Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I dunno, may not have as much lapis when Rikku drops but honestly storing 20 Reberta TM moogles and other TM moogles in hopes of pulling future 5 stars isn't such a bad idea. Kinda wish I could do this myself without destroying my lapis reserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

I dunno, may not have as much lapis when Rikku drops but honestly storing 20 Reberta TM moogles and other TM moogles in hopes of pulling future 5 stars isn't such a bad idea. Kinda wish I could do this myself without destroying my lapis reserves.

20 slots for TM moogles is only 400 lapis so its not a huge cost

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PDQ Law posted:

Won't trigger as in the quest won't start or as in the thieves in Mysidia Underground - Exploration don't show up?
If it won't start, did you run Snowy Woods - Exploration and get Flamering key 6 which gives the Yakei katana?
If the thieves in Mysidia Underground don't show up, did you talk to both the girl and an old woman in Sorcerer's Hideaway?

I missed talking to the old woman in Sorcerer's Hideaway after starting the quest, so I had to re-run Mysidia Underground to encounter the thieves after doing that.

turns out i missed the old woman in sorcerer's hideaway too! everything is working now, thanks

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cool, got Firion today. Guess I'll be swapping out Sozhe for him. His extra damage versus certain species bonuses are pretty wild!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Finished my first draco spike yesterday evening and working on my second one today. Got a lucky burst of like 5 draco spikes over 100 rolls.

I love these events. They should honestly have one of these 5% moogle raids/exploration events going on at all times. Every two weeks just switch it out for another one.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Yay, got zyrus. Now if only his moogle wasn't super rare.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Ground out the last of my missions for Lapis, just enough for an 11 pull.

Got Reberta. Whoo, I have someone that can chain well now.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Got ExDeath this morning on my daily half.

Might not be much to most of you guys, but it's actually my first (non Arianna) decent mage so I'm kind of stoked. Finally someone to use in Arenas against dodge assholes.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

arisu posted:

Got ExDeath this morning on my daily half.

Might not be much to most of you guys, but it's actually my first (non Arianna) decent mage so I'm kind of stoked. Finally someone to use in Arenas against dodge assholes.

I have a stable of five trees for when I decide to level them all up and hit a team with 10x meteor every turn

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
When I get the 10% moogle in 100k pts I will be 1.3% short of my first dual wield, which will be my first TMR not from event characters.

Now if only I had someone who would benefit from 2x gungnirs. Because of how his atk% skills work, equipping them on Noctis is actually a loss in atk compared to my other, non-TMR, weapon choices.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

WebDO posted:

I have a stable of five trees for when I decide to level them all up and hit a team with 10x meteor every turn

My team is 4 ExDeath and a Cod with Golem Staff. Typically 3 Meteor is enough to take out most teams, 4x if you need it, and Golem Staff is the hail mary play when your ExDeaths get wrecked by the AI using good skills.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
God I hate this games PVP (PVAI I guess). Its so stupid and random, and whaletastic.

On the bright side, The raid daily giving an added bonus, however miniscule, feels good. Dunno why.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 16, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm whiffing hard on this banner (and the free daily). Probably about 25-30 pulls and no banner gold unit. Only 2 golds were Agrias and Gaff. Not bad golds, but it's Gaff #4 and I already have 2 Bracers done and at least Agrias #8 and I made a StQ. Got a 3rd Cecil as a blue of value. Sitting on 190k raid coins hoping to at least pull the gold before I start piling up moogles.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

KDdidit posted:

I'm whiffing hard on this banner (and the free daily). Probably about 25-30 pulls and no banner gold unit. Only 2 golds were Agrias and Gaff. Not bad golds, but it's Gaff #4 and I already have 2 Bracers done and at least Agrias #8 and I made a StQ. Got a 3rd Cecil as a blue of value. Sitting on 190k raid coins hoping to at least pull the gold before I start piling up moogles.

I probably should have just squated on the raid coins until I got the mage so I didn't waste any moogles, but then again, I never really got a lot for him and made keeping them a priority over the 5* unit's moogles. Hopefully will still get to 100% before the end of the end of the event.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

KDdidit posted:

...hoping to at least pull the gold before I start piling up moogles.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I managed to pull a Ramza while hunting for banner gold.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I pulled Shine today, my only gold so far.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shoenin posted:

God I hate this games PVP (PVAI I guess). Its so stupid and random, and whaletastic.

On the bright side, The raid daily giving an added bonus, however miniscule, feels good. Dunno why.

speaking of whaletastic today my winning streak got broken by a team that should not have been around rank 30k, which was three dark fine and two white knight noel. they sure did have a ton of hit points and counter me to death

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I love this huge pile of mats I have for gear that you can only make one of, and all suck horribly.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I don't know where the rest of you are at on the individual rewards list but I'm down to the last two rewards and spent 1 refresh on orbs which was because it was 4am and I was 1300 rank exp from leveling and didn't want that to potentially go to waste on the game randomly crashing during the night while macroing. We're not even half finished with the event either.

What I'm saying is, these raid events are the best.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

I don't know where the rest of you are at on the individual rewards list but I'm down to the last two rewards and spent 1 refresh on orbs which was because it was 4am and I was 1300 rank exp from leveling and didn't want that to potentially go to waste on the game randomly crashing during the night while macroing. We're not even half finished with the event either.

What I'm saying is, these raid events are the best.

I'm not quite that far, but all I have left are the pots and crysts. Which I will easily get.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I was worried during the FF14 event that I wouldn't get them all since I couldn't do Elite Ifrit but now I'm halfway through the ability awakening mats and yeah, the event isn't even half over yet! I do wish the rewards were better, or even allowed multiple items to be crafted. I'd craft a few just to use as backup gear. I've got a friend who just pulled Olive though so he'll love the dragon gun (when he can finally afford to craft it :v: )

I did finally get a lucky break and get a DracoSpike too. Just took about 5 complete Crimson Bloods of trash moogles!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
My Olive is loving the raid gun! Which will be useful for as long as it takes her to finish up her 97% TM. :v:

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I've only got 4 Crysts left. I like that I can macro guilt free since the raid doesn't take energy, and so far raid pulls have gotten me 2 gungnirs, 1 Draco spike, allowed me to get Aileen to max level and get Titan to almost max 1 star.

If I time it right Noctis, Aileen, TG Cid and friend TG Cid can make a 40 element chain. It's nice and with a good friend I can break 10 million on Bahamut.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Just got the last moogle I needed for my Dragon Lady to complete her TM. Putting her up as my friend unit, 760~ ATK with all the Dragon Killer I could load on her (Odin, TM Spear, Event Spear, Materia). She can't kill bahamut in two turns but she takes off a fair chunk (60% or so) of his health and is in the air during MegaFlare so that should help anyone who might possible need help during this event. Probably less effective than my Olive for people who can chain off Setzers or Edgars but she's just so darn nifty :allears:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

What is your Arena team?

How far along in the single player are you?

For a while I used a character with Dual Wield and Barrage with the Golem Staff, but now I chain Ultimas with Trance Terra and Dark Fina, with Ling inflicting status effects or breaking.

You could get a similar result with the aforementioned Golem Staff strategy and some mages to chain -aga spells. You'll hit the damage cap pretty quickly. This is also the strategy I used to clear the Colosseum before I had any overpowered units.

As long as you go first, you should be fine.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm not quite that far, but all I have left are the pots and crysts. Which I will easily get.

Same.

I wish the raid Gacha had a chance for actual units and not just Trust Moogles...

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What is your Arena team?

How far along in the single player are you?

For a while I used a character with Dual Wield and Barrage with the Golem Staff, but now I chain Ultimas with Trance Terra and Dark Fina, with Ling inflicting status effects or breaking.

You could get a similar result with the aforementioned Golem Staff strategy and some mages to chain -aga spells. You'll hit the damage cap pretty quickly. This is also the strategy I used to clear the Colosseum before I had any overpowered units.

As long as you go first, you should be fine.

Same.

I wish the raid Gacha had a chance for actual units and not just Trust Moogles...

Also converting unit specific moogles to regular, good moogles comes when?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I only just recently got the first summon ticket before the crystal mats from running PRO exclusively. I really don't know if I want those mats. I might get them as slow and steady wins the race, but I'm still only under 3million gil, so one of 2 would wipe me out quickly.

As for Arena does the opponent you choose effect anything other than the tickets you get for the board? I haven't seen any difference fighting a lvl 29 with a .90 vs a 110 with a 1.03. One gives me 9 tickets vs the others 10.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, the ratio of your Arena opponent is how many medals you get for a win x10.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Ok then I am doing it right by picking off the low hanging fruit "easy prey" low level high ratio opponents

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Just got the last moogle I needed for my Dragon Lady to complete her TM. Putting her up as my friend unit, 760~ ATK with all the Dragon Killer I could load on her (Odin, TM Spear, Event Spear, Materia). She can't kill bahamut in two turns but she takes off a fair chunk (60% or so) of his health and is in the air during MegaFlare so that should help anyone who might possible need help during this event. Probably less effective than my Olive for people who can chain off Setzers or Edgars but she's just so darn nifty :allears:

Put a Holy weapon on her so she can sexy time element chain with mine. :D

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Am I supposed to reroll after I finish the Earth Shrine if I get lovely units from the rare summons I get to start with? Right now they've got a 200k likes thing going for a free summon, and I have a 250 lapis summon and 10 rare summon tickets.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Mystery Prize posted:

Am I supposed to reroll after I finish the Earth Shrine if I get lovely units from the rare summons I get to start with? Right now they've got a 200k likes thing going for a free summon, and I have a 250 lapis summon and 10 rare summon tickets.

Yeah. Try to see if you have the patience to reroll until you get 2 good rainbows, but even one really good rainbow is something you can build your team around.

Orlandeau, Olive, Freyvia, Aileen, and Noctis are really solid units that can carry you through most content. That new dragon lady Reberta is supposed to be pretty good too, but she's a bit harder to use.

Other good units to look for are Refia (probably best healer you'll have access to right now), Marie (best support), Setzer and Chizuru (these two are real good chainers with duplicates of themselves), Cecil (only 3 star but a damned good tank), Firion (super solid DPS unit at only 3 star base) and many others. Check the unit ranking list on Brave Exevus website or something.

You'll also want a few good trust master units, guys you won't necessarily use but have must-have trust masteries. Zidane, Shine, Chizuru (though Chiz is pretty solid herself), and a few more.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Great; I've rerolled like eight times and have never seen a 5 star, so I thought I might be doing something wrong :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Burned 6 tickets, got Zyrus. :toot:

Also finished my Firion TM though I doubt I'll make much use of it. If nothing else, this event will give me up to 6 Gungnirs (since I only have 6 Kains atm) which will ensure any spear-wielders I have will never lack a decent weapon I guess.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Mystery Prize posted:

Great; I've rerolled like eight times and have never seen a 5 star, so I thought I might be doing something wrong :v:

No, they're just insanely rare.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
It's a shame we can't get Bahamut passed level 25. 2k coins for an elite run is pretty fuckin' neato.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Burned 6 tickets, got Zyrus. :toot:

Also finished my Firion TM though I doubt I'll make much use of it. If nothing else, this event will give me up to 6 Gungnirs (since I only have 6 Kains atm) which will ensure any spear-wielders I have will never lack a decent weapon I guess.

Firion's TMR is decent for healers/support since it lets you use stuff like Flame Mail. -50% Fire Resist for a materia slot is a great trade IMO, effectively 50% HP vs dudes who spam el fuego.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Firion's TMR is decent for healers/support since it lets you use stuff like Flame Mail. -50% Fire Resist for a materia slot is a great trade IMO, effectively 50% HP vs dudes who spam el fuego.

Between that and equip Shield, my refia is usually invulnerable to whatever Elemental damage an event is dishing out.

Think outside the defensive box, my friends.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

arisu posted:

Yeah. Try to see if you have the patience to reroll until you get 2 good rainbows, but even one really good rainbow is something you can build your team around.

Orlandeau, Olive, Freyvia, Aileen, and Noctis are really solid units that can carry you through most content. That new dragon lady Reberta is supposed to be pretty good too, but she's a bit harder to use.

Other good units to look for are Refia (probably best healer you'll have access to right now), Marie (best support), Setzer and Chizuru (these two are real good chainers with duplicates of themselves), Cecil (only 3 star but a damned good tank), Firion (super solid DPS unit at only 3 star base) and many others. Check the unit ranking list on Brave Exevus website or something.

You'll also want a few good trust master units, guys you won't necessarily use but have must-have trust masteries. Zidane, Shine, Chizuru (though Chiz is pretty solid herself), and a few more.

The one reason I'll say that Reberta is a good 5* to roll now is that you can get carried through PRO raid by anyone, which will eventually net you enough trust moogles to get her TM. The Raid itself has another spear for her to use should you pull a Zidane and start your TM farm.

Pulling anyone else is going to mean you'll need to grind their TM for them from the ground up which will take a long time. Being able to knock her TM out quickly will make her useful much faster than anyone else that you're throwing random junk on.

Orlandu for instance is still good without Excalibur but that's where his damage increases a lot from. Same with Aileen, Olive, and Freyvia. Reberta doesn't need her AS badly as those do but it's still the best in slot item for her and being able to get that quickly will make her a lot more useful early on.

However I'd still agree that pulling a Refia and just about any rainbow(not Queen, Delita, or Ace(and actually probably not Ramza either although he will get useful you really want your 5* to be ATK oriented)) is a good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Looks like the type 0 king mog event is indeed next.

• Locked thread