Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Single payer now, also a portrait of Andey in every hospital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Everyone in the hospital dies every January and no successful night surgeries

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Spoeank posted:

Everyone in the hospital dies every January and no successful night surgeries

Still somehow better than our current system

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Speaking of hospitals... This is the five year anniversary of my wife (then girlfriend) being discharged from the hospital after being in the icu for a week, getting surgery, and being in non-icu for 4 days with sepsis and a staph infection sitting on her heart

She had health insurance otherwise it would be a six-figure debt for us. :toot:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a patagonian cavy posted:

Single payer now, also a portrait of Andey in every hospital

Guys I came as fast as I can to make a no prime time And-... :argh:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

Speaking of hospitals... This is the five year anniversary of my wife (then girlfriend) being discharged from the hospital after being in the icu for a week, getting surgery, and being in non-icu for 4 days with sepsis and a staph infection sitting on her heart

She had health insurance otherwise it would be a six-figure debt for us. :toot:
I didn't know your wife worked for the Browns

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

lol if you didn't have knee surgery in your mid-20s.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Kalli you have the same twitter header as me :stare:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

I didn't know your wife worked for the Browns

don't gently caress around with the MRSA, man.

Luckily it wasn't MRSA or she'd be flat dead right now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Kalli you have the same twitter header as me :stare:

Weird, I'm pretty sure mine's just because I had that image in my important pictures folder on my work pc

Also it's weird as hell that every single time you tweet at anyone with a large following you get followed by random bots

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 16, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chromatic posted:

you have mariota

What is getting hard going to do for my irony poisoning

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I realized while watching wrestling last night that as a thin framed person, my ceiling is Finn Balor. That's the new goal. About to get hella beef cut, y'all.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I regularly bowl a 45

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
My wife and I decided to watch 13 Reasons Why on Netflix because our kids were talking about it because their classmates were talking about it and it's becoming this huge thing so we felt we had to educate ourselves on it. Wow. It was an extremely frustrating show to get through and as a parent I am frightened at how much attention this is getting. I was just reading some school district in Colorado had 7 kids commit suicide? The "scene" was graphic and brutal and it really just made me want to hug my kids...I cannot even imagine :(

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I watched Gone with the Wind for the first time in two decades and I never realized how whitewashed that movie was when I was a kid

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

My wife and I decided to watch 13 Reasons Why on Netflix because our kids were talking about it because their classmates were talking about it and it's becoming this huge thing so we felt we had to educate ourselves on it. Wow. It was an extremely frustrating show to get through and as a parent I am frightened at how much attention this is getting. I was just reading some school district in Colorado had 7 kids commit suicide? The "scene" was graphic and brutal and it really just made me want to hug my kids...I cannot even imagine :(

Haven't seen it or know what that scene is, but after reading the synopsis, oof.

Teen suicide rates have been pretty steady for awhile, and lower then you'd probably think compared to any other age range, but teens are also typically unable to get guns, so tend to fail suicide attempts more then any other group. Apparently teenagers attempt suicide about 25 times per success, whereas older adults are down at like 4:1.

Blitz7x posted:

I watched Gone with the Wind for the first time in two decades and I never realized how whitewashed that movie was when I was a kid

Haven't seen it in at least 25 years, let me guess, the parts where she's walking through Atlanta in particular?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

Haven't seen it or know what that scene is, but after reading the synopsis, oof.

Teen suicide rates have been pretty steady for awhile, and lower then you'd probably think compared to any other age range, but teens are also typically unable to get guns, so tend to fail suicide attempts more then any other group. Apparently teenagers attempt suicide about 25 times per success, whereas older adults are down at like 4:1.

I was glad in a way that the scene was as graphic and awful as it was because it almost felt like they were glorifying suicide in certain ways, the character was pretty nonchalant about the whole idea. Hopefully it detracts someone who was thinking otherwise. The show though was basically 13 people I blame for doing this, which was frustrating. I do think it painted a pretty good picture of what life is like after suicide with everyone blaming everyone else and all the what if's that happen. It's just frightening because you can't help but put your kid in those shoes and it's just terrible to think about.

When I was a FF/Medic, we had a lot of suicide related calls and you can basically narrow it down to two groups. 1) People who kill themselves and 2) People who need attention. I think most teens fall into that latter group.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The hospital scene in gone with the wind is absolutely incredible and it's nuts they pulled it off back then.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The two big complaints I have heard about the series is that the suicide ends up "solving" the situation she was a victim of, and that it largely ignored the role mental illness tends to play in most teen suicides for the romantic idea of suicide as being an expression of identifiable tragedy

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The two big complaints I have heard about the series is that the suicide ends up "solving" the situation she was a victim of, and that it largely ignored the role mental illness tends to play in most teen suicides for the romantic idea of suicide as being an expression of identifiable tragedy

Yeah, it doesn't really go into the mental anguish side of it at all. Like, she went through some typical high school poo poo that sent her down the path, then some not so typical high school poo poo at the end that really set her off, but it just felt like she was very blase about the whole thing and like it wasn't this huge decision to her. It was...odd.

Like I said though, I do think it did a pretty good job of the cluster gently caress that is the aftermath of a suicide and how it really impacts everyone but the victim.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm going to kill myself if the dolphins don't win the super bowl this year

you guys please make a Netflix series about it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Welcome to your tape, Miami Dolphins

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My fiancee wrote a article about 13 Reasons Why that ended up on Hello Giggles. She is a child and adolescent psychologist, so the article is written for that crowd, but its still a good read. Have your children read it to if they watch the show!

http://hellogiggles.com/adolescent-psychologist-lessons-13-reasons-why/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

I'm going to kill myself if the dolphins don't win the super bowl this year

you guys please make a Netflix series about it

13 Reasons Why Ryan Tannehill Is Not A Top Ten QB

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

13 Reasons Why Ryan Tannehill Is Not A Top Ten QB

Tape 1, Side A : loving retire already, Tom!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
:-( Ehud

I'll sprinkle your ashes over snowflakes tank

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Laces Out Dan: The Ehud Tragedy

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yall Comey made a memo about how Trump called him to the oval office and asked him to quit investigating the whole Michael Flynn thing

The memo was made because Comey thought it was improper of the president to influence an active investigation

Comey just dad-dicked the President of the United States

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

Yall Comey made a memo about how Trump called him to the oval office and asked him to quit investigating the whole Michael Flynn thing

The memo was made because Comey thought it was improper of the president to influence an active investigation

Comey just dad-dicked the President of the United States
Oh poo poo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's kind of fascinating how bad Trump is at corruption.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Well he seems to be pretty good at the actual corruption. Just bad at the cover-up part of things.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Nothing matters till 2018, and then it will only matter if Democrats take both houses of congress. R's give no fucks about anything.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Kalli posted:

My best guess is he thought he could get away with everything since getting away with poo poo is what he's done his entire career. In his pure stupidity and hubris, he didn't consider that being president means everyone's eyes are on you for every possible reason. Somehow, making a to-do about everything Obama did didn't register in his brain.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

PRINT THE SHIRTS: The Ehud Tragedy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
JESUS CHRIST I LITERALLY PUT MY PHONE DOWN FOR AN HOUR TO GO TO A LUNCH MEETING

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

lmao trump is such a dumb dumb

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dr. Sam Beckett leaped into James Comey's body the moment after real Comey said "hey we're still investigating Hillary"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Someone call bakula. This special needs to happen!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Flikken posted:

Nothing matters till 2018, and then it will only matter if Democrats take both houses of congress.

hah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The funny thing is there is a real clear blueprint for the Republicans to come out on top but they won't do it. Find a moderate Republican and make him the anti-Trump crusader. Have him point out all the fiscal irresponsibility, the danger to our intelligence agencies etc. Even if Trump stays in office, have him be a primary challenger in the next election. Unless the Dems field an Obama level candidate in terms of excitement, they would win handily.

• Locked thread