Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I spent part of the weekend load all those Fallout 4 mods and although it made things better it still bored me. It drove me to play Diablo 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

Undertale is ugly as sin and the actual gameplay sucks.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

the game is mediocre and not very fun, and its fans are some of the worst people

quote unto infinity

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
you arent supposed to play it for more than an hour

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like playing videogames more than watching them.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Video game streaming is the second worst thing; after video game streamers.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

VideoTapir posted:

Video game streaming is the second worst thing; after video game streamers.

*Lowtax silently sheds a tear*

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I like Jim Sterling when he's scripted. He is a good critic, a good writer and right most of the time.

Now to rejoin the herd: he is loving awful when he does streaming or streaming-style crap and/or reactions. Painfully bad.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The 7 days to die dev team will meet their next deadline.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I don't get the massives complaint about inexperienced indie developers churning out a cheap game for using 'storebought assets' as seemingly a major complaint before talking about any REAL gameplay issues first. Go with the latter, first. The storebought assets feels like it should fall into just a general 'generic graphics' complaint.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Microsoft should put windows 10 on the xbox scorpion and make it a full-fledged computer.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The Dennis System posted:

Microsoft should put windows 10 on the xbox scorpion and make it a full-fledged computer.

Putting like 3 different OSs on the Xbone is one of the things that made it run so poorly when compared to the PS4, despite almost the same hardware.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Universe Master posted:

Putting like 3 different OSs on the Xbone is one of the things that made it run so poorly when compared to the PS4, despite almost the same hardware.

Maybe they could do some sort of partition-type thing. I don't know. I'm not good with computer.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Opinion that is only really unpopular on SA: Deadly Premonition is a trash game for trash people.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
There have been no good city builder games since Caeser 3

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

VideoTapir posted:

I like Jim Sterling when he's scripted. He is a good critic, a good writer and right most of the time.

I really enjoy his theme music. and it's nice to see a tremendous fat guy on YouTube actually dress well for once

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Rutibex posted:

I really enjoy his theme music. and it's nice to see a tremendous fat guy on YouTube actually dress well for once

Wait, what?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
borderlands 2 has quite possibly the worst writing of any video game mostly because it's so far up it's own rear end it's at the top of his body but its a pretty good game, game wise

playing it a second time years later the general tone of the story is just ughhh but hey it makes for lots of side quests so it clearly worked out

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I've never played a dark souls and I never will.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The original Game Grumps with Jon Jafari is the only good Lets Play

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Pewdiepie is actually kind of funny now

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

nigga crab pollock posted:

The Witcher games have quite possibly the worst writing of any video game mostly because it's so far up it's own rear end it's at the top of his body but the third is a pretty good game, game wise

playing it a second time years later the general tone of the story is just ughhh but hey it makes for lots of side quests so it clearly worked out

I read that and that's exactly what I thought.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 16, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Meridian posted:

Wait, what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8xrgLqQZ8&t=866s

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Everything about that guy is and always has been obnoxious.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
People only hate Nintendo because they take a lot of chances and therefore produce some real failures. They have more balls than Microsoft and Sony, who stick to the same tired formula for years on end. There's my unpopular opinion. Suck it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

People only hate Nintendo because they take a lot of chances and therefore produce some real failures. They have more balls than Microsoft and Sony, who stick to the same tired formula for years on end. There's my unpopular opinion. Suck it.

Hey, it took a lot of courage to pack the Kinect 2.0 with the Xbox One.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

a bone to pick posted:

Hey, it took a lot of courage to pack the Kinect 2.0 with the Xbox One.

I think I tried that and almost electrocuted myself.

vvv :agreed: vvv

phasmid fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 16, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

phasmid posted:

i guarantee you that if nintendo were promoting VR heavily instead of sony, it would be dismissed as "gimmicky." people bitched about the pay-per-month online content like sony and microsoft haven't done that for the past decade. they really can't do anything right in some people's eyes

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Nintendo consoles are fun to play with friends irl so it's no wonder the loudest parts of the internet hate them

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

ultrabindu posted:

There have been no good city builder games since Caeser 3

yeah except Pharaoh.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

sebzilla posted:

yeah except Pharaoh.

And Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Loading times longer than 30 seconds are unacceptable, and I blame Playstation and PC gamers for making publishers think loading times of any length were acceptable in the first place.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

2house2fly posted:

Loading times longer than 30 seconds are unacceptable, and I blame Playstation and PC gamers for making publishers think loading times of any length were acceptable in the first place.

ME2 had the best load time on PC. Like, they artificially extended it to make it match consoles :downs:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
This game loads too fast that means there isn't much content or high quality art *played said game for 350 hours before posting this review*

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Backtracking is my favorite game mechanic.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
The Silent Hill series sucks and shouldn't be scary to anyone over the age of 13.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Any beat em up/character action game with a bersek meter that slowly fills up to press L3+R3 to engage EPIC GOD MODE" sucks assssssss

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Doom 3 was awesome at the time. gently caress y'all.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

get that OUT of my face posted:

i guarantee you that if nintendo were promoting VR heavily instead of sony, it would be dismissed as "gimmicky."

Like when that actually happened for real.

quote:

people bitched about the pay-per-month online content like sony and microsoft haven't done that for the past decade. they really can't do anything right in some people's eyes

Sounds like someone never paid any attention to the content of the bitching.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Doom 3 was awesome at the time. gently caress y'all.

Doom 3 was a fun game to play once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Crysis sucks, and the Far Cry series isn't much better.