Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The podcast curse continues to be real: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5x1yL2kGT0

Original the Character is finally canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is the Sonic fandom the next level of furry/brony trash yet, of which mentioning should be punishable? Or is that too far?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I don't think you can call it a curse, news always comes out on tuesdays. Every week.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

havenwaters posted:

The podcast curse continues to be real: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5x1yL2kGT0

I'm shocked it took this long for them to have this idea, given the whole "OC do not steal" Sonic fandom.

Grouchio posted:

Is the Sonic fandom the next level of furry/brony trash yet, of which mentioning should be punishable? Or is that too far?

No one cares.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

havenwaters posted:

I'm surprised it took them this long to do this tbh.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Wooliecam found a wild Liam and put a gun to his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcVZKe_ZRsU

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Wait, how has Woolie never heard of PUBG before? Is it not that big outside of Twitch or is Woolie an idiot?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

H A T T A M posted:

Wait, how has Woolie never heard of PUBG before? Is it not that big outside of Twitch or is Woolie an idiot?

It's a steam-only game, it's very niche outside of the gaming bubble.

I'm more surprised Pat didn't recognize it because he consumes Giantbomb content.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

H A T T A M posted:

Woolie has big blind spots.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I've seen the acronym a couple of times but didn't care enough to look up what it was and didn't know about it until they talked about it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

woolie would probably be the dumb idiot camper who'll sit in a bush for 30 minutes just to get 1 kill and maybe end up top 20 at best

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I guess I was just surprised because a lot of people on my twitter talk about it, a lot of smaller Rocket League streamers that I watch play it, it's huge on twitch, and 60% of my steam list is constantly playing it instead of Rocket League now. I only play two video games and don't pay attention to game news at all besides listening to SBFC.. so when two people who constantly consume video game news and all that hadn't heard of a game that's everywhere around me, I had a genuine "what the actual gently caress" moment.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you didn't know about it before hand the title comes off as either some dumb injoke or the name for someone's mod of a better game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The name is amazing and the purest form of grime

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think they wrote it off as yet another lovely survival game, like a lot of people did. It showed up on my radar after the Giant Bomb video too, otherwise I'd have done the same thing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yakuza 0 is a Miracle playthrough.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I don't seem to be as hyped as Pat and Woolie were playing through the introduction of Persona 5. What is wrong with me?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Grouchio posted:

I don't seem to be as hyped as Pat and Woolie were playing through the introduction of Persona 5. What is wrong with me?

I have an inkling. Also, you saw it before and you're also playing it at your own leisure not needing to react for the Internet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

I have an inkling. Also, you saw it before and you're also playing it at your own leisure not needing to react for the Internet.
So all of their reactions to everything ever have been forced just to make a quick buck? Aren't they genuinely funny people?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Grouchio posted:

So all of their reactions to everything ever have been forced just to make a quick buck? Aren't they genuinely funny people?

That's super hyperbolic; reactions are played up and hearts are worn on their sleeves when making videos, but that's not the same thing as forcing or faking anything out of financial motivation. It's just heightening what's already there to make a more entertaining video.

See also: every stand up comedian ever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Like, I bet them going full-blown YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! is sincere, but sometimes what would be a simple Whoa turns into a Whoa!! for the cameras.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You are not Pat and Woolie, that's the actual answer

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

hoobajoo posted:

That's super hyperbolic; reactions are played up and hearts are worn on their sleeves when making videos, but that's not the same thing as forcing or faking anything out of financial motivation. It's just heightening what's already there to make a more entertaining video.

See also: every stand up comedian ever.
Guess I'm being too cynical for my own good here.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

hoobajoo posted:

That's super hyperbolic; reactions are played up and hearts are worn on their sleeves when making videos, but that's not the same thing as forcing or faking anything out of financial motivation.

Yes, it is. It's their job. They're entertainers.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, I'm not saying it's faked, just that if you know you have other people watching you're gonna play your reactions up to get reactions from other people.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Under the vegetable posted:

Yes, it is. It's their job. They're entertainers.

My point is it's not disingenuous or deceptive for them to be extra animated, that's all. And plus, there are motivations for doing a good job on something beyond just getting paid.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I wonder if they will do an LP of Injustice's 2 story mode. I thought the LP they did of MKX's story was pretty good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I wonder if they will do an LP of Injustice's 2 story mode. I thought the LP they did of MKX's story was pretty good.

Why would you want 9 hours of Pat complaining about superman

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"Those thieving [hispanic] bastards steal anything the moment your back is turned."
[TRUTH] - Woolie Madden, 2017.

I've figured it out, Woolie's previous life was that of an albino cop from Philadelphia and now he is reborn in an ironic twist.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 17, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Tae posted:

Well Superman is evil in Injustice so Pat would be justified for once.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Those thieving [hispanic] bastards steal anything the moment your back is turned."
[TRUTH] - Woolie Madden, 2017.

I've figured it out, Woolie's previous life was that of an albino cop from Philadelphia and now he is reborn in an ironic twist.
Woolie is cursed by the ghost of Uncle Ruckus.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That's a weird thing to say, so maybe don't say it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie is a black dude from the islands that moved to a white as gently caress country, I'm not especially surprised he is good at doing poo poo Racist Cop.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

I just saw the superman ending and I want a playthrough super bad.

Also it's only like 4 hours tops? it's not that long.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

Woolie is a black dude from the islands that moved to a white as gently caress country, I'm not especially surprised he is good at doing poo poo Racist Cop.

This crazy Wakka ride never ends.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Dias posted:

He's already had a bad shoot.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A good poster posted:

He's already had a bad shoot.

#WoolieLivesMatter

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay wait I'm pretty sure I did all the karaoke in Y0 and I have no idea what this special thing Pat's talking about

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Maybe he's talking about wearable Karaoke outfits in combat?
Oh whoops they know about those.

HGH fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tae posted:

I want this a lot