Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gay picnic defence posted:

They can try him in absentia can't they?

Sure but having Pell fart about the Vatican in safety eyeing off the younger tourists until he finally dies of old age doesn't help anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

DancingShade posted:

Sure but having Pell fart about the Vatican in safety eyeing off the younger tourists until he finally dies of old age doesn't help anyone.

No, but it does a lot of longer term damage to the credibility of the church which is a good thing

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gay picnic defence posted:

No, but it does a lot of longer term damage to the credibility of the church which is a good thing

Yeah I guess so. Bigger picture and all that.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
It would also be comfort to some victims to have his crimes acknowledged even if he escapes punishment

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/lenoretaylor/status/864603656204697600

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
A letter from the Finance Department advised him [Culleton] he was legally required to pay back his $200,000-a-year salary he earned as a senator, plus what he paid his staff and other expenses, because the High Court found he was never eligible to run for election. [ABC]

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

a "tax" that is tax deductable, great

this is all theatre

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

please don't die hooman

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

please don't die hooman

Yeah, if we have to suffer through all this bullshit then you can loving well come along for the ride too. Selfish prick.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I like how some sportsperson gets a state funeral or something

like who is this person even again?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Recoome posted:

Hockey is dead? gently caress yeah!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Recoome posted:

Lou Richards was a really big deal for people who enjoyed the prime of their life from 1945 through 1985. He did a lot to professionalise and grow AFL. He is a popular public figure and something of a Victorian icon.

State funerals are held for people who are deemed to be of public significance so that the public can attend their funeral. A lot of people are going to miss Lou Richards and hold that he offered a significant contribution to Australian life.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh wait sorry. Sports is for idiots and offers nothing to society. Please read my post on the internet.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Simon Bermingham on ABC talking about how there's only a handful of uni students protesting

ughhhhhh it could be that we are really loving busy right now. I'd love to be protesting today but I am snowed under with an assignment

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JBP posted:

Lou Richards was a really big deal for people who enjoyed the prime of their life from 1945 through 1985. He did a lot to professionalise and grow AFL. He is a popular public figure and something of a Victorian icon.

State funerals are held for people who are deemed to be of public significance so that the public can attend their funeral. A lot of people are going to miss Lou Richards and hold that he offered a significant contribution to Australian life.

crypto-boomer spotted

crank up the guillotine boys

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Recoome posted:

You nerd

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

If he wasn't bankrupt before....

starkebn
May 18, 2004

why does noone know my state's sports icon from 40 years ago?

:arghfist:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Recoome posted:

Simon Bermingham on ABC talking about how there's only a handful of uni students protesting

ughhhhhh it could be that we are really loving busy right now. I'd love to be protesting today but I am snowed under with an assignment
yep, we don't have time to protest

not risking failure to shout at this deadshit government

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

complains about government spending on public events

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Recoome posted:

bowmore posted:

yep, we don't have time to protest

not risking failure to shout at this deadshit government
Spoken like true scabs.

But we don't have time to worry about that now because:-

:siren: TERROR! TERROR! TERROR! Ooooooooooh Boooooggy BooggyTERROR! TERROR! TERROR! :siren:

Some fatuous flatulence

quote:

TAKING ON TERROR - Terrorist Khaled Sharrouf’s brother charged The Australian12:00AM May 17, 2017 SAM BUCKINGHAM-JONES (alledged) Journalist Sydney - PAUL MALEY National Security Editor Sydney (So you know it's serious)

The brother of one of Australia’s most notorious Islamic State terrorists, Khaled Sharrouf, has been charged after allegedly resisting police officers during an early morning raid on Anzac Day. Arken Abdull Rahim Sharrouf yesterday appeared in Sydney’s Sutherland Local Court charged with resisting an officer in the ­execution of duty. Dressed in a dark jacket, light pants and a grey headpiece, the 30-year-old younger brother of Khaled pleaded not guilty to the charge, which stemmed from a raid on his Peakhurst home in the early hours of Anzac Day. Mr Sharrouf’s house, which he shares with his wife and four young children, was raided apparently because of concerns he may have violated a Firearms Prohibition Order, which allows police to search him at will.

“Your Honour, we’re entering a plea of not guilty,” Mr Sharrouf’s lawyer, Omar Juweinat, told magistrate Julie Huber yesterday. Court documents obtained by The Australian reveal that while Mr Sharrouf has no recorded violence convictions, he “has warnings that he is associated with terrorist activity. The accused stated he suffers from schizophrenia but no details were supplied to police,” the documents say. “It is unknown if the ­accused has made statements or carried out activities advocating support for terrorist acts or violent extremism.”

Mr Sharrouf was arrested on Anzac Day morning, taken to a southern Sydney police station, and charged after allegedly hindering two constables in the ­execution of their duty. He was later granted unconditional bail. In late 2013, Khaled Sharrouf, who also said he had schizophrenia, travelled to Syria using his brother Mustafa’s passport, with Sydney extremist Mohamed Elomar, to join Islamic State. A few months later Sharrouf’s wife, Tara Nettleton, joined him in Syria, along with the couple’s five young children. Nettleton later died in a Syrian hospital, effect­ively rendering the children wards of Islamic State for a period while Sharrouf was missing. Elomar and Sharrouf cut a bloody swath through northern Syria and Iraq, documenting their many atrocities and war crimes on social media. Sharrouf gained global notoriety for posting images of his young son holding the severed head of a Syrian official.

:siren: It was subsequently revealed Sharrouf had been collecting thousands of dollars from his Disability Support Pension while overseas. :siren:

Elomar later married Sharrouf’s eldest daughter, Zaynab, who bore him a child.

Elomar was killed by a drone strike in 2015 in the Syrian city of Raqqa, once declared the “capital” of Islamic State’s self-proclaimed caliphate. Sharrouf has since become the first Australian to be stripped of his citizenship after the government enacted anti-terrorism laws. He was reported by Iraqi media outlets to have been killed in an air strike on Mosul, but had escaped death several times previously and is believed by Australian authorities to be alive. After yesterday’s hearing, Mr Juweinat said he and his client would vigorously fight the charge. Specifically, Arken Sharrouf will be challenging the NSW Police Force’s reason for conducting the raid. Mr Juweinat said on April 24 — the day before the arrest — Mr Sharrouf was issued with a Firearms Prohibition Order, which allows police to search any person, any home, or vehicle that person operates, without a warrant. “One of the issues is whether the entry was lawful in the circumstances and, further, whether the (Firearms Prohibition) order was issued properly by the commissioner of police,” Mr Juweinat said after Mr Sharrouf’s court appearance. “The reality is, had it not been for his affiliation with his brother Khaled, I’ve got no doubt this wouldn’t have happened.”

The matter will return to Sutherland Local Court on June 27, two weeks after police are to serve their brief of evidence on Mr Sharrouf and his lawyer.
THOUGHT CRIMES BY BROWNS! better kill all their women.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lou Richards invented the rotating wheel handball game for fabulous prizes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

racing identity posted:

Post and username relevant.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

racing identity posted:

:australia:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

racing identity posted:

poo poo, in that case never mind any of my objections, why aren't we having a national day of mourning?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Being upset about someone who was in a field you don't have a personal interest in getting a publicly funded funeral is boomer as gently caress.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You might as well be in here saying "gently caress Bud Tingwell he was a useless poo poo because I don't watch Australian film and television".

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
This government sucks so loving much

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Anidav posted:

This government sucks so loving much

the re-education taskforce has been dispatched to your location, stay still citizen

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
This government wins so loving much

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JBP posted:

You might as well be in here saying "gently caress Bud Tingwell he was a useless poo poo because I don't watch Australian film and television".

Who?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdlCL7OSuDs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
wish there was a state funeral for you are posting

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

But did Lou Richards urine in his own mouth?????

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Anidav posted:

This government wins so loving much

:cop:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Recoome posted:

But did Lou Richards urine in his own mouth?????

No he played AFL.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
State funerals should only be for e-sports champions and Whirlpool moderators

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I bought two avocados to make guacamole. Where does that place me on the entitled millennial scale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
TWO?!

LOOK AT THIS FARKIN LEANER

• Locked thread