Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
idk if this is even the thread for it but they announced the deal with airing the UK special this morning and I have seen zero people talking about it; I didn't know about it until they said it during Raw. It will air 3pm EST/8pm GMT on Friday

quote:

The WWE announced today that the debut of the WWE United Kingdom show will be a special airing on Friday, not Thursday night as was originally reported, this week.

Because the top two matches on the show have to do with the NXT TakeOver special on Saturday, they had to air earlier. The show will debut at 3 p.m. Friday Eastern time, which makes sense because that would be prime time in the U.K., the key market. There will be an 8 p.m. replay on Friday night.

Jim Ross and Nigel McGuinness will be doing studio voice overs of the matches taped on May 7th in Norwich, England.

Announced for the show is Tyler Bate vs. Mark Andrews for the U.K. title, and Pete Dunne vs. Trent Seven for the top contender position. WWE has already announced Bate vs. Dunne as the match for TakeOver: Chicago on May 20th. Reports were that both of these matches were excellent.

The other matches that will air will be Rich Swann & Dan Moloney vs. Brian Kendrick & TJP, and Wolfgang vs. Joseph Conners.

(to be clear; Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate was announced already so definitely not a spoiler to talk about here, but ideally avoid discussing the results of the other matches)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Io to WWE. Yep, rip stardom.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Edit. Wrong thread.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

As a referee for the Women's tournament/NXT https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/864256118100344833

There's talk of the Women's Tournament having an all-female presence with Kennadi Brink being looked at as a referee - names mentioned as announcers were Renee Young and Charly Caruso, maybe using Lita or Beth Phoenix, or even Bayley or Charlotte as announcers.

She's a decent enough worker and a really good heel. Wonder if they're thinking of transitioning her to a wrestler later on?

If they're doing a female announcer I hope they hire Veda Scott. I can't imagine any of the names listed not killing the show dead. Renee was decent enough as the third person on the announce team in NXT, but she was there to provide a different point of view, not to provide wrestling knowledge. Portia Perez works OK in Shimmer, but Veda comes across as far more professionally polished.

Renee as the host, JR or Tom Phillips as the play by play man and Veda as colour commentator is probably the best we can realistically hope for.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just do Renee Young and Daniel Bryan as commentary. Proven combination, imo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Proven to be bad at commentary yeah

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MotU posted:

satan owns, idiot

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Don't get me wrong I think Satan is a hell of a hand, but he never played on Sunday like Riddick & Tino

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I am hoping for Beth Phoenix or Molly Holly for color commentator.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DM Punk posted:

I am hoping for Beth Phoenix or Molly Holly for color commentator.
One hour past the opening match Beth Phoenix is still giving her HoF speech from April

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VJeff posted:

Just do Renee Young and Daniel Bryan as commentary. Proven combination, imo.
They are good on Talking Smack, but I watched enough early NXT to know that Renee is not a good commentator

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Make Sasha the sole commentator Joey Styles... um... style.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

They are good on Talking Smack, but I watched enough early NXT to know that Renee is not a good commentator
she's fine, or maybe just sounded better because Rich Brennan and Alex Riley were very bad

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v25iaSxIkg

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is anything gonna happen tonight or is it all Takeover video packages

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ohno/almas

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Drew's eye gon get swole

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

EY/Roddy for Saturday, that's cool

Also, I can't figure out why you'd change the name of someone you already introduced in storyline. Daria Baranatto is a better name than Sonya whatever.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Go RV! posted:

EY/Roddy for Saturday, that's cool

Also, I can't figure out why you'd change the name of someone you already introduced in storyline. Daria Baranatto is a better name than Sonya whatever.

Isn't Daria her shoot name? Maybe they just wanted something to trademark.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tyler Bate looks like he's aged 8 years since growing out that beard

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Takeover theme songs always suck except for Babymetal

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Takeover theme songs always suck except for Babymetal

Ghost owns too otherwise agreed

e: tbh the Fozzy song isn't awful

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Normally I roll my eyes at Local Sports Pandering but I can't hate Ohno rocking a retro Magic jersey

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Plans change https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/854849288538439680

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Benne posted:

Normally I roll my eyes at Local Sports Pandering but I can't hate Ohno rocking a retro Magic jersey

His Indy tights he had pretty much every NBA team in history.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Good episode. Too bad Hideo will never be NXT champion.

Lacey & Sonya are already better than Liv/Aliyah. They took the four horsewomen & Nia out of NXT and didn't put any other woman on TV. We got stuck with Liv & Aliyah. What a sad time for everyone.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That was a good episode, and I like how Asuka's gimmick seems to be her being a two-faced rear end in a top hat. Can't wait to see how she acts if she retains at Takeover: Chicago. Shame that Itami will probably lose.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 18, 2017

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I like the little indy references Nigel sprinkles in sometimes.
It sucks that Daria lost her cool name but at least she got to keep her cool music.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Lacey & Sonya are already better than Liv/Aliyah. They took the four horsewomen & Nia out of NXT and didn't put any other woman on TV. We got stuck with Liv & Aliyah. What a sad time for everyone.

Sonya and Lacey had like 3 TV matches combined and I already care about them more than I ever cared about Liv/Aliyah.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Was that reverse tornado ddt no-sell planned? Good match but I need to see my man Andrade get some Ws.

And Hideo better win tbqh

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 18, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Also yeah I never saw Lacey before but she kept step with Sonya, promising talents

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I couldn't hear if anybody yelled COME ON when Roode mentioned the cost of his suit, that would be a good chant

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Sonya needs better music. Something to make her feel more like a legit fighter.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I like the little indy references Nigel sprinkles in sometimes.
It sucks that Daria lost her cool name but at least she got to keep her cool music.

That was her real name. Apparently she needed a gimmick name.

Re. the final brawl: announcers did a poor job selling Roode's hipocracy (how he was telling Hideo that he didn't want to fight before security came out, then yelled at him for being a coward for not getting in the ring when security held him back. I personally would have made it so Bobby Roode had hired personal security, to help build his thing of being rich, an rear end in a top hat, and a bit cowardly when it comes down to it. This way they could have actually attacked Hideo as well, rather than Hideo just kind of looking like a dick for hitting them.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wazzu posted:

That was her real name. Apparently she needed a gimmick name.

I know but her real name is a good wrestling name. It's Liv Morgan all over again.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Y'all care about names too much.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No one asked you, finch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I would really like Hideo to win but it feels like he's gotten the best of Bobby at every turn so I'm expecting him to get hosed out of the belt somehow.

I absolutely love what they're doing with Asuka. Her being a huge rear end in a top hat in the car, then pandering to the fans, then being all,"Jesus Christ :rolleyes:" after walking away was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The crowd could not give less of a poo poo about Itami in that final bit. Zero reaction.

• Locked thread