Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

23 months ago today Donald Trump descended the Escalator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Baloogan posted:

yeah firing comey was a mistake, he was in with the deep state

Even Bannon was wise enough to know to not jam his dick in that bear trap. sheesh

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

theres a reason they say that the two things you never want to see being made are sausages and laws

meat industry regulators gotta be real sad all the time

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

I haven't gotten a loving thing done since January 20th

lol i used to play video games

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, luckily trompf has those secret recordings that he mentioned, which will surely clear him from all of these fake news claims....

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Trump's first direction to his new lackey FBI Director will be: "arrest James Comey".

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Turns out Comey was a loving hero all along who risked it all with a brilliant gambit to save us first from Hilldawg and now from Tmurp.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JacksonDiehl/status/864603972736307201

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just thought about the philippines slave story again and got sad, gently caress

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

https://twitter.com/Sad1249Sydney/status/864604499457044480

:3:

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
y'all gonna get fired

TRUMP

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

fan fiction tweets have begun

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lawsages

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

23 months ago today Donald Trump descended the Escalator.

i hope he's indicted by the two year anniversary and i can throw a kegger

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dolash posted:

I think the Comey and Russian Intel Leak stories both have the weakness that the President is technically allowed to do both of those things even if the worst interpretation is true. Trump is free to declassify anything even if his reason is "I feel like impressing some Russian ambassador" and he's free to fire the FBI director at any time even if his stated reason is to stop an investigation into himself. He's basically said as much already about both stories so I don't know why we're even still going through the motions of investigation with memos and testimony to confirm what Trump says freely in an interview, those are actions for an administration in denial which this is not.

The problem is that the check or balance that's supposed to discourage a President from doing these things even if they technically can is purely whether Congress will move on them, which they won't, because they don't care compared to getting a big fat tax cut. They barely need any cover at all, they can just keep saying it's "troubling" and endure the national humiliation because their voters are locked in and they're going to make so much money that it doesn't matter what polite society thinks of them. There is no endgame, no meaningful leverage against a united Republican government and no way to break that unity regardless of what Trump does.

They're basically just national entertainment at this point, a spectacle that shows every day how hollow the institutions and structures of American government are by not actually leading to any action. Our tolerance has gotten so high that what should be an administration-destroying scandal of incompetence will die down after 24 hours, because we're inured.

sir this is a bank, rob us or leave

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://i.imgur.com/Nu9Y31e.gifv

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I am willing to bet it includes notes on Trump discussing his electoral votes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So when this ends the way you all know deep down in your hearts it's going to, who's buying the shirt

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Heaven Spacey posted:

Turns out Comey was a loving hero all along who risked it all with a brilliant gambit to save us first from Hilldawg and now from Tmurp.

can you imagine how much harder it would be to impeach the iron abuela!?! this is the best possible timeline and it's just taken us this long to see it

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
i'm just sayin', would u doxx urself that something was gonna matter??

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao hes hosed

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

So when this ends the way you all know deep down in your hearts it's going to, who's buying the shirt

will sell more than any ken bone sweater

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

jarofpiss posted:

our mortal bodies weren't built to handle these g forces!!!!

this thread is our gravity couch

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Huckabee blocked me so I can't make another dog murder joke

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh who am i kidding, nothing matters

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Made By Assholes, Of Assholes, For Assholes

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hes always left paper trails to protect himself per something, i dont remember at this point, prob some article

anyway this is gonna get better and better

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Can I get my Trump Tower gang tag back pls??

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Office Pig posted:

sir this is a bank, rob us or leave

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Rosenstein has only been in the admin for three weeks, the gently caress would he know

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

anyway, what the hell is this

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
are the memos with the piss tape

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

D1E posted:

Trump's first direction to his new lackey FBI Director will be: "arrest James Comey".

lol good luck finding somebody to do this job now

he's got people openly and loudly turning it down left and right already and that was before we found out pages and pages of internal memos on trump's unprofessional and incriminating behavior are about to leak

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Squizzle posted:

hes always left paper trails to protect himself per something, i dont remember at this point, prob some article

anyway this is gonna get better and better

this is a good idea for anyone working in any kind of state or corporate environment btw

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I never thought after all these years I'd die next to an FBI lawyer but well here we are

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

:eyepop:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
My aunt has a betting pool going on how Trump will last in office. I originally said 4 years and if asked now I'd double down on nothing mattering.

It's hell of a ride though. Trump is a master of reality tv.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

triple sulk posted:

oh who am i kidding, nothing matters

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The thing I like about this scandal, as opposed to the Russia collision theory, is that Trump's already admitted to all of it by bragging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Dolash posted:

I think the Comey and Russian Intel Leak stories both have the weakness that the President is technically allowed to do both of those things even if the worst interpretation is true. Trump is free to declassify anything even if his reason is "I feel like impressing some Russian ambassador" and he's free to fire the FBI director at any time even if his stated reason is to stop an investigation into himself. He's basically said as much already about both stories so I don't know why we're even still going through the motions of investigation with memos and testimony to confirm what Trump says freely in an interview, those are actions for an administration in denial which this is not.

The problem is that the check or balance that's supposed to discourage a President from doing these things even if they technically can is purely whether Congress will move on them, which they won't, because they don't care compared to getting a big fat tax cut. They barely need any cover at all, they can just keep saying it's "troubling" and endure the national humiliation because their voters are locked in and they're going to make so much money that it doesn't matter what polite society thinks of them. There is no endgame, no meaningful leverage against a united Republican government and no way to break that unity regardless of what Trump does.

They're basically just national entertainment at this point, a spectacle that shows every day how hollow the institutions and structures of American government are by not actually leading to any action. Our tolerance has gotten so high that what should be an administration-destroying scandal of incompetence will die down after 24 hours, because we're inured.

how about no

• Locked thread