Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

why does top nami keep working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

is that silver

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Because you're playing against idiots

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

top nami is one of my favourite novelty creations and i am glad to see others have found the path to true top lane nirvana

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm having trouble picturing a Nami dealing twice the damage of a Kog'maw.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Pog I'm sorry but I feel like the incredible idea of taking a support toplane for maximum clowncar wackiness was done many moons before you ever thought of it

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
How soon we forget Top Lane Thresh

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Someone link the build order please

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Who even remembers top lane Thresh

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Someone link the build order please

you pretend you're a support. Normally I don't build spellthief's until I can finish FQC but I haven't played top nami in a while and forgot her AA timing so I was missing a lot of CS.

E: also take ignite not TP, that was an accident, TP is terrible on her

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You might wanna read Spellthief's description before taking that item again... :stare:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Taciturn Tactician posted:

you pretend you're a support. Normally I don't build spellthief's until I can finish FQC but I haven't played top nami in a while and forgot her AA timing so I was missing a lot of CS.

E: also take ignite not TP, that was an accident, TP is terrible on her

bah no i dont care about the drat nami game

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Love to build BorK into deathcap

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

Love to build BorK into deathcap

I'm building old grail as last item.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That had to be the most miserable lane I've had in a while. Bot lane as Xayah/Zilean vs a Draven/Blitz duo.

Starting at level 1, Zilean was hooked on cooldown every time he walked into lane. He decided that standing behind creeps was bad so he would walk past them to bomb and get hooked. Over and over.

how the gently caress is he diamond jesus christ

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hey when are they gonna fix mah boi Urgot, he's still fun to play but kinda bad. I want to see him in all his glory

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

him and eve are what they're currently working on i believe

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

frajaq posted:

hey when are they gonna fix mah boi Urgot, he's still fun to play but kinda bad. I want to see him in all his glory

God it was fun ruining AP mids days back in the Long Long Ago with Urgot

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

You might wanna read Spellthief's description before taking that item again... :stare:

no that's what I was saying, normally I don't buy it until FQC because of it turning off, but I was missing CS so :v:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

dont kinkshame

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I saw that once wayyyy back on pre-rework MF when she had on-demand grievous wounds in her kit and someone ran her top against Mundo

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

The best is when you do bad though you have no excuse

I started playing again after like a year hiatus and someone in my newly-placed league of Silver told me "Your rumble mechanics give me eye cancer, did you just get that skin from loot" (I have the SG rumble skin)

I told him as the game was ending "I have hundreds of games on rumble rofl" to which he eloquently responded "..."

The best is when I have time to tell people "actually I grinded this champ to plat" and am telling the truth, as I feed rampantly in silver

It's a descriptors of me, a feeding Jinx and Orianna "main."

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I went 0/10 as jinx

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Pog I'm sorry but I feel like the incredible idea of taking a support toplane for maximum clowncar wackiness was done many moons before you ever thought of it

as soon as the champion was announced i thought it would be really fun to play the champion top lane because of the bounce effect on her w making her a poor mans vladimir top, and her e plus bork would make her the stickiest autoattacker on the planet

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
When Nami was released she was played as a support in like 10% of her games, optimistically. Not because she was good elsewhere but because no one wanted to play support.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I know that everyone constantly complains about Riot loving over their champion/role, but support has gotten so much better since I started playing. If they flipped a switch and sent support back to its season 3 state I would just quit.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

nami has natural synergy with support because supports often ward the river, but she is also good at jungling because you can fight the crab to get gold and experience.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Her W gives her added power in a 2v2 lane but her laugh spam makes her a natural solo laner

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

I know that everyone constantly complains about Riot loving over their champion/role, but support has gotten so much better since I started playing. If they flipped a switch and sent support back to its season 3 state I would just quit.

yes but "supports can't carry"

seeing as how i literally in real time watched you drag yourself from silver to plat playing support, lmao

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

Her W gives her added power in a 2v2 lane but her laugh spam makes her a natural solo laner

I disagree. Her laugh spam buffs her support role because since she doesn't have to CS, she can spend more time laugh spamming instead.

I once had a bot game where the enemy soraka spammed her "Yes that is a horn growing out of my head" emote for about 20 minutes straight.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

otoh i enjoyed supporting in s3 way more than i do now because everyone was so bad and hated it that being good at support made u a god.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

otoh i enjoyed supporting in s3 way more than i do now because everyone was so bad and hated it that being good at support made u a god.
The only thing I really miss is coming to lane with 3 green and 2 pink wards and fighting the other support to the death for brush control.

e: i also miss 12 pot start karthus but that's not support related

e2: i also miss the month between thresh being released and everyone realizing he was hyper broken where i could win lane just by autoattacking the adc over and over and i had like a 90% win rate

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

misguided rage posted:

The only thing I really miss is coming to lane with 3 green and 2 pink wards and fighting the other support to the death for brush control.

e: i also miss 12 pot start karthus but that's not support related

i miss being janna and having my inventory consist of a pick a turtle shell mobis and 3 stacks of wards

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tales of Woe posted:

For what it's worth Taliyah is a champ that needs a ton of practice to be able to play well. I think only Azir is more difficult in the mage category. She has a bunch of her power budget funneled into map movement and a tiny vector-cast skillshot which can be hard things to maximize.

Got in a couple more Taliyah games, and she seems fun as hell the more I get to play her. Had a game where a Diana and a Yasuo pretty much killed themselves diving me under tower through my e, tanking tower shots while I hit zhonya, then taking my e some more. I still struggle with the timing on her ult — by which I mean the minimum time between minion combat and being able to ult to a side lane — but dear christ her mobility all game long is just nuts. You can shove and roam so easy! She's loads of fun.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Addamere posted:

Got in a couple more Taliyah games, and she seems fun as hell the more I get to play her. Had a game where a Diana and a Yasuo pretty much killed themselves diving me under tower through my e, tanking tower shots while I hit zhonya, then taking my e some more. I still struggle with the timing on her ult — by which I mean the minimum time between minion combat and being able to ult to a side lane — but dear christ her mobility all game long is just nuts. You can shove and roam so easy! She's loads of fun.

Yeah, she is pretty much the only champ that I can remember instantly taking a liking too and adopting almost immediately after she was released. You've should have seen the incarnation of her where one level 1 Q can wipe out a minion wave if you got it to hit right, it was nuts.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah, she is pretty much the only champ that I can remember instantly taking a liking too and adopting almost immediately after she was released. You've should have seen the incarnation of her where one level 1 Q can wipe out a minion wave if you got it to hit right, it was nuts.

Wow, that's absurd. Her farming is still pretty easy, though, especially once you have all your buttons. She just has so many options at any given moment, and it feels like she probably has significant nuance and skill ceiling.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I got all hyped when they said "Udyr Buffs!" in their little patch preview thingo.

Then I saw that the "buff" was completely pointless and not at all the issue Udyr runs into. Oh well, at least they're trying I guess.

:ninja: P.S. The real solution is give him a slightly large base HP growth and give E a slow resist/immunity to prevent literally any slow in the game from turning him into a melee minion

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
'Let's give a melee champ with one weakness a way to ignore that weakness with 85-90% uptime'

Hmmm 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

So uh it turns out that the rift herald's fancy new attacks mean that you can hit the eye while solo'ing. I've only tried it as nunu but it is straight up easier to kill than dragon. I wouldn't be surprised if kha/vi/other good single target champs could solo it pretty easily.

Nunu can also duo the baron with zero trouble as soon as it spawns, so yeah. Nunu p good.

• Locked thread