Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The General
Mar 4, 2007

Seriously, if you're a beer drinker and don't have a kegerator, you need to get on it. It's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

The General posted:

Seriously, if you're a beer drinker and don't have a kegerator, you need to get on it. It's fantastic.

qft:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Republicans posted:

Anyone ever hear of people stealing nitrogen tanks from beer systems? Apparently ours vanished a couple days ago. It wasn't locked as far as I know but it was kept in the building's basement/garage so it wasn't an area the general public would frequent. I'm just wondering why anyone would take it.

They're getting high as gently caress.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Drink up!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

I'll have a Smirnoff ice and a mikes hard lemonade please!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Need something in there for the ladies. :whatup:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Skwirl posted:

They're getting high as gently caress.

Seriously, what else would you think people would steal nitrous for? They aren't doing science projects I promise you.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Field Mousepad posted:

Seriously, what else would you think people would steal nitrous for? They aren't doing science projects I promise you.

Nitrogen != nitrous oxide. The only way to get high from a tank of nitrogen is oxygen starvation. The atmosphere is already 70% nitrogen, if N2 got you high we'd all be walking around lit as gently caress all the time.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Point taken. But do you think people dumb enough to go around stealing tanks of it know that?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Anyone know of any good, CHEAP sources for buying these in bulk:
-Kappa Carageenan
-Vegan Lactic Acid powder

Google is failing me.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Squashy Nipples posted:

Anyone know of any good, CHEAP sources for buying these in bulk:
-Kappa Carageenan
-Vegan Lactic Acid powder

What price point are you considering CHEAP?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
So, uh, I just had a conversation whose general gist was "oh you got a degree? You're going to be an accountant in 30 days unless you specifically start shouting racial slurs in the next three minutes"

And get this: I did not.

I, um. I... think I'm close to out, my dudes :gbsmith:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I was half a sentence into that post when the dumbfuck midshift bartender rang in the dumbest ticket until such time as he beats his record tomorrow.

And in a weird way I'm glad, because I was wracked with existential vertiginous self doubt about a transition after so long cooking, until that one ticket reminded me why I'd countenance a change in the first place.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ulmont posted:

What price point are you considering CHEAP?

A fair point.
Cheaper then what I can find on Amazon.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Squashy Nipples posted:

A fair point.
Cheaper then what I can find on Amazon.

In searching I couldn't really beat Amazon, around $30 / lb for kappa carrageenan and around $25 / lb for lactic acid.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Willie Tomg posted:

I was half a sentence into that post when the dumbfuck midshift bartender rang in the dumbest ticket until such time as he beats his record tomorrow.

And in a weird way I'm glad, because I was wracked with existential vertiginous self doubt about a transition after so long cooking, until that one ticket reminded me why I'd countenance a change in the first place.

I'm proud of you. Let me be the first to welcome you to real life.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I'm proud of you. Let me be the first to welcome you to real life.

Now he'll have to do my expense reports. Gonna start buying tons of poo poo with my personal card, 1 item at a time. :getin:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Now he'll have to do my expense reports. Gonna start buying tons of poo poo with my personal card, 1 item at a time. :getin:

I applaud you in this.

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

I already mostly do this (out of necessity rather than spite) and usually submit receipts and paperwork a week after the month has ended. Whups.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

*lovingly feeds them to the shredder*

Naw, I didn't get that man, you sure you filed it?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ulmont posted:

In searching I couldn't really beat Amazon, around $30 / lb for kappa carrageenan and around $25 / lb for lactic acid.

Yep, that's pretty much what I came up with. I was just hoping that someone had a source that sold like 55 gallon drums of the stuff.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yep, that's pretty much what I came up with. I was just hoping that someone had a source that sold like 55 gallon drums of the stuff.

You plan on turning a swimming pool into jello?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
You know it's someone's fetish...

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

That kind of quantity, you'd be best off contacting the manufacturer directly and figuring something out. Is this going to be a recurring order, or a one off?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Squashy Nipples posted:

$2 / lb on Ali Baba, minimum order 1 metric ton.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I probably wouldn't order anything that's supposed to be food from Ali baba, especially a shipping container of chemical powder

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

pile of brown posted:

I probably wouldn't order anything that's supposed to be food from Ali baba, especially a shipping container of chemical powder

I don't think there was any danger of Squashy spending > $4k on Ali baba after complaining about $30 on amazon.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
From the OSHA thread:

`Nemesis posted:

"Cook here. My worst nightmare happened yesterday. An aerosol can of Vegalene somehow fell into the fryer and no one noticed. It exploded while I was standing a foot away with my back to the fryer, showering me with 350° oil. I'm currently in the ICU. "

I don't think it's actually too gross looking at this point, but man this dudes life is gonna suck for months.

:nws: https://imgur.com/AUwo40h :nws:

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Phanatic posted:

From the OSHA thread:

gently caress that poo poo

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Phanatic posted:

From the OSHA thread:

nope

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Fuuuuuuck

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

god damnit

now someone post that video

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Phanatic posted:

From the OSHA thread:

:stonk:

Speaking of deep fryers, one of our former cooks stuck his entire arm in one once.

He was a druggie too, so.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Oh my god... That's loving horrifying

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

iospace posted:

:stonk:

Speaking of deep fryers, one of our former cooks stuck his entire arm in one once.

He was a druggie too, so.

:whitewater:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
loving military grade vegelene cans...

One time a particularly doopy dude working prep left the can over The Hottest Grill In America and we found it out by hearing an explosion and seeing hot shrapnel go every which where on the line.

That guy now manages a restaurant in Florida. Food service.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Well, there's one of my nightmares.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Protip... don't use that poo poo.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Protip... don't use that poo poo.

Vegalene for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

iospace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khbQHCgNnB4

• Locked thread