most players never use the counter Perk (I forget what it is because the game sucks and isn't worth remembering).

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

I use Warfighter and just spam the Motion Tracker since most players never use the counter Perk (I forget what it is because the game sucks and isn't worth remembering).

You're thinking of Cold Blooded. And no one uses it because they probably believe Ghost will carry their rear end hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

There has never been a class I made since Black Ops 1 where Cold Blooded and Blind Eye isn't equipped. :colbert:

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 17, 2017

• Locked thread