Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

bandaid.friend posted:

I feel like the new marines miss some of the joke of 40k, that hope is lost, innovation is outlawed and the Imperium's forgetten how all their stuff works.
The setting's been moving away from this for years. It hit peak grimdark in 3rd edition and has been layering brighter spots with every edition since. TBH, it's generally been to the setting's benefit. Nothing but grimdark gets boring.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Dear, Mr. Commissar

My name is Bulbasaur. I am eight years old. My dad said this year we are going on a krusade. Thank you for the new pwer armr. The helmet is warm. I like the many egal and skulls. How is schoola? I love emperor very mush. I am sending part of my alliance to help save him. I hope you go too!

I am ok. At skoola my little brothers call me names. They say I’m little to play in the krusade. They hurt my feelings. Dad says littel brothers are jelous. Jelous because I am big and strong. If they drink dad’s genie seed like I do, every day, they would also be big and strong! I miss my dad because he is funny pretty and smart. I want for chrismas is a bolter gun with orange stripes.

Please consider my letter.

Sincerely,
Brother B Bulbasaur

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Dear, Mr. Commissar

My name is Bulbasaur. I am eight years old. My dad said this year we are going on a krusade. Thank you for the new pwer armr. The helmet is warm. I like the many egal and skulls. How is schoola? I love emperor very mush. I am sending part of my alliance to help save him. I hope you go too!

I am ok. At skoola my little brothers call me names. They say I’m little to play in the krusade. They hurt my feelings. Dad says littel brothers are jelous. Jelous because I am big and strong. If they drink dad’s genie seed like I do, every day, they would also be big and strong! I miss my dad because he is funny pretty and smart. I want for chrismas is a bolter gun with orange stripes.

Sincerely,
Brother B Bulbasaur

I love it when daddy gives me his 💦💦💦 seedies 💦💦💦

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Dear, Mr. Commissar

Sincerely,
Brother B Bulbasaur

Now do one for space wolves

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

SRM posted:

For roughly 5 minutes a week I get to be truly happy

gently caress I knew it was coming from the thread and I still physically recoiled when you said it. Nthing the badcast appreciation.

BULBASAUR posted:

Dear, Mr. Commissar

Sincerely,
Brother B Bulbasaur

I'm painting up the current plastic chaplain for the ultramarines and I'm 9,000,000,000% behind the idea of him giving rousing speeches to all the tank bred soldiers about valour and the glory of their duty.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I haven't painted a space marine in several years, but I sort of liked how this guy turned out.

I'm excited to make big yellow bois

edit: timg is important

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Well done. Painting yellow is annoying and you pulled it off.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

jadebullet posted:

The one thing that I am really unsure of with the Space Wolves is the Thunder wolf Cavalry. I know that they are good, but they look really goofy. I mean, I love Fenrisian wolves, but having riders on them looks bad. Do they look better in person?
No you want the one with the chariot

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Ayn Marx posted:

Well done. Painting yellow is annoying and you pulled it off.

Layers. Although that picture sure makes that bolter's yellow look totally gross :/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kilazar posted:

Not sure where to ask this, so just going to start here since it is 40k related

I just bought a new house and I finally have an actual hobby space. So far it's just a blank wall with a white 4 foot long folding table. The table will probably remain as my main workspace. However that leaves me like 0 storage and organization options. I am considering a shelving system or slat wall. Does anyone use either for their hobby space?

While I was at HD I saw the rubbermaid "track" system and that looked promising, and then I remembered slatwall as an option. However slatwall looks like you have to buy in to a specific slatwall system.

My wall is also very oddly shaped.

So it is 70" across up to 51.5" high. Then From there the horizontal gets gradually longer at about a 40 to 45 degree angle to a max length of 128". So for the most part I am just going to work with the 70" length up to about 7 to 7.5ft, and reserve the top really long area for a "cool stuff" shelf that does not have to be tied into the shelf system. I'm going to kind of wrap that around to the opposite wall by going over the middle window wall to the work desk wall.

Here is a couple of pictures of the space
https://goo.gl/photos/vnvjWxMBQLGF9GJQ8

I have my "office"/computer desk on the opposite wall. Don't mind the mess (or the camping chair!) it's still a work in progress as we are still working on moving in. Right now I can't really use the space till I get something in place to get the stuff off my work spaces. The white board is going to be relocated.

*edit* Bonus image https://goo.gl/photos/YNqtE7G7nwQVXwKW9 have a beaky I did for my sons Kill team box! (sorry I have no idea how to make google photos embed)

I assume by hobby area you mean a place you'll get to paint, and that's about it? Personally I would probably replace the 4' table with using something like a high table (like a bar table) with a workstation chair. I would then use the space previously occupied by the folding table for a cabinet or shelf. Is your goal to have things visible, or hide them away so that when normal people walk by it doesn't look like some kind of nerd alcove?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.dropbox.com/s/znjgmdlwpbes4wm/FightingTigers.mp3?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/psiu99zxkdqppig/Warballs.mp3?dl=0

So for those who want to share the joy of the two recent spectacular Fact & Fanfiction segments with others I decided to make them as separate audio files.
Almost wish I had the skill and energy to make them into simple animated videos for extra shits and giggles.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

For roughly 5 minutes a week I get to be truly happy

At my expense.

Next week we're going to do faction previews like those idiots over at Frontline do for Warhammer Community. Which factions would you guys like to see previewed?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The Sex Cannon posted:

At my expense.

Next week we're going to do faction previews like those idiots over at Frontline do for Warhammer Community. Which factions would you guys like to see previewed?

Duh, Emperors Children of course. Or just Heretic Astartes in general.
Maybe Orkz too.
:D

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The best part of 8th edition is that all the new marines are Ultra Ultramarines (the most mary sue chapter) that are also 2 year old child soldiers with bad fluff

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
My favorite thing about the fanfiction might be goku and vegeta blending in with imperial guard with their saiyan hair. Completely inconspicuous

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

At my expense.

Tyranids.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

The Sex Cannon posted:

At my expense.

Is GW giving you guys previews or are you just talking about the changes revealed thus far?

If it's the former then I want lots of information about Tyranids. Carnifexes and Tervigons in particular.

BULBASAUR posted:

The best part of 8th edition is that all the new marines are Ultra Ultramarines (the most mary sue chapter) that are also 2 year old child soldiers with bad fluff

They're still not as Ultra as Custodes though

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Pawl posted:

Is GW giving you guys previews or are you just talking about the changes revealed thus far?

If it's the former then I want lots of information about Tyranids. Carnifexes and Tervigons in particular.

They're still not as Ultra as Custodes though

Good question. No. We are going to be making fun of Reece and Frankie from Frontline with very porrly written and stupid faction previews for the sake of comedy.

Here's me shouting "NO!" from the last Badcast:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyvvt75dbjhnixt/NO.mp3?dl=0

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

The Sex Cannon posted:

At my expense.

Yes Tyranids please.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

The Sex Cannon posted:

At my expense.

Scrunts

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

The Sex Cannon posted:

Good question. No. We are going to be making fun of Reece and Frankie from Frontline with very porrly written and stupid faction previews for the sake of comedy.

Here's me shouting "NO!" from the last Badcast:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyvvt75dbjhnixt/NO.mp3?dl=0

Please preview sisters of battle

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I hope the new bigly marine dreadnought a giant baby carrier

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
It's just gonna be a souped up contemptor, heresy tech making a comeback and all.

Wonder if volkite will make a return.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
We just uploaded episode two of Combined Arms Podcast - we talked a bunch about Shadow War Armageddon. Check it out!

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/combinedarms/episodes/2017-05-16T11_43_49-07_00

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What's the Chapter that gets continuously poo poo on and has the worst luck. The Lamentors?

Don't they have barely enough marines to make a full company? It would be awesome if they recieved a boat load of Primaris Bigmars to fill them out and just eventually became an entire Chapter of kickass Bigmars through attrition.

Edit: poo poo, they're a Blood Angels successor Chapter, so would they be on the other side of the warp rift and unable to receive Bigmar reinforcement?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The Sex Cannon posted:

Legion of the Damned, Fallen, and Imperial Knights please!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

AndyElusive posted:

What's the Chapter that gets continuously poo poo on and has the worst luck.

Iron Warriors :ssh:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I'm kinda surprised bigmarines aren't Bulky.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

chutche2 posted:

They fold neatly for easy storage inside of transports

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

They use special Bigmar Bigrhinos to get across the battlefield about one and a half times faster.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I think I'm going to pretend all my marines are bigmars in the game because I like the idea of having tougher, more cinematically badass dudes.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Proxy my little marines for the big daddy marines

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

chutche2 posted:

If they were they'd be more like Termies. Instead they're slowly going to end up as replacement Tacticals. Wouldn't work if they were bulky.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im gonna proxy regular marines as scouts and bigmarines as tacticals

the proxy scouts will hold old scouts as guns

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Primaris Scouts are going to be bigger than oldmarine terminators

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Since they're vat grown we probably won't get bigmarine scouts, which is unfortunate. I'd love to see how dumb those would look.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

chutche2 posted:

Since they're vat grown we probably won't get bigmarine scouts, which is unfortunate. I'd love to see how dumb those would look.

They just wear the same Mark X power armor but run across the battlefield screaming "IGNORE ME"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

chutche2 posted:

Well it doesn't make any sense to have bigmarine dreadnaughts but they're on their way as well.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well it doesn't make any sense to have bigmarine dreadnaughts but they're on their way as well.

They're probably just regular marines only put into bigger fukken dreadnought bodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Preview Squats.

• Locked thread