Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

They realized that selecting such a high official would in some ways validate the story, but they wanted to establish a credible witness account exonerating the president from wrongdoing — before the barrage of Twitter posts they knew would be coming from Mr. Trump on Tuesday morning.

president fucks up every thing what to do ho hum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Louisgod posted:

i loving hate this country

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why won't he do it on camera? Is he hiding in the bushes again?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Has Spicy spoken yet?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Louisgod posted:

we do not take the rock's name in dwayne

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

shovelbum posted:

ive heard that stat a million times, it cant be true can it, fizzbuzz was p easy for me on a calculator in 8th grade and i was a humanities nerd with a classics degree now

this was a big problem in the dotcom bubble too, if you have any one field that becomes "DO THIS TO MAKE MONEY" you'll have tons of people who brute force and cheat their way through the program without actually learning anything because some people just cannot understand programming concepts

lots of these are kids that never fully learned algebra

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

*extremely appropriate voice* Ed Balls

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

They realized that selecting such a high official would in some ways validate the story, but they wanted to establish a credible witness account exonerating the president from wrongdoing — before the barrage of Twitter posts they knew would be coming from Mr. Trump on Tuesday morning.

A dozen of Mr. Trump’s aides and associates, while echoing Mr. Trump’s defiance, privately agreed with Mr. Corker’s view. They spoke candidly, in a way they were unwilling to do just weeks ago, about the damage that was being done to the administration’s standing and the fatigue that was setting in after months of having to defend the president’s missteps, Twitter posts and unpredictable actions.

There is a growing sense that Mr. Trump seems unwilling or unable to do the things necessary to keep himself out of trouble, and that the presidency has done little to tame a shoot-from-the-hip-into-his-own-foot style that characterized his campaign.

Mr. Trump, who still openly laments having to dismiss his first national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, has groused that General McMaster talks too much in meetings, and the president has referred to him as “a pain,” according to one of the officials.

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

GET FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKEEEEEEEDDDD

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

quote:

General McMaster, in particular, has tried to insert caveats or gentle corrections into conversations when he believes the president is straying off topic or onto boggy diplomatic ground.

This has, at times, chafed the president, according to two officials with knowledge of the situation. Mr. Trump, who still openly laments having to dismiss his first national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, has groused that General McMaster talks too much in meetings, and the president has referred to him as “a pain,” according to one of the officials.

McMaster gone soon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ash1138 posted:

lmao there was a story on nbc news' website yesterday talking about the wh staff's hope that the trip will be a "reset" after the comey thing

that nyt article just posted says the same thing lol

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

its extremely good when the "If the president does it then it's not illegal" defense is actually valid

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

boy imagine how stupid the guy that hired them is!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

FabioClone posted:

Why won't he do it on camera? Is he hiding in the bushes again?

tears are streaming down his face

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Typo posted:

idk about that all I know is that there are way too many CS students graduating it's literally like 2-4x what it was a few years ago

I got a feeling though that on the long run there are gonna be jobs for us because I don't see what's gonna stop the tech train

DBAs, i have no idea I have never applied for a DBA position before

the anecdotal reports of mass tech/dev hiring is a complete and utter lie for a few main reasons, most of which have to do with the upper end of tech being to blame

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fullhouse posted:

of course these days I imagine those fuckups have seen fizzbuzz problems on the one billion various CODE FOR INTERVIEWS prep books and websites so companies that don't update their coding questions will get conned by people who are incapable of doing their job

the thing is it's really easy to be a terrible programmer and stay employed as one lol

I have a whole book of these and wow yeah you can just memorize the most popular 1% of a big algorithms textbook and get jobs wtf does that have to do with building software in a commercial environment

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

it owns that this morning NPR reported that it wasn't so much sharing as it was BRAGGING, specifically that he had the best intelligence

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

change my name posted:

I have a masters from an ivy and I'm currently stuck in a cafe applying for jobs while a group of guys across from me are discussing pepe and retaining brand ownership. lol

gonna be honest, this sounds like a bad idea to me

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

shoot from the hip into his own foot style is the best kung fu style

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

quote:

Mr. Trump’s appetite for chaos, coupled with his disregard for the self-protective conventions of the presidency, have left his staff confused and squabbling. And his own mood, according to two advisers who spoke on the condition of anonymity, has become sour and dark, turning against most of his aides — even his son-in-law, Jared Kushner — and describing them in a fury as “incompetent,” according to one of those advisers.

j-kush finally ascends to the throne of the ultimate failson

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

shovelbum posted:

ive heard that stat a million times, it cant be true can it, fizzbuzz was p easy for me on a calculator in 8th grade and i was a humanities nerd with a classics degree now

Its mainly a problem of most people not fully grasping the full meaning of the question, or making dumb mistakes in the coding

Basically, it tests whether you read over your code after you write it, and try to run it in your head

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

ShutteredIn posted:

lol Spicer sounded so low energy. He wants to die.

his battery is running out trump's gonna have to discard him soon

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

triple sulk posted:

the anecdotal reports of mass tech/dev hiring is a complete and utter lie for a few main reasons, most of which have to do with the upper end of tech being to blame

if there is one thing i loathe more than anything else its having to hire new juniors.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's also profoundly easy to be even a marginal programmer and make 60-80k while working (essentially) sub-40 hour weeks.

yeah this is the life

gently caress working 80 hour weeks for a startup, I spend about 15 hours a week working and the rest of my time shitposting here. I've been told I have great productivity lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ash1138 posted:

lmao there was a story on nbc news' website yesterday talking about the wh staff's hope that the trip will be a "reset" after the comey thing

Eventually the Kush man will hold every single job in the white house simultaneously

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

At the end there as Spicey was decrying "leaking classified information into the open" an audibly frustrated reporter I think said something to the effect of "but that's what the president was doing!"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Flynn at FBI finally arrested:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

McMaster gone soon

:flashfap:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

TildeATH posted:

gonna be honest, this sounds like a bad idea to me

well to be fair, they're discussing how pepe is an example of why retaining tight ownership over your branded products is important

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
There is a growing sense that Mr. Trump seems unwilling or unable to do the things necessary to keep himself out of trouble, and that the presidency has done little to tame a shoot-from-the-hip-into-his-own-foot style that characterized his campaign.

There is a fear among some of Mr. Trump’s senior advisers about leaving him alone in meetings with foreign leaders out of concern he might speak out of turn. General McMaster, in particular, has tried to insert caveats or gentle corrections into conversations when he believes the president is straying off topic or onto boggy diplomatic ground.

This has, at times, chafed the president, according to two officials with knowledge of the situation. Mr. Trump, who still openly laments having to dismiss his first national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, has groused that General McMaster talks too much in meetings, and the president has referred to him as “a pain,” according to one of the officials.

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that nyt is great you all should read it

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Nichael posted:

they're flavored like lannisters and targaryens!!!

Try Three Philosophers from ommegang. Its extremely smooth, and very potent.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zikan posted:

j-kush finally ascends to the throne of the ultimate failson

Trump will call him in and yell "you're fired!" for each of Jared's 9 jobs:

1) Brokering peace in the Middle East.
2) Solving America’s opioid epidemic.
3) Being a "shadow diplomat" for diplomacy with Mexico.
4) Diplomacy with China.
5) Reforming health care for veterans.
6) Reforming the criminal justice system.
7) Streamlining the federal government and making it work like a business.
8) Talking with Iraq about how to deal with ISIS
9) Running the Office of American Innovation, described as a “SWAT team of strategic consultants.”

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Louisgod posted:

yeah hosed up that even 37% want trump over the rock

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
so im a little afraid of checking the president's tweets

"the president's tweets" is the title of a movie about this era

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fullhouse posted:

yeah this is the life

gently caress working 80 hour weeks for a startup, I spend about 15 hours a week working and the rest of my time shitposting here. I've been told I have great productivity lol

:same:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

SKULL.GIF posted:

McMaster gone soon

trump only hired him because the dude's named reminded him of the food he eats.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/746803108949409793

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress is going to take these jobs if he fires everyone?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

extremely appropriate? haha cmon dude i know hes your boss but this isnt even on tv, that old bitch will never hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

I'm going for a walk to clear my head, NYT'll gimme a shout if any more wheels fall off. Y'all hold down the fort

• Locked thread