Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

RatHat posted:

Patch just came out for PS4 that fixes the input lag, along with all the bugfixes and stuff that was in the PC patch. Game feels so much better now(hacking isn't very hard anymore!).

Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Truecon420 posted:

Does the ending change if you do only human neuromods? Is there even extra dialogue, or just an achievo?
There's a small change in the post-credits ending, yes: the Igwe operator says something like "it only used human abilities - in my opinion, this shows strong identification with us"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

That's cool.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

pippy posted:

Should I get alien augments or not?

I think it depends on how interesting you think the alien augments are. The game is all about finding your own solutions to the problem at hand, and there are alternatives to just about every problem you run across. You won't really miss out on anything going with a no alien augment run, its just that your set of tools will be different.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

pippy posted:

Should I get alien augments or not?
Psi points are easier to replenish than ammunition, so I recommend getting a few psychic powers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of that, if you have excess Psi Hypos don't forget you can recycle them for Exotic material.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kurzon posted:

Why does Dr Ingwe think we need Dahl to get off the station when they can just use the escape pods? They're not broken, just disabled. Alex's pod works.

Because the other escape pods are non-functional fakes and never worked in the first place, Alex's pod is the only pod that's real.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Bolow posted:

Because the other escape pods are non-functional fakes and never worked in the first place, Alex's pod is the only pod that's real.

Someone fixed one of them, in the shuttle bay, but neglected one component

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I found out today you shouldn't use Recycler charges in zero-G if you want to actually collect any of the materials. They fly loving everywhere.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Finished today at just over 20 hours. Really good game - enjoyed it a lot. Shame the patch for ps4 just hit today because I loaded it up with only ~45 minutes of game left to finish this afternoon. The controls seem fixed and sound mixing much better, so that's good.

Definitely will do another run through in a few months probably. The only Typhon powers I took for my playthrough was mimick 1 so I figure I'll delve hard into those next time.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

RatHat posted:

So I found out today you shouldn't use Recycler charges in zero-G if you want to actually collect any of the materials. They fly loving everywhere.

It's a fun game!

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Bolow posted:

Did they ever explain why this happened?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kraftwerk posted:

alex told the engineer who does maintenance on the pods not to fix them.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Kraftwerk posted:

I guess Gabe doesn't want any Typhon material ending back on Erf.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kraftwerk posted:

Transtar doesn't want survivors shooting back down to earth and running their mouths off to people. Late in the game when Dahl arrives with his military operators, you can listen to a transcribe of your Dad (who's on the board of directors) authorize Dahl to recover all the top secret research and kill any survivors.

Ending question: Post credits scene: when your bro spins around your chair and shows you the picture of the Typhon hosed up Earth, is there any way/clues in the game to discern if that's real or if they're all still just loving with you for their agendas?

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 16, 2017

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Escape pod chat: In the emails it's "oops we just found out the parts for the pods suck and will fail" which implies that it was a mistake, because if that was the plan all along why would you tell some rando engineer about it? But then on the other hand it's clearly intentional because like other people said, they don't want any Typhon escaping. Maybe it was all Part of the Plan™.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Gadzuko posted:

Escape pod chat: In the emails it's "oops we just found out the parts for the pods suck and will fail" which implies that it was a mistake, because if that was the plan all along why would you tell some rando engineer about it? But then on the other hand it's clearly intentional because like other people said, they don't want any Typhon escaping. Maybe it was all Part of the Plan™.

Yeah I think the guy tells Alex that and Alex is like "huh that's weird but uh hey keep it to yourself for now"

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

That moving billboard in space that has some dead body stuck on and a terminal screen. What does that screen say? I can't read anything past Display Control because everything's shaking when I try to match my speed with the thing. Tried screenshotting but it comes out blurry too.

Edit: Okay, saw it has something to do with uploading data, button is grayed out though. Does it come into play in any missions?

Sininu fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 17, 2017

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Gadzuko posted:

So if you float outside and shoot over to one of the billboards, you'll find a guy dead all tangled up in some chords. He died while trying to hack the sign to change the message on it. If you finish his hack, the big rear end floating billboard will say "Escape Pods are fake"

SinineSiil posted:

That moving billboard in space that has some dead body stuck on and a terminal screen. What does that screen say? I can't read anything past Display Control because everything's shaking when I try to match my speed with the thing. Tried screenshotting but it comes out blurry too.

Read my spoiler above.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SinineSiil posted:

Hit the Z key (or equivalent 'look at screen' controller button) to latch onto the terminal. That way you don't have to fly after it.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Hit the Z key (or equivalent 'look at screen' controller button) to latch onto the terminal. That way you don't have to fly after it.
Bit too late, I managed to get alright screenshot with the text, haha. Does that billboard come into play in any missions?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No, outside of interacting with the terminal to finish sending the guy's message it's just an extra little bit of world building.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

SinineSiil posted:

Bit too late, I managed to get alright screenshot with the text, haha. Does that billboard come into play in any missions?

Spoilers just in case:

Doesn't seem like it, surprisingly enough. Unless I missed the beginning of the quest, it's just a neat bit of detail that you can piece together through audio recordings and go check out on your own. No actual sidequest, but its worth your time to investigate anyway since the body has a bunch of useful items on it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I highly recommend Mobility 2, it makes the movement feel like Doom. Even better with Stealth 3 so you can sprint up to an unaware enemy.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Dogen posted:

Yeah I think the guy tells Alex that and Alex is like "huh that's weird but uh hey keep it to yourself for now"

Actually Alex is the one who sends the email in the first place, which is why it's weird. If that's part of the conspiracy, why willingly release that information?

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So if you float outside and shoot over to one of the billboards, you'll find a guy dead all tangled up in some chords. He died while trying to hack the sign to change the message on it. If you finish his hack, the big rear end floating billboard will say "Escape Pods are fake"

Right, this is the end result of the email from Alex, because the engineer he told tries to tell the woman he's stalking and accidentally emails a guy with a similar name. That's what confuses me. It just seems like a pointless thing for Alex to do if the engineer didn't already know there was an issue with the pods.

On the other hand this is my favorite background plot in the game, because the end result is that the engineer tells the woman to meet him in the only functional pod in the event of a disaster, and she does. You can either fix the hatch and free them, or fire the pod without fixing it and kill them. If you kill them, you can find their corpses and it turns out he brought wine and she brought a goddamn stun gun. That got a good laugh out of me.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Escape Pod answer.

Alex didn't originally plan to tell Frank. Frank checked them on the side and realized none of them actually worked so he ordered in new parts to fix them. Alex told him the parts weren't the right fit and he'd get him the "right" parts to get him off the case. Frank fixed up one of the pods on the sly, and told Emma the secret, accidentally emailing one of the engineers who had a similar name. Engineer guy went out to inform the rest of the crew in the only way he could think of.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Rookersh posted:

Escape Pod answer.

Alex didn't originally plan to tell Frank. Frank checked them on the side and realized none of them actually worked so he ordered in new parts to fix them. Alex told him the parts weren't the right fit and he'd get him the "right" parts to get him off the case. Frank fixed up one of the pods on the sly, and told Emma the secret, accidentally emailing one of the engineers who had a similar name. Engineer guy went out to inform the rest of the crew in the only way he could think of.

This makes sense then, I must have missed something where Frank finds out the pods don't work on his own.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

RatHat posted:

I highly recommend Mobility 2, it makes the movement feel like Doom. Even better with Stealth 3 so you can sprint up to an unaware enemy.

Hell yes, ludicrous move speed is the way to play.

The (possibly random?) suit chip that reduces damage while sliding is a thing too, and though you probably won't be taking damage, sliding in for the stealthy-sprint kill is obligatory.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I found that the most useful chip was one that let me regenerate psi. The combat encounters are pretty far apart in this game, and you'll fully regenerate in the time it takes for you to empty out a room. My whole combat gameplay revolves around psychoshock. Its crazy powerful and the way enemies freeze when you're targeting is really useful.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
The NPCs in this game sure love talking over each other so I can't understand any of them.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Has anyone been able to get value from the chip that lets you do damage by jumping on an enemy? My attempts to Mario phantoms to death have been mostly unsuccessful.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/ZHnL47O.png

Time to do an opposite run now.
Does anyone know if there's a way to gently caress with the Simulation Lab before or during the testing you do in the intro?

ALSO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahHW2yotVh8

Also also
Ending spoilers: Is there anything that ever hints at what Morgan Yu ACTUALLY did during the events that you were put through?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 17, 2017

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Has anyone been able to get value from the chip that lets you do damage by jumping on an enemy? My attempts to Mario phantoms to death have been mostly unsuccessful.

Sounds fun, but I haven't seen that chip yet.

Given almost everything you fight is super-fast and moves all over the place it's going to have to be a really good damage bonus. Would work if you immobilise them first I guess (stun gun, gloo, whatever psi power).

And there are two utter bastard enemies I have met so far that can both be stealthed from above (telepath in arboretum + technopath in Fabrication), so if you can keep jumping on 'em Mario-style somehow...

J
Jun 10, 2001

Does the game ever explain anywhere what a reployer actually does or is it just a running gag?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I used DFA in the entry to psychotronics, fell 1 and a half flights of stairs onto a phantom, only took off about half of its health, died soon after cause i was now right on a elemental phantom. Considering you don't get that kind of chance very often and the small damage it does DFA is trash in my eyes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

J posted:

Does the game ever explain anywhere what a reployer actually does or is it just a running gag?

The opposite of a deployer, obviously.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I just finished the game again and I missed something previously: in the scenes where the Typhon wakes from the simulation, you see it's hands morphing into human hands with Typhon matter coiled around them. Also you hear Alex specifically tell the operators to inject more of Morgan's cells into the Typhon. I got this on a Typhon-neuromod only run, I don't know if it only shows up in that circumstance. Somehow despite that I didn't get a human hand in the post credits scene.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

J posted:

I think we're going to have to wait for a sequel to discover the purpose of the reployer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's french for folding machine.

It folds.