Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Was benghazi considered the biggest scandal of Obama's presidency?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Coolguye posted:

haha all you need to do is poo poo out a handful of authoritative sounding white papers or have a blog that isn't insane tech screed and you'll have places slobbering all over your knob to write for their magazine or whatever. you don't even remotely need a liberal arts degree.

you don't need a degree in anything but it can really help! i don't know what your deal is but it's okay to get a humanities degree, bro!

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

https://twitter.com/NadavPollak/status/864542892207034368

Israeli press is going to go crazy about this and Israeli politicians are going to have to distance themselves from Trump/The US to keep their jobs.

Perhaps mattering still exists in other nations?

the antimattering field is very short range

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Coolguye posted:

i lol half the time i'm hiring a programmer and see a b.s. too, honestly. nobody's a proven programmer until i see their github or bitbucket, and preferably also a stack overflow profile.

heh that's actually why im glad im not a programmer these days, they arent allowed to leave work at the office anymore but have to be doing 24/7 unpaid computer nerdery to impress future employers with

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

paranoid randroid posted:

can you imagine being such a bogglingly stupendous piece of poo poo that you drive your son to suicide because he doesnt want to get into the family business of being a slumlord

its kind of a wonder that we never elected Fred Trump, tbh

He had the misfortune of living in a time when being visibly a klansman was a disadvantage in rightwing politics.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Israeli press is going to go crazy about this and Israeli politicians are going to have to distance themselves from Trump/The US to keep their jobs.

lol nice going right wing israelis

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I don't doubt Don did all he could to undermine his elder brother, but as far as I know it was Fred Sr.'s influence that drove Jr. to drink himself to death.
If I'm not mistaken, there's legitimate sources that document Donny doing it too to a significant degree.

Also, the truth doesn't actually matter in the Post-Escalator Era!!!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can we keep the scandals down to one a week please? I am running out of unlimited data on my cell plan.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I seriously need an early Islam/Trump mashup. God drat it would own so much.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

haljordan posted:

either that or the Fast/Furious gunwalking thing

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

shovelbum posted:

ive heard that stat a million times, it cant be true can it, fizzbuzz was p easy for me on a calculator in 8th grade and i was a humanities nerd with a classics degree now

the trick is that programming in many ways is applied algebra. fizzbuzz and similar programs do nothing more than combine algebra concepts with a specific language's syntax and most tech programs don't encourage combining these concepts the way they should, even though it's fundamental to programming. many, many programmers freeze the ever living gently caress up once they're asked to handle one of these ideas outside of the classroom.

i've interviewed dozens of programmers for the various jobs i've had over the years, and the company i currently own. 50% is, in my experience, an exaggeration, but it's not a big one.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Nuclearmonkee posted:

the antimattering field is very short range

Imagine Trump trying to visit Paris, London, or even Chicago in public.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

haljordan posted:

tbh I think getting Donny elected was the biggest one

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

:jackbud::jackbud::jackbud::jackbud::jackbud:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One of my realizations as I grew past early adulthood was that I actually enjoy the human interaction and people management parts of jobs way more than dry technical stuff that leaves you shut in a basement or, even worse, out in the open and dealing with people anyway except you've got upper management demanding impossible things

I was sure I was going to be a shut in programmer for years, but I'm glad I developed what I did instead because it's way easier to hire someone with just raw technical talent than someone who interacts with VIPs and affiliates properly.

Maybe I'll split the difference and get an associates in CS and then transfer that to a BS in Lit or writing or smtg

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

either that or the Fast/Furious gunwalking thing

That was a GWB era policy

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
*puts on reading glasses*

"On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Poor thing, " she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in, tender woman, " sighed the snake

She wrapped him up all cozy in a comforter of silk
And laid him by her fireside with some honey and some milk
She hurried home from work that night and soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taken to had been revived
"Take me in, tender woman

She clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful, " she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
She stroked his pretty skin again and kissed and held him tight
Instead of saying thanks, the snake gave her a vicious bite
"I saved you, " cried the woman
"And you've bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman, " said the reptile with a grin
"You knew drat well I was a snake before you took me in
Take me in, tender woman, " sighed the snake"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

so I guess someone told TRUMP about Israel selling AMERICAN technology to CHYNA

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ArmZ posted:

They realized that selecting such a high official would in some ways validate the story, but they wanted to establish a credible witness account exonerating the president from wrongdoing — before the barrage of Twitter posts they knew would be coming from Mr. Trump on Tuesday morning.

A dozen of Mr. Trump’s aides and associates, while echoing Mr. Trump’s defiance, privately agreed with Mr. Corker’s view. They spoke candidly, in a way they were unwilling to do just weeks ago, about the damage that was being done to the administration’s standing and the fatigue that was setting in after months of having to defend the president’s missteps, Twitter posts and unpredictable actions.

There is a growing sense that Mr. Trump seems unwilling or unable to do the things necessary to keep himself out of trouble, and that the presidency has done little to tame a shoot-from-the-hip-into-his-own-foot style that characterized his campaign.

Mr. Trump, who still openly laments having to dismiss his first national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, has groused that General McMaster talks too much in meetings, and the president has referred to him as “a pain,” according to one of the officials.

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

GET FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKEEEEEEEDDDD

"shoot-from-the-hip-into-his-own-foot style"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

So I haven't been paying attention thru all the details did spicey get fired yet

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
this thread is getting p abstract and i like it this way

Apr 7, 2003

Coolguye posted:

the trick is that programming in many ways is applied algebra. fizzbuzz and similar programs do nothing more than combine algebra concepts with a specific language's syntax and most tech programs don't encourage combining these concepts the way they should, even though it's fundamental to programming. many, many programmers freeze the ever living gently caress up once they're asked to handle one of these ideas outside of the classroom.

i've interviewed dozens of programmers for the various jobs i've had over the years, and the company i currently own. 50% is, in my experience, an exaggeration, but it's not a big one.

If Stack Overflow ever went down this industry would grind to a halt

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Fullhouse posted:

So I haven't been paying attention thru all the details did spicey get fired yet

He's hangin' in there.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

haljordan posted:

tansuit ghazi

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The first tl;dr president

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

That was a GWB era policy

Holder took the rap tho

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

NY TIMES: PRESIDENT A STONE COLD DUMB DUMB

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

*puts on reading glasses*

Schumer glasses, not reading glasses

GET REAL

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Rushi posted:

this thread is getting p abstract and i like it this way

TRMUP!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

haljordan posted:

that, fast&furious, that one time a black harvard professor got arrested at his own house and he invited everyone for beers, him namedropping guided by voices during a speech

just pick one

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

S o l y n d r a

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

haljordan posted:

tan suit

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol israel resells our secrets and tech p often

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

What happened to the dude who was at a wedding with Sleepy Ben? Was he disappeared like that one secretary????

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

i just need people who are decent to okay at python and not totally socially inept triple sulk.

that's all i ask

hi hello friendo

if you can respect my beliefs in mattering vis a vis not existing then I am your guy

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
people flipping their poo poo over the Beer Summit should have really clued Barack into the idea that nobody was actually interested in coming together and healing

Apr 7, 2003

A Handed Missus posted:

Schumer glasses, not reading glasses

GET REAL

holy moly what a goiter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Nichael posted:

What happened to the dude who was at a wedding with Sleepy Ben? Was he disappeared like that one secretary????

He's dead now, yes.

• Locked thread