Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

5/15 - Trump didn't leak anything
5/16 - Trump: Yeah I did it
5/16 (Also) - It was okay for him to leak the thing
5/16 (Also Also) - He didn't know what he was saying, so therefore it couldn't be classified
5/16 (Also Also Also) - Trump doesn't even pay attention in the briefings! He's an idiot! How could he know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"the president might be not too smart" -- the FAILING nyt

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FabioClone posted:

Trump will call him in and yell "you're fired!" for each of Jared's 9 jobs:

1) Brokering peace in the Middle East.
2) Solving America’s opioid epidemic.
3) Being a "shadow diplomat" for diplomacy with Mexico.
4) Diplomacy with China.
5) Reforming health care for veterans.
6) Reforming the criminal justice system.
7) Streamlining the federal government and making it work like a business.
8) Talking with Iraq about how to deal with ISIS
9) Running the Office of American Innovation, described as a “SWAT team of strategic consultants.”

is Kush even actually doing any of the jobs he's been assigned to do?

I feel like he's been loving off on vacation and waiting for the Trump administration to implode rather than waste his time

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Fullhouse posted:

yeah this is the life

gently caress working 80 hour weeks for a startup, I spend about 15 hours a week working and the rest of my time shitposting here. I've been told I have great productivity lol

I did this at my last tech job during the early recession. Paid well and they wanted to put me on a management track for some reason despite me doing all I could to signal I didn't give a poo poo about anything (without actively making life worse for my actual team, who I liked).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

prefect posted:

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

But, like, this was their defense today! In public! Twice! :psyduck:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

if there is one thing i loathe more than anything else its having to hire new juniors.

schools don't teach actual programming, e.g. what 99% of jobs are, which is maintenance of a massive and lovely codebase with tons of technical debt

they won't teach you that you'll still be using java 1.5 or c# 2.0, or that you'll get poo poo on by upper management for a multitude of reasons, or by the community if you're oss

companies that are utter garbage still expect to hire the unicorns that can get paid twice as much out in the bay/ny/whatever with stocks and other benefits, and that attitude is only going to get worse. said companies keep up appearances by pretending to hire even if they will only hire if they get that unicorn, which they never do

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol if you don't shitpost while walking.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Baloogan posted:

so im a little afraid of checking the president's tweets

"the president's tweets" is the title of a movie about this era

good morning

you have a lot to catch up on

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Baloogan posted:

all the president's tweets

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nonsense posted:

is rhode island as bad as they say?

no and providence has a v surprisingly attractive skyline

see it now tho because the next hurricane that comes up the coast is going to quite simply annihilate parts of the state

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I did a thing posted:

Try Three Philosophers from ommegang. Its extremely smooth, and very potent.

I only drink things that are flavored like fictional incest families.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

PostNouveau posted:

Who the gently caress is going to take these jobs if he fires everyone?

this is what im wondering - he could pull in from the breitbart crowd but i honestly think most of them will have a huge problem getting security clearances

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

prefect posted:

There is a growing sense that Mr. Trump seems unwilling or unable to do the things necessary to keep himself out of trouble, and that the presidency has done little to tame a shoot-from-the-hip-into-his-own-foot style that characterized his campaign.

There is a fear among some of Mr. Trump’s senior advisers about leaving him alone in meetings with foreign leaders out of concern he might speak out of turn. General McMaster, in particular, has tried to insert caveats or gentle corrections into conversations when he believes the president is straying off topic or onto boggy diplomatic ground.

This has, at times, chafed the president, according to two officials with knowledge of the situation. Mr. Trump, who still openly laments having to dismiss his first national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, has groused that General McMaster talks too much in meetings, and the president has referred to him as “a pain,” according to one of the officials.

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

president is to dumb to be dangerous. Okay.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

triple sulk posted:

the anecdotal reports of mass tech/dev hiring is a complete and utter lie for a few main reasons, most of which have to do with the upper end of tech being to blame

Also when the tech industry says "There's high demand across the sector" they usually mean "There's high demand among MBAs for team leads to waltz in and save their dying projects for equity and entry level compensation"

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Baloogan posted:

all the presidents tweets

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius posted:

I am an expert in Delaware and there are no best things in it. except for total wine on Naamans road. that is the best booze store in the world

the beaches are nice.

they make RAPA scrapple in delaware and that is the best scrapple brand

the big indoor flea markets in sussex county are kind of fun

also iirc there is some small town in southern delaware (seaford?) that had like the highest per capita crime rate in the universe or something like that because like all the drug trafficking on the east coast went through there

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr. Jive posted:

Also when the tech industry says "There's high demand across the sector" they usually mean "There's high demand among MBAs for team leads to waltz in and save their dying projects for equity and entry level compensation"

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I did this at my last tech job during the early recession. Paid well and they wanted to put me on a management track for some reason despite me doing all I could to signal I didn't give a poo poo about anything (without actively making life worse for my actual team, who I liked).

working smarter not harder and keeping things smooth with your team makes you management material

working yourself to death is a signal that youre fine just where you are lol

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Himself.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

triple sulk posted:

schools don't teach actual programming, e.g. what 99% of jobs are, which is maintenance of a massive and lovely codebase with tons of technical debt

they won't teach you that you'll still be using java 1.5 or c# 2.0, or that you'll get poo poo on by upper management for a multitude of reasons, or by the community if you're oss

companies that are utter garbage still expect to hire the unicorns that can get paid twice as much out in the bay/ny/whatever with stocks and other benefits, and that attitude is only going to get worse. said companies keep up appearances by pretending to hire even if they will only hire if they get that unicorn, which they never do

i just need people who are decent to okay at python and not totally socially inept triple sulk.

that's all i ask

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

update: the guy sitting next to me in the cafe is (was) watching the press conference live on his ipad, but he fell asleep and is now snoring really loudly

me too, buddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

reminder that the party of family values and morality installed a man who bragged about committing sex assault as president.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I feel like he's been loving off on vacation and waiting for the Trump administration to implode rather than waste his time

I'm pretty sure he's using it to make him and his family even more insanely wealthy and powerful

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

on Diplomcy in China, kush searched for a book on china on amazon and then contacted the author for advice. this was enough to impress donald.

how do you think he's doing?

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Corny posted:

this is what im wondering - he could pull in from the breitbart crowd but i honestly think most of them will have a huge problem getting security clearances

I think Trump can write waivers for this, and in fact has already done so I believe.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/dshesgreen/status/864552257379028996

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

I get tuition paid (just like 1.5 classes a semester but hey) so I figured I'd finally get an actual degree I guess. Have been considering CS but lmao, I'm going to have my office pay for certs for me instead and have my degree be in something I enjoy, like writing or literature or whatever

why the hell would you care about your degree being in something you enjoy

degrees are entirely show-off brownie point poo poo to make people respect you, get it in something people actually respect, get paid more, take a year's sabbatical to read 30 books and write 3.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

lol if you don't shitpost while walking.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

"insanely good, even"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Please let Trump rehire Flynn

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Schnorkles posted:

i just need people who are decent to okay at python and not totally socially inept triple sulk.

that's all i ask

i'm extremely inept at python but my eye contact game is on point, when do i start

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

:lol: "it's not what the president thinks, it's a fact."

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

oh boy oh boy I can't wait till the night of the small hands

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

reminder that the party of family values and morality installed a man who bragged about committing sex assault as president.

he raped a 13 year old and then killed an 8 year old

zakkro
May 29, 2015

"It's so amazingly great that Trump leaked intel. In fact, why didn't OBAMA ever do that?!?!"

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

PostNouveau posted:

he already has kush and ivanka, bing bing bong etc,

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

change my name posted:

update: the guy sitting next to me in the cafe is (was) watching the press conference live on his ipad, but he fell asleep and is now snoring really loudly

me too, buddy

steal his ipad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

kaleedity posted:

oh boy oh boy I can't wait till the night of the small hands

i wonder how long it'll take this administration to get into the extrajudicial killings business.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Coolguye posted:

why the hell would you care about your degree being in something you enjoy

degrees are entirely show-off brownie point poo poo to make people respect you, get it in something people actually respect, get paid more, take a year's sabbatical to read 30 books and write 3.

The hell do I care if some rando respects it? This isn't even about the respect, it's about ticking off a checkbox for future promotions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
this is old but I would still like to say

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/864508532447735809

lol

*is Muhammad* "I'm going to be dating her in *looks at sundial* right now, can you believe it?

I need a Trump lecture series on all religions so badly. It would be just fantastic.

• Locked thread