Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://streamable.com/nzwc5
https://streamable.com/5u6pn

The SKS sort of varies wildly, and I can definitely see what people on the PUBG forums are saying about the accuracy changing with every new mag.

Look at your greedy teammate. And his KDR is still only .74

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Did the patch fix the lagswitch punch-out-half-of-the-server cheaters?

uPen posted:

Killing 5 dudes and going out at #30 is a much better time than going out as #2 hiding in a bush.

If you are actively hunting and killing people without suppressors, you are literally just doing other people's work. No one gives a poo poo about your KDA (which you can literally pad by waiting out till the end of the plane ride and punching out 4-5 afk people that you can find in every match), its all about delicious chicken dinners.

Stay vegetarian, friend.

Captain Gordon fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 16, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The funnest way to play the game is doing whatever feels more fun to you.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

Elentor posted:

Legit sounds like something a permanent vegetarian would say, but I wouldn't know what its like to be baited in this videogame, so :smug:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Elentor posted:

:eek:

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
So in the video posted last page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l68tUANzO88&t=1s the shotgun did pretty well hitting those guys in the car.

Does the double barrel have a longer effective range even without a choke or is this actually true of all shotguns?

Futher to this, is that automatic shotgun always the best choice, or is the S1897 with bullet loops etc. better?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
686 is the best because you don't have to rack and its actually accurate (unlike the Saiga, good luck hitting more than twice in a 5 round mag without putting more useful AR attachments on it)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any noticeable changes with this new patch?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Rookoo posted:

So in the video posted last page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l68tUANzO88&t=1s the shotgun did pretty well hitting those guys in the car.

Does the double barrel have a longer effective range even without a choke or is this actually true of all shotguns?

You get similar range with the basic pump shotgun.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I've always had really good luck with the pump shotgun, and it feels like I've never been able to hit worth a drat with the Saiga, but that could just be me being a bad.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Where do you guys find the most scopes? Anything that isn't a red dot or holo sight is super, super rare for me, I almost never find any.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My friend almost almost always picks up the double barrel shotgun because he thinks it looks cool but his aim is so bad that I constantly see him whiff both shots and get dropped :negative:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Reloading is so slow with the pump

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some observations:

-I don't know why but my game runs well. 140fps at 1080p usually on medium settings with ultra draw distance. I turn on vsync from the Nvidia control panel to limit it to 60fps. GPU is at 50% and cpu about 25%.

It's installed on an ssd and my game box is a i5-7600k @ 4.8ghz, 16gb 3000mhz ram and a GTX 1070. I have everything in windows 10 removed like edge, cortana etc. Only the stuff needed to run steam and games.

-Tony Montana's av might be Micheal Schumacher's son. If so that's dark and evil

-When I was 10 or 11 or so I used to go down to the slums to some comic book shop that had a few arcade games. There was a game called Violence Fight. It was kind of like street fighter. Maybe it was street fighter I don't know. Anyways some other kid I was playing against got really mad at how I was playing, so we jumped back from the arcade machine and started throwing punches at each other in the face until we got kicked out of the shop. Anyways, that's kinda like PubG.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

jonathan posted:

-When I was 10 or 11 or so I used to go down to the slums to some comic book shop that had a few arcade games. There was a game called Violence Fight. It was kind of like street fighter. Maybe it was street fighter I don't know. Anyways some other kid I was playing against got really mad at how I was playing, so we jumped back from the arcade machine and started throwing punches at each other in the face until we got kicked out of the shop. Anyways, that's kinda like PubG.

Did you also lagwarp all over the arcade and end up getting stuck in the door?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't use the pump anymore, the rate of fire has gotten me killed quite a few times. Either I use the boomstick w/ a choke and go full on railgun, or I use the SK12 for close encounters. Mostly I've switched to using the UMP or Uzi fully kitted out for my close quarters weapon.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

I love the over/under shotty for its cosa nostra feel, but the UMPire always strikes back

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Anyone else getting like micro lag every other round? It's not bad enough to stop me playing but it's like my character is stuttering around every so often. As far as I can tell my connection is fine.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Basically I always choose my secondary based on which powerful attachment I find first. If I find a choke I stick with the shotgun, if I find a suppressor I stick with the ump.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

asterioth posted:

Anyone else getting like micro lag every other round? It's not bad enough to stop me playing but it's like my character is stuttering around every so often. As far as I can tell my connection is fine.

Nope. With a modern gaming pc it seems to run fine with everything on high and just view distance on Ultra

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Tony Montana posted:

Nope. With a modern gaming pc it seems to run fine with everything on high and just view distance on Ultra

I've got a modern pc, its not video lag its like its server lag.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Um well i think the whole engine has that arma feel which makes it unresponsive and just poo poo for me. But thats design i seem to be fine and im in Australia. If youre in the states with a decent connection then i dont know man

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The game has an OG Ghost Recon / Arma feel that I like, but it plays a lot like Bohemia's Project Argo experiment of making a competitive realistic FPS in the Arma engine.

Personally I wish damage was more realistic with hit locations and such, but I'm also a :spergin:.

My main issues are rare stuttering, in-game physics, lack of a vault / jump over, the game getting wonky when two players are near, and the slow memory leak when you play for hours.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

if you start rubberbanding while people are running fine around you, try crouching and uncrouching. works for me.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

uXs posted:

Where do you guys find the most scopes? Anything that isn't a red dot or holo sight is super, super rare for me, I almost never find any.

High value loot locations, not little houses

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

High value loot locations, not little houses

My experience is the opposite, which leads me to believe that its more or less random.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

It seems like the 'high value' locations simply have way more spawn points and as such more chances to find good gear.

So actually I have a question: is it possible to find the 'level three' weapons in the wild or are they only found in crates?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Someone upthread mentioned using Geforce tools to lock the FPS to 60 which would be great. I've been poking it for a while but it won't detect PUBG, any ideas how to do that?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Rex-Goliath posted:

It seems like the 'high value' locations simply have way more spawn points and as such more chances to find good gear.

So actually I have a question: is it possible to find the 'level three' weapons in the wild or are they only found in crates?

Certain things are crate only - Tommy gun, M249, M24, AWM, 12X scope, Adrenaline... I think that's it. They can also drop certain non-rare items like K98s.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Chard posted:

Someone upthread mentioned using Geforce tools to lock the FPS to 60 which would be great. I've been poking it for a while but it won't detect PUBG, any ideas how to do that?

I messed around with quite a few settings in the nvidia control panel, just make sure you're adjusting pugb not general settings

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

K8.0 posted:

Certain things are crate only - Tommy gun, M249, M24, AWM, 12X scope, Adrenaline... I think that's it. They can also drop certain non-rare items like K98s.

I'm 99% sure I've picked up adrenaline in a normal spawn point before. Those might just be super rare in general but more common in crates.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Rookoo posted:

Futher to this, is that automatic shotgun always the best choice, or is the S1897 with bullet loops etc. better?

The 686 is the best. You can fire off both barrels almost immediately and it's rounds pass through all armor. My experience with the 1897 is that I hit them with the first round then die mid pump to a SCARL headshot, ump spray, or m416 anything. I don't use the automatic one much, but from what I understand you better be using it at close range.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 17, 2017

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think its random to a degree but I am pretty sure if I drop for the military base or the firing range or other key places rather than some farmhouse I'll leave with either an AK/M16 and a scope or I'll be killed in a quick and furious fight.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

K8.0 posted:

Certain things are crate only - Tommy gun, M249, M24, AWM, [15X] scope, Adrenaline... I think that's it. They can also drop certain non-rare items like K98s.

Are the gillie suits still in the game? If so, they are crate only.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

TracerM17 posted:

The 686 is the best. You can fire off both barrels almost immediately and it's rounds pass through all armor. My experience with the 1897 is that I hit them with the first round then die mid pump to a SCARL headshot, ump spray, or m416 anything. I don't use the automatic one much, but from what I understand you better be using it at close range.

I was going to ask this. So they both go off? I've spammed fire on that gun before and it's gone off three times so I can never tell if both shots actually can register or if latency screws everything up. Blasting both off around the same time seems like it'd cause one to miss, no? I'm poo poo at aiming so I can't really experiment with this stuff.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Just had my best finish so far. Best of 5.

It gets super intense once it's down to that few. Every move you make is like watching a mini-condensed-action-thriller film

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Am I the only one who uses the S12K? I don't find myself using the shotgun much at the range where a choke would matter, i just use my AR. For in building/super close range I'd rather have the 8 round clip with the extended mag and just swap to AR when empty.

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
I managed to kill someone with a crossbow and it felt fantastic. That's my PUBG story, I hope you like it.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Jimbot posted:

I was going to ask this. So they both go off? I've spammed fire on that gun before and it's gone off three times so I can never tell if both shots actually can register or if latency screws everything up. Blasting both off around the same time seems like it'd cause one to miss, no? I'm poo poo at aiming so I can't really experiment with this stuff.

They don't fire at the same time, but you can fire them in very quick succession. I think the recoil if you fire them too quickly may be a factor, but I've never been able to fire them off that fast. I usually fire once then again if the first didn't kill them. That usually takes less than a second. The 3 round pop off is just a visual bug I think. It's easily reproducible so I would hope if it actually fired 3 rounds then it would have got patched a long time ago.

Experimenting is hard. I usually goof around in the lobby. Other than that maybe just try to search out the same guns every match until you are familiar with them then move onto others.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Fauxbot posted:

I managed to kill someone with a crossbow and it felt fantastic. That's my PUBG story, I hope you like it.

Tell me you secrets, I want to master the ways of the bad weapon.

• Locked thread