Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

Thanks for recommending the bobs burgers music album, it came in today and has been a charm. One of my favorite releases this year and ive already bought a lot of dumb poo poo for the year not being half over. Records are ok and not that bad.

edit: i got the standard edition that comes with the white 45 (?), not the box

Nice things are nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I also keep some records in this old miller high life wooden crate with a magnetic top that I got when I took someone's bad record collection from them.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

stay depressed posted:

this costs a stupid amount of money

Sorry I'm not desperately poor

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
But seriously I bought that thing because it was actually kind of cheap. There really doesn't seem to be much middle ground between milk crates/Ikea and solid walnut MCM repros that are like $1k+

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Barry posted:

I bought an LPBIN so I will let my good friends in this good thread know how it is when it arrives.

Why wouldn't you just get a second hand shelf or something

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Why would I?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Bunch of broke rear end goons ITT.

I think it looks great Barry.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

A human heart posted:

Why wouldn't you just get a second hand shelf or something

cause it owns to overpay for simple everyday objects

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Barry posted:

Sorry I'm not desperately poor

Nah, you're just plain desperate.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

stay depressed posted:

cause it owns to overpay for simple everyday objects

This is literally vinyl collecting in one sentence.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I'm not sure what you're all so butthurt about here. It's a simple piece of furniture in the specific style that I want that will fit in the space that I have and not look like I dragged it out of a dumpster. $250 is not some huge price to pay for that. If you legitimately think that's overpaying, feel free to steer me in the direction of the same product yet cheaper or better.

Sorry if I'm not buying into whatever aesthetic or life philosophy I should by clicking buy it now on the internet on some shiny new thing. Maybe I should be spending my time endlessly crawling through alleys to find some janky poo poo that is ugly as gently caress to save a few bucks instead? Let me know.

You dorks are insufferable.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Barry posted:

I'm not sure what you're all so butthurt about here. It's a simple piece of furniture in the specific style that I want that will fit in the space that I have and not look like I dragged it out of a dumpster. $250 is not some huge price to pay for that. If you legitimately think that's overpaying, feel free to steer me in the direction of the same product yet cheaper or better.

Sorry if I'm not buying into whatever aesthetic or life philosophy I should by clicking buy it now on the internet on some shiny new thing. Maybe I should be spending my time endlessly crawling through alleys to find some janky poo poo that is ugly as gently caress to save a few bucks instead? Let me know.

Well, are you going to be filling it with video game soundtracks or what?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
All ordered from Amazon, of course.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Who are these idiot goons wasting money on Ikea storage when they could be scrounging for produce boxes in the dumpster behind the grocery store.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

Who are these idiot goons wasting money on Ikea storage when they could be scrounging for produce boxes in the dumpster behind the grocery store.

I live in a first-world country so the boxes get flattened and recycled :shrug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I store all of my records in discarded pizza boxes

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Barry posted:

It's the Vinyl thread, yo.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Haha wait it's $250 and people are getting worked up over the expense

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
If you're not keeping your $500 Stalinpussy 45 in a $2 milk crate, you're doing it wrong.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'll just use my dad's woodshop to make one. That's where I get all my records from anyway.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Barry posted:

Nice meltdown.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Haha yes you got me, I am positively seething over here

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Barry posted:

Haha yes you got me, I am positively seething over here

:smugdon:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Papa John Misty posted:

Haha wait it's $250 and people are getting worked up over the expense

Haven't plenty of people spent that kind of money on a single record before, too? Not me personally, but I have one or two in my collection that allegedly sell for that.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It's not like $250 is a ton of money for a furniture piece, but those look pretty cheaply built in the photos, like walmart MDF garbage stuff. But I'd be interested to see if they're well built.

EDIT: Yeah they're just made from particle board.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 16, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Yeah I'm totally aware that they're not solid wood, which is why it's not significantly more expensive. Hopefully it's not total garbage, we'll see.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

$75 milk crates:

https://www.waamindustries.com/collections/products/products/wooden-milk-crate?variant=1897759297

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

At some point in the previous millennium the dairy producers here just changed the size of milk crates so that they're just the wrong size for albums. Smart move.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Barry posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20poors

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Tremble before my ostentatious display of luxury goods and economic power vis a vis a $250 piece of particle board furniture, goons

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I'll take a pic of my high life crate tonight. It's got a pretty lady on it.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

JehovahsWetness posted:

Ha! Did you find them all together in one spot? Supposedly Brown pressed up a like a billion copies, I've found Axonda I think 3 times. In TN, for fucks sake. (I think Acid Archives might have the pressing #, I'd have to look.)
I got them all in different places actually, Prayers was the last one I was looking for and the guy who owns the record store I always go to had a copy he sold me. Coolest thing I heardis that he was friends with Phillip K Dick while working on the album at UCLA, Enlightening Beams of Axonda sounds like VALIS

Jerry Cotton posted:

At some point in the previous millennium the dairy producers here just changed the size of milk crates so that they're just the wrong size for albums. Smart move.
Here it's because we changed to the metric system that most crates don't fit LPs

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Barry posted:

Tremble before my ostentatious display of luxury goods and economic power vis a vis a $250 piece of particle board furniture, goons

it looks stupid and it was too expensive for what it is, sorry for your loss

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
There is literally no middle ground between putting your records in boxes you find in the trash and paying 250 dollars for a table that's the same quality of something you'd buy at Walmart for 30 bucks.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i have the ikea shelf everyone else has

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hey guys, I'm getting enough records now where I want something to store them in and had a few quest....

:stare:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

stay depressed posted:

it looks stupid and it was too expensive for what it is, sorry for your loss

If you know something that's the same but better and/or cheaper, by all means let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

stay depressed posted:

i have the ikea shelf everyone else has
same, they work well