Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakkro
May 29, 2015

Dork457 posted:

It's... progress

Lock everyone up imo

even ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Robert Plant posted:

I may have been to a Total Wine in some backwood town in central Jersey? I think it was a Total Wine

I remember getting a Ron Burgundy themed scotch there called Great Odin's Raven. It was not very good

Themed or branded liquors are almost universally bad. You pay the premium to keep them on a shelf and have the occasional chuckle

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Epic High Five posted:

I get tuition paid (just like 1.5 classes a semester but hey) so I figured I'd finally get an actual degree I guess. Have been considering CS but lmao, I'm going to have my office pay for certs for me instead and have my degree be in something I enjoy, like writing or literature or whatever

lol, don't get certs unless you want to be a computer janitor

If I'm hiring a programmer and I see a cert on a resume I LOL

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
no video of Spicey time but I can still hear his flopsweat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

the whole police squad! tv series is good and very underrated. they were all on youtube last i checked.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

thank you. I have two students that create drama like this when they walk in the door.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if you can deal with white supremacists there are a lot cool towns throughout pa.

the white supremacy stuff tho is bad

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Epic High Five posted:

I get tuition paid (just like 1.5 classes a semester but hey) so I figured I'd finally get an actual degree I guess. Have been considering CS but lmao, I'm going to have my office pay for certs for me instead and have my degree be in something I enjoy, like writing or literature or whatever

Do ittttt. English degrees own. Plus, with a tech background, you could easily do tech writing and make that cash.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fullhouse posted:

about half of all CS grads can't do fizzbuzz, and in my personal experience a huge chunk of kids in my program were fuckups who cheated on all the programming assignments and got by being passable at counting math. increased volume of grads doesn't matter if most of them don't actually learn how to do anything

ive heard that stat a million times, it cant be true can it, fizzbuzz was p easy for me on a calculator in 8th grade and i was a humanities nerd with a classics degree now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's because of you.

I'm why Pittsburgh is good ,yes

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/864550150781489152

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
edit: beaten like a DOG!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Themed or branded liquors are almost universally bad. You pay the premium to keep them on a shelf and have the occasional chuckle

I like the Game of Thrones beers!

they're vegan too!

zakkro posted:

Lock everyone up imo

even ed balls
gently caress it, :yeah:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Do ittttt. English degrees own. Plus, with a tech background, you could easily do tech writing and make that cash.

Yeah most STEM grads have near-autistic communication skills and people who can do both are in demand atm

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Spicey getting Spicey

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Coding jobs aren't going anywhere, yeah you won't be able to make six figures so easy but there's plenty of money in maintaining/refactoring/upgrading broken rear end rockstar MVPs that shipped on time

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

q: was this a learning experience?

a: no. trump can't learn anything.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

i loving hate this country

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

shovelbum posted:

lol how is this not ended

Becuase no one who currently lives there benefits by ending it

Home/apartment owners don't want more new construction becuase it would lower the value of the existing stuff
People on rent control are happy

So new people either have to take a bunch of roommates and live in a shithole or go to one of the suburbs and commute in

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

And in fairness, that's precisely what I did. I just went and looked at it to make sure I got the name right

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

of course these days I imagine those fuckups have seen fizzbuzz problems on the one billion various CODE FOR INTERVIEWS prep books and websites so companies that don't update their coding questions will get conned by people who are incapable of doing their job

the thing is it's really easy to be a terrible programmer and stay employed as one lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Louisgod posted:

i loving hate this country

please, he'd be fine.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Epic High Five posted:

Ron de Jeremy was an excellent spiced rum.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

lol, don't get certs unless you want to be a computer janitor

If I'm hiring a programmer and I see a cert on a resume I LOL

I'm already professional and running a help desk and after hours technology services to faculty and several buildings. Any next steps I take will require *some* degree, doesn't matter what, because this is America, so I intend to make it something I enjoy. I'll probably speed it along by paying out of pocket for a community college associates that 100% transfers tho, and that may be in generic CS

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/LahavHarkov/status/864544173638258692

when the going gets tough, trump waddles the gently caress off stage
lmao there was a story on nbc news' website yesterday talking about the wh staff's hope that the trip will be a "reset" after the comey thing

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Wow, I missed that May 13th interview where Trump says he thinks all of the things, in fact too much at a time for the press to keep up with him.

What a time to be alive.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

One of my best friends went to York College and he talks like he didn't completely loathe the town. Never spent more than like 2 hours there myself tho

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Epic High Five posted:

the mulan schezwan baijiu was alright

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fullhouse posted:

of course these days I imagine those fuckups have seen fizzbuzz problems on the one billion various CODE FOR INTERVIEWS prep books and websites so companies that don't update their coding questions will get conned by people who are incapable of doing their job

the thing is it's really easy to be a terrible programmer and stay employed as one lol

It's also profoundly easy to be even a marginal programmer and make 60-80k while working (essentially) sub-40 hour weeks.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
lol Spicer sounded so low energy. He wants to die.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I wonder how well he'll take the 'Look please, he's just an idiot child and not a traitor, please believe us' defense. :allears:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Nichael posted:

I like the Game of Thrones beers!

they're vegan too!

gently caress it, :yeah:

An ommegang beer never disappoints.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

got any sevens posted:

lol you think its not just another bubble

what do you mean, he says as he looks at the P/E ratio of snapchat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's also profoundly easy to be even a marginal programmer and make 60-80k while working (essentially) sub-40 hour weeks.

This is me

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I did a thing posted:

An ommegang beer never disappoints.

they're flavored like lannisters and targaryens!!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The end of that was hilarious

"we'll talk to you in conneticut"
"conneticut?"

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

fire em all! do it!

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/864550372265926656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
biotech is where all the cool kids are u even get to work for soulless pharma companies :hai:

• Locked thread