Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

He's very clearly signaling his next team by wearing the Canadian tuxedo. Welcome to Toronto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
With the first pick of the 2017 NBA draft, the New York Knicks select... LeBron James wow smart move

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Dammit Kareem

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19390205/kareem-abdul-jabbar-says-one-done-era-changed-college-hoops

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/JDJohnDickinson/status/864628853645262848

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The current crop of Celtics have made the conference finals more times than the Clippers

lol Doc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid has a shirley temple at his desk on stage.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Draft update for the G/V thread.

https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA/status/864645643658301440

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I scared my dog when I yelled out "Woo."

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Don't trust any fake news outlets out there, whoever the knicks were going to pick in the 1st round would've had their development sabotaged anyway, Clyde is smiling cause he knows this

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Cool Buff Man posted:

you forgot the t

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

https://twitter.com/HEATCHAMPS2018/status/864506212783726592

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

you forgot the t

Thats why he got scared. It wasn't like me

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

gently caress Billy King

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Enjoy Lonzo Ball :twisted:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

Enjoy Lonzo Ball :twisted:

Of all of the things that make me nervous, that is not one of them

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Good thing he writes the big trade value column

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

All of New England needs to do their best to keep Fultz away from any cocaine dealers in the next few months.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what were boston's odds

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

what were boston's odds
25%

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

what were boston's odds

they had the best odds

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Don't worry, we'll gently caress it up

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Of all of the things that make me nervous, that is not one of them

I feel like if Danny Ainge does what he normally does in the draft it will be him picking like Tatum or something like that. But even he can't pass on Fultz, right???

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Metapod posted:

they had the best odds

oh right they had the nets pick

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I feel like if Danny Ainge does what he normally does in the draft it will be him picking like Tatum or something like that. But even he can't pass on Fultz, right???

If he does a non-Fultz pick I think it would be Jackson. But I really don't think he'll pass on Fultz, especially because I don't think he likes the idea of maxing out Isaiah that much after next year

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cool Buff Man posted:

If he does a non-Fultz pick I think it would be Jackson. But I really don't think he'll pass on Fultz, especially because I don't think he likes the idea of maxing out Isaiah that much after next year

Does he have a choice?

I guess if the Celtics get worked by Lebron it'd be an easier sell to a fanbase, but I can't imagine letting Isaiah go would go over well

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think the great players in the NBA know how to take their opponents out of their game.

Zaza would have been an all-star had he not been robbed by the new rules.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man. Imagine if the Lakers pass on Ball.

I want a hard cam fixed to Lavar if that happens.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

*goes into a trance*

IM AGGRESSIVELYSTUPID FROM THE FUTURE. CAVS SWEEP THE CELTICS AND SPURS. THE CELTICS TRADE THEIR PICK FOR BROOK LOPEZ AND JEREMY LIN AFTER GETTING OUT REBOUNDED BY 300 REBOUNDS AGAINST THE CAVS

*passes out*

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/RudyGay8/status/864663678171402240

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
joel anthony 👁️

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg&t=23s

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Reminder that KD has single-handedly ruined the the WCF aka The Real Finals

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Through the first ten playoff games:

code:
MOV	Tm	Season
170	GSW	2016-17
160	DEN	2008-09
154	MIL	1970-71
148	LAL	1986-87
143	CHI	1995-96
141	LAL	2000-01
137	LAL	1985-86
134	CLE	2008-09
134	CLE	2015-16
132	BOS	1985-86

illcendiary posted:

Did the 2013 or 2014 teams have one?

For the regular-season the 2013 team had Parker, Splitter, Duncan in the top fifteen. 2014 team had Kawhi in the top fifteen.

As far as playoff WS/48 so far it's interesting. Only one time in the 3P era has a team had three guys in the top five. If GSW maintains this pace they'll be the second:

code:
2017 Player		WS/48
Kawhi Leonard • SAS	0.352
LeBron James • CLE	0.294
Stephen Curry • GSW	0.28
Draymond Green • GSW	0.276
Kevin Durant • GSW	0.269

1981 Player		WS/48
Marques Johnson • MIL	0.26
Bob Lanier • MIL	0.206
Cedric Maxwell • BOS	0.201
Larry Bird • BOS	0.198
Kevin McHale • BOS	0.177

The same three as last year. :eyepop:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Reminder that KD has single-handedly ruined the the WCF aka The Real Finals

Even if he would have hypothetically gone to the Lakers or something, at least some semblance or parity/fun games would have continued. I don't know...when LeBron bailed on the Cavs at least it wasn't to the Celtics or some already top heavy team at the time. He pretty much created a super team out of thin air in a lot of ways with Bosh and Wade.

Hell imagine had he gone to the Celtics or Wizards? The ECF would probably be cranked up another notch about now.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Four words about tomorrow night:

MOTHER

FUCKIN

DUNK

KING

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Crazy Ted posted:

Four words about tomorrow night:

MOTHER

FUCKIN

DUNK

KING

Ahh, yiss

Motherfucking dunk king

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://streamable.com/q9lsn

Where's the outrage?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
yessss I love sanctimonious whataboutism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

Everyone else is up in arms but honestly I think somethings wrong with me because I don't see LMA and Zaza's as an intentional dirty play. Your body is always shifting. poo poo if everything I did was put under a microscope in pick-up games I would be afraid to even contest a shot.

• Locked thread