Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Gohan merges his power of ultimate kai unlock no more holding back this is the real deal with the side of him that believes in HOPE and JUSTICE and doing what's right and posing to reveal his limitless power

the Great Gohanman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Judging how Goku ends the OP fighting with his normal hair, I bet he's going to steal his kid's power up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

Judging how Goku ends the OP fighting with his normal hair, I bet he's going to steal his kid's power up.

Considering the OP also shows Buu fighting at the tournament we can assume it may not be entirely honest!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Considering the OP also shows Buu fighting at the tournament we can assume it may not be entirely honest!

He doesn't actually fight in the OP. He just loving lazes around and float on clouds and poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Buy the new SH Figuarts MYSTIC GOKU* featuring his traditional black spiky hair and orange and blue gi!

*not to be confused with the SH Figuarts Goku you already bought!!!! Please don't buy that one and say it's the same it's not this one has an exclusive senzu bean accessory.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Super Saiyan (Mystic) Topaz

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Buy the new SH Figuarts MYSTIC GOKU* featuring his traditional black spiky hair and orange and blue gi!

*not to be confused with the SH Figuarts Goku you already bought!!!! Please don't buy that one and say it's the same it's not this one has an exclusive senzu bean accessory.

I'm still waiting on a Goku in his current outfit with his own kanji emblems on the front and back. I'm the idiot scrub that buys ALL the Gokus.

...Though even I don't think the SSJ3 figure is worth it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Actually this is how they show Buu....

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Carlosologist posted:

Gohan's next power up will be Super Saiyan Rose, since he trained under the gods and that's close enough

This would actually loving rule, and I bet Goku would poo poo a brick because he finally has another Super Saiyan Rose to punch.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Wasn't pink just a colour Zamasu chose?

I'm sure Piccolo could modify his clothes beam techniques to make SS blonde look pink if he had a mind to.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Actually this is how they show Buu....

Considering this says Boogie Back, this is actually the ending. Distinction probably not especially important, admittedly.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
same

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

He doesn't actually fight in the OP. He just loving lazes around and float on clouds and poo poo.

That's the ending. Though you're right in that he's posing with the team and poo poo but doesn't get a fight-shot the way the others do.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
What would a fusion between Freezer and Frost be called?

Froster?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

What would a fusion between Freezer and Frost be called?

Froster?

Frozen.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Goku never bothered me anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Appropiate that they can't let it go

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I found a copy of the DBZ RPG that 4chan's been making and it is so bad. Like, "you want to pick up a rock? Roll dice for it" levels of bad. Also hope you like dozens of pages of numbers and percentage modifiers to properly calculate your power level.

Feeling a lot better about the stumbles I've had with Parallels :shobon:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fuego Fish posted:

I found a copy of the DBZ RPG that 4chan's been making and it is so bad. Like, "you want to pick up a rock? Roll dice for it" levels of bad. Also hope you like dozens of pages of numbers and percentage modifiers to properly calculate your power level.

Feeling a lot better about the stumbles I've had with Parallels :shobon:

Would you say it's worse or better than R. Talsorian's officially licensed DBZ RPG, that used to a heavily doctored version of their Fuzion system?

I have a hard time really faulting Talsorian. Like, the system is *completely* broken and unbalanced, but it tries very hard to stay true to the source material, and is technically playable.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

Would you say it's worse or better than R. Talsorian's officially licensed DBZ RPG, that used to a heavily doctored version of their Fuzion system?

I have a hard time really faulting Talsorian. Like, the system is *completely* broken and unbalanced, but it tries very hard to stay true to the source material, and is technically playable.

Just play BESM D20 the anime roleplaying game.

http://faterpg.com/dl/animed20srd.pdf

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

deadly_pudding posted:

This one has nine attributes (called "aptitudes" but also occasionally "aptitidues" because it's very poorly edited), which includes "Charisma" and "Social" as two different ones. There are also twenty skills, including separate skills for Block, Fly, Ki Blast, Ki Control, Martial Arts, Parry, Sense Ki, Weapon (Melee), and Weapon (Ranged). So if you want to be good at fighting in this game entirely about fighting, good fuckin' luck.

Everything is super complicated, from lifting a rock to determining the cost of a ki blast and look out because power levels are very much a thing.

Combat is basically ripped straight from D&D, and has a wonderful death spiral where damaged characters are more likely to take damage. Every transformation ever featured has a meticulous and detailed write-up which somehow manages to make Freeza's final form more powerful than the Super Saiyan that canonically beat it.

It's a wonderful trash fire and I keep finding new ways in which it's terrible :allears:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fuego Fish posted:

This one has nine attributes (called "aptitudes" but also occasionally "aptitidues" because it's very poorly edited), which includes "Charisma" and "Social" as two different ones. There are also twenty skills, including separate skills for Block, Fly, Ki Blast, Ki Control, Martial Arts, Parry, Sense Ki, Weapon (Melee), and Weapon (Ranged). So if you want to be good at fighting in this game entirely about fighting, good fuckin' luck.

Everything is super complicated, from lifting a rock to determining the cost of a ki blast and look out because power levels are very much a thing.

Combat is basically ripped straight from D&D, and has a wonderful death spiral where damaged characters are more likely to take damage. Every transformation ever featured has a meticulous and detailed write-up which somehow manages to make Freeza's final form more powerful than the Super Saiyan that canonically beat it.

It's a wonderful trash fire and I keep finding new ways in which it's terrible :allears:

This sounds like a waste of time. They are only focusing on the Ki using martial artists. Dragonball has lots of things outside of that scope. How would such a system handle Emperor Pilaf in a mech, or Babidis/Babas magic, or aliens with weird powers?

BESM D20 is the way to go, it covers all of that stuff. Mutants and Masterminds would also be sufficient, but it is more super hero focused.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 16, 2017

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Rutibex posted:

BESM D20 is the way to go, it covers all of that stuff.

Rude. I'm literally right here, working on Parallels :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fuego Fish posted:

Combat is basically ripped straight from D&D, and has a wonderful death spiral where damaged characters are more likely to take damage.

I know literally jack poo poo about D&D but this is literally how a fight works.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

I know literally jack poo poo about D&D but this is literally how a fight works.

In games you tend to avoid creating mechanics where taking damage increases the chance of taking damage, because what happens is it becomes impossible to stop characters from winding up dead, hence "death spiral". This is considered bad design because it's a game and not real life, but honestly nobody's going to like having the poo poo kicked out of them while they are helpless to fight back regardless.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Realism is not the end of goal of an RP fantasy combat system, not even those waving their hands at realism, because dying randomly to a nobody enemy in a single blow is not considered very fun to the vast majority of players and it is not an accurate model of either sword and sorcery or dragonball Z combat.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It is massively unfun as a GM and as a player when you are playing a system that is super duper loving punishing.

The goal is to just have fun. Most fun I have with tabletop games now are ones where the GM doesn't have to roll. And can go along with the whims of the players and have a fun story and gameplay.

Your GM has to not be a piece of poo poo though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Don't be mean and tell people to play BESM, an also bad system

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Fuego Fish posted:

Freeza was just angry at people infringing on his right to enjoy his property!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Those rule examples look like somebody skimmed a World of Darkness book once and then hit themselves with a pipe and started writing the Dragon Ball system.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Toys spoiling who we're going to see beyond episode titles

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is it really a spoiler to say we're going to see a power up we already saw?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Is it really a spoiler to say we're going to see a power up we already saw?

It is a spoiler for the fact that this won't be a one episode gag, like many are hoping.

This is the real deal. This is reality.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Burkion posted:

It is a spoiler for the fact that this won't be a one episode gag, like many are hoping.

This is the real deal. This is reality.

Reality is glorious.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is by far the stupidest idea Goku's ever had, and considering how all this bullshit started that is loving saying something.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TrilliontonNixon posted:

This is by far the stupidest idea Goku's ever had, and considering how all this bullshit started that is loving saying something.

yeah, it rules

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I goku making gohan team leader is the most fatherly thing he's done so far

also i'm on episode 70 of dragonball, it rules

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

bowmore posted:

I goku making gohan team leader is the most fatherly thing he's done so far

also i'm on episode 70 of dragonball, it rules

I like how its a rarely seen father son moment, and also a completely terrible but quintessentially Goku idea.

Seriously Gohan may have booksmarts, but he's never shown himself to be much of a team leader or great tactician. Whenever he does well in fights its because he goes full BLOOD RAGE mode. Piccolo and maybe even Roshi would be way better choices.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

khwarezm posted:

I like how its a rarely seen father son moment

The most intense part of last episode was seeing whether Goku would catch Gohan as he was falling or let him splat against the ground/let Piccolo save him.

So yeah, Goku's parenthood bar isn't set exactly high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its interesting how basically none of our heroes have any sort of command or leadership experience. I mean Roshi ran a dojo, which is kinda that, and Vegeta was a prince of apparently one dude, but thats it. Honestly the only one with experience managing a fighting force is Frieza and maybe dont give that dude the reigns.

E: did Pilaf ever have an army beyond Mai and Shu? Hes basically on team hero now, if only in a mascot capacity

• Locked thread