Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

can you import demo data into the game on release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does Disgaea have a plot through the games, or are they all standalone?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Standalone with some recurring characters (apart from the odd direct sequel like D2)

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I'm debating whether to get Zelda wrapped up now or save a little of it for after Disgaea. My first close to a hundred hours playing the Switch have and will all been Zelda, but the 300 following are likely to be Disgaea 5.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I had not played Zelda in like two and a half weeks because I've been playing MK8, Shifty, BoI but I booted it back up and put on the new Mastodon album and it was really cool.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hope Dead Cell gets a port. It's a drat fine game.

Nov 24, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

On topic: Today is the last day to get Gunvolt as a free DLC character in Blaster Master Zero. He'll be $1.99 after. You can still grab the free DLC even if you don't have the full game for whatever reason.

Thanks for this. Didn't realise BMZ had a demo too, I didn't really like the art style but i'll have to check it out.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I hope Dead Cell gets a port. It's a drat fine game.

It's not even in full version yet I thought

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

What're you people searching for to find the Disgaea 5 Demo in the NA eShop?

I've tried as many variations of "Disgaea" as I can think of and no luck.

Thanks for the tip about the BM0 DLC and Demo, though. I'm still on the fence about that one, and now there's no pressure.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Hammer Bro. posted:

What're you people searching for to find the Disgaea 5 Demo in the NA eShop?

I've tried as many variations of "Disgaea" as I can think of and no luck.

Thanks for the tip about the BM0 DLC and Demo, though. I'm still on the fence about that one, and now there's no pressure.

Coming soon section.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
One thing about Kamiko that annoys me is that the girl with the arrows can only shoot in cardinal directions. In close quarters where I'm moving diagonally, I have to get either above/below or to the side of an enemy to shoot. The multi shot goes kind of diagonal but not much.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I hope there will eventually be a Miku game for Switch. It seems like the hardware could handle it being on par with the Vita version of F2nd or something along those lines.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Meldonox posted:

I'm debating whether to get Zelda wrapped up now or save a little of it for after Disgaea. My first close to a hundred hours playing the Switch have and will all been Zelda, but the 300 following are likely to be Disgaea 5.

Finish Zelda now and come back to it for a hardmode run after the DLC has all come out.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm having an embarassing amount of trouble adding Minecraft and Arms to the spreadsheet. Could someone give me a hand?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm at like 560 korok seeds and losing my mind. I really want to finish this up but man I gotta say it's a chore.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yaaa ha ha

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Dizz posted:

I'm at like 560 korok seeds and losing my mind. I really want to finish this up but man I gotta say it's a chore.

.. It's OK to not get them all. Promise

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I like that Puyo Puyo Tetris just gives you quick-start options for basic Tetris and Puyo Pop right from the main menu.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

LethalGeek posted:

.. It's OK to not get them all. Promise

if you 100% the game 5 times you can play as luigi

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

if you 100% the game 5 times you can play as luigi

I just want to unlock Tingle mode

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

C-SPAN Caller posted:

It's not even in full version yet I thought

Nope, it's Early Access. Who knows when it'll be finished.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dizz posted:

Not sure how serious you are but you're not supposed to get all of them.
There are SO many so that you get enough through normal play. In fact the game laughs at you for getting all of them.
You don't need that many item slots. Stop.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm having an embarassing amount of trouble adding Minecraft and Arms to the spreadsheet. Could someone give me a hand?

Nevermind, I figured it out. #smartboi

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Not sure how serious you are but you're not supposed to get all of them.
There are SO many so that you get enough through normal play. In fact the game laughs at you for getting all of them.
You don't need that many item slots. Stop.

I've already maxed out my inventory and beaten the game. I'm just doing the seeds to say that I've done it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Given my complete bounce on the WiiU version and my lukewarm initial impression on the Switch I'm surprised how much BotW I'm playing

Finally made it through the path to the Zora's Domain and boy was that a fuckin slog through so many lizards and wizards and lizard wizards with lightning

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Morby posted:

I hope there will eventually be a Miku game for Switch. It seems like the hardware could handle it being on par with the Vita version of F2nd or something along those lines.

Technically speaking voez already has songs on it that uses Miku

Also all the vita waifu games are getting switch ports due to its fast install base and the system functionally being a system that is better than the vita in every way but homebrew.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 17, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Technically speaking voez already has songs on it that uses Miku

Also all the vita waifu games are getting switch ports due to its fast install base and the system functionally being a system that is better than the vita in every way but homebrew.

Also it's gonna be cheaper to make games for than on PS4 in the long-term for all those small/mid-size developers. No big 1080p/4k game assets to make.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dizz posted:

I've already maxed out my inventory and beaten the game. I'm just doing the seeds to say that I've done it.
Are you using a map?

If not i'd probably put this plan on hold until the season pass stuff drops.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Jesus Christ how do you have that many? I'm terrible at finding them, I only have 75 or so.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The max number for all the slots is 441. Anything more is crazy

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

El Burbo posted:

The max number for all the slots is 441. Anything more is crazy

Yeah, the whole set up is designed to not need 100% completion.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/864726921170505728

A bottle of perfume? In ARMS?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GoNNER launching June 1st for $13AUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfS3EIgxiU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I've decided to buy a Switch but am now debating whether to show up at Toys R Us at 9 a.m. on Friday and hope to get one, or preorder an expensive bundle from GameStop. I want it mainly for MK8.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Disgaea demo not live in Australia :psyduck:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry it's banned in Australia for boobs (or lack thereof).

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Dizz posted:

Dizz posted:

You even acknowledge that you're not having fun at this point. Have a break, at least, for your own drat sake.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

THUMPER is out tomorrow, hoping my AU Nintendo account lets me get into it this afternoon UK time.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Dizz posted:

I'd at least wait for the DLC. The map feature and Koran suit should make things less hellish. Also, stop if it's not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Teaser for the upcoming ARMS Direct. Looks like there's going to be a new character reveal.

• Locked thread