Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Don't forget to draw your card off Bauble :v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Voyager I posted:

Don't forget to draw your card off Bauble :v

This is actually my primary concern tonight. Low hanging fruit and all.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Siivola posted:

I for one can't name the planeswalker from a particular duel deck off the cuff. :colbert:

Edit: Oh it's just Beleren.

Also wrong:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ShaneB posted:

This is actually my primary concern tonight. Low hanging fruit and all.

I've missed a fuckton of Bauble triggers. Also you can use it + fetch's to semi control the top of your deck for fun and profit.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Death Bot posted:

I actually tilted the gently caress out at an fnm when I cast slaughter games naming Anime Jace against a friend and he was like "wait which one"

:wtc:

Count Bleck posted:

Also wrong:

That's emo Jace

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ShaneB posted:

So I'm running out Death's Shadow Jund for the first time tonight with absolutely zero playing. Any "strictly don't do this" type stuff I should know? I've read articles about the deck, how to use the various cantrips and whatnot, so I feel like I have those in my mind even though I'm sure I'll leave a lot of percentage points on the table.

All the death shadow decks are hard to play. Your life total is a resources and you have to judge things not only on how much damage you do to yourself, but how much you can expect your opponent to. Mix that in with 8 discard spells, the deck kind of requires you to understand your opponents deck as much as your own sometimes.

Bauble decision making is kind of important. Figuring out which deck to look at, whose turn to crack the bauble, and if to crack the bauble at all are things to consider for a lot of different reasons. Get into a habit of when you crack the bauble to follow up with "pass turn with bauble trigger on next upkeep". It will help opponents slow down so you get your draw from bauble before things happen but also to help you remember the drat draw trigger.

I personally have a 1 of the new green god in for rampager. I currently really like it.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

When does one check the top of the ops deck? I am struggling to think of a time (at least early) where I wouldn't want to see the top of my deck, unless I have a great gameplan in my hand for the first 3 turns or so, and I have discard and want to know what best punches the ol' hole in the opponents hand with the additional card off the top info.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

ShaneB posted:

I have discard and want to know what best punches the ol' hole in the opponents hand with the additional card off the top info.

This is the usual reason. Also if you have no fetches or street wraiths and checking your own deck will make no difference in a given turn.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

That's emo Jace

gently caress.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Chill la Chill posted:

That's emo Jace

Isn't Emo Jace the dual deck printing of Michael C. Hall Jace?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Which Jace is the one that makes passionate love to Sorin by the fireplace

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Shadow225 posted:

Tumblr Jace

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Shadow225 posted:

Unraveler of Secrets.

Or perhaps...

Undresser of Sorin.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

It's Jace the Body Sculptor.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/864519292221620224

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Zero is even so they can't block with this Thopters.... It's probably bad.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 16, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Seems like a sweet card to Marvel out

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ShaneB posted:

If you can believe it, it's been SEVEN MONTHS since that happened. Time is crazy. :(

Here's that list: http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=108812

It also top 8'd SCG Baltimore in February

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14781&d=289003&f=MO

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Elyv posted:

Seems like a sweet card to Marvel out
That's the best part. :getin:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/HeleneBergeot/status/864591027209883648

Sickening fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 16, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Feels like there's a lot more churn at WOTC these days but that might just be me imagining things

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

She's had enough of Aetherworks Marvel, I suppose.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Feels like there's a lot more churn at WOTC these days but that might just be me imagining things

Whether this is related or not, I wouldn't be surprised if people being the scenes are getting canned or otherwise in poo poo because WOTC runs the game into the ground roughly half of the time.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Meanwhile Trick Jarrett has a job, with a company, that pays him for his amazing community management skills.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sickening posted:

Meanwhile Trick Jarrett has a job, with a company, that pays him for his amazing community management skills.

And now he doesn't have a coworker to clean up his messes after him.

:getin:

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
What online deckbuilder are people here using to mess with their deck builds?

I started with Deckstats.net, but I've started to find it to be a bit clunky. What are some other good online options?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Subways Jared posted:

What online deckbuilder are people here using to mess with their deck builds?

I started with Deckstats.net, but I've started to find it to be a bit clunky. What are some other good online options?

What are you finding clunky?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wasn't Helene one of the only reasonable and intelligent people in WotC?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Some Numbers posted:

Wasn't Helene one of the only reasonable and intelligent people in WotC?

She sure seemed like she was always running around putting out Trick and Stoddard's fires and trying to put a good spin of poor WotC organized play decisions.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Sickening posted:

What are you finding clunky?

Well between going from the Edit Deck page, to the overview, and finally to saving the copy I edited, I go through 4 different page reloads. And when I only need to change 1 or 2 cards, thats a pain in the rear end. It's not very visual either, unless you specifically go to that overview tab.

The best one I've used is actually DeckedBuilder app on my phone. Very visual, awesome filters, easy to edit decks and auto-save etc. I just don't want to be doing this on my phone, I want to use my laptop.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hellsau posted:

She sure seemed like she was always running around putting out Trick and Stoddard's fires and trying to put a good spin of poor WotC organized play decisions.

I am sure it made her unpopular in WOTC circles.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Definitely secret mirror tech that could be used.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Subways Jared posted:

Well between going from the Edit Deck page, to the overview, and finally to saving the copy I edited, I go through 4 different page reloads. And when I only need to change 1 or 2 cards, thats a pain in the rear end. It's not very visual either, unless you specifically go to that overview tab.

The best one I've used is actually DeckedBuilder app on my phone. Very visual, awesome filters, easy to edit decks and auto-save etc. I just don't want to be doing this on my phone, I want to use my laptop.

You could try tappedout but I think deckstats is better.

TwistedNails fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 17, 2017

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Subways Jared posted:

Have you considered the Windows or Mac version of Decked Builder?

http://www.deckedbuilder.com/

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
drat it Saffron Olive spoiling tech... Oblivion Sower is the real deal vs the temur marvel decks - They usually end up being able to cast Rogue refiner, Whirler Virtuoso, and tracker... that's all... it is game over unless they have ulamog already out or an overwhelming board presence

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

boba fetacheese posted:

Uhhh first faeries deserves a 1 drop.

boba fetacheese
Dec 12, 2000

A playable one. Though if Miscreant had flash it might make the cut? Maybe? Probably not. The deck is now ~12 faeries, 4 mutavaults and then UB goodstuff.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

St0rmD posted:

Have you considered the Windows or Mac version of Decked Builder?

http://www.deckedbuilder.com/

Exactly what I needed, thanks!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

boba fetacheese posted:

A playable one. Though if Miscreant had flash it might make the cut? Maybe? Probably not. The deck is now ~12 faeries, 4 mutavaults and then UB goodstuff.

You can bounce a Spellstutter Sprite with Faerie Imposter for a second go.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
How garbage amazing is t1 thought scour targeting your opponent when they keep a card on top from scrying during a Mulligan? Or keeping two on top after serum visions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Molybdenum posted:

How garbage amazing is t1 thought scour targeting your opponent when they keep a card on top from scrying during a Mulligan? Or keeping two on top after serum visions

Not as amazing as stifling a players first fetchland.