Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Colangelo get on the phone and see just how much Danny Ainge likes accumulating assets my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Rick and I get to spend the next month and a half writing increasingly unhinged scenarios where the Celtics don't take Fultz at #1

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Billy King needs to be executed

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Glumslinger posted:

Rick and I get to spend the next month and a half writing increasingly unhinged scenarios where the Celtics don't take Fultz at #1

Even if the Celtics don't take Fultz, Lakers will still get Ball

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

I wanted the Lakers pick to go to 2018 so this is almost perfect imho.

And it works out well for the Lakers as now no longer owe the Magic our pick in 2019 (the only pick we gave up to get Dwight)

It converts into 2 second rounders

You know, Mitch wasn't a terrible GM (mostly)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

euphronius posted:

I wanted the Lakers pick to go to 2018 so this is almost perfect imho.
Exactly. They get the Kings pick in 2019 too, right? Both those teams are gonna be bad. A top 10 pick for two straight years as they go to the playoffs.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Boosh! posted:

Just wait till next year when the Celtics get to draft Michael Porter Jr.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't know if I have the energy although Ainge is a lot more likely to make a boneheaded pick than the Timberwolves or Sixers would here.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've seen every shot Josh Jackson shot in college. In fact every shot since he arrived on campus. He started the year on a terrible slump and then shot much better. More importantly when he needed shots he hit them, he wills them in which is a thing. He's a scorer.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Harlock posted:

Exactly. They get the Kings pick in 2019 too, right? Both those teams are gonna be bad. A top 10 pick for two straight years as they go to the playoffs.

No. Sixers get the Lakers 2018 pick and the Kings 2019.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Zyla posted:

well the 9/11 hijackers got on their planes out of boston's airport

was thinking about that

was it because seth macfarland missed that flight

Boosh! posted:

https://twitter.com/EvanRobertsWFAN/status/864648949159931904

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
In the end, the Lakers got an upgrade at every position for the Dwight Howard trade and it only cost them two second round picks (one of which the Magic have somehow already traded).

I've been waiting like four years to make this post.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm excited for Fultz to fall to 3

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That's what I said though

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That's what he said.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/864647902601383937

We are all Witnesses

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Harlock posted:

That's what I said though

I'm an idiot who thought you were referring to the Lakers. :cheers:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sixers: They’ll have a loving weird rear end lineup with a 6’9 PG, a 7’2 center who hits 3s, and jackson, who floats from 2-4 depending on the lineup playing balls to the wall every second. Screw shooting, this team would own so hard. 

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If the Lakers are going to take Ball anyway, maybe they can swap picks with the Sixers in exchange for Jahlil Okafor so at least we can say we got something for him.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

kiimo posted:

Sixers: They’ll have a loving weird rear end lineup with a 6’9 PG, a 7’2 center who hits 3s, and jackson, who floats from 2-4 depending on the lineup playing balls to the wall every second. Screw shooting, this team would own so hard. 

If Embiid by some miracle actually could stay healthy a lineup with Jackson, Covington, and Embiid has the potential to be incredible defensively.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Philadelphia receives:

Nik Stauskas
Carl Landry
Jason Thompson
2017 3rd pick
2019 Kings first round pick (unprotected)

Sacramento receives:

2017 5th pick
Artūras Gudaitis (2015 47th pick)
Luka Mitrović (2015 60th pick)

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

tanglewood1420 posted:

Philadelphia receives:

Nik Stauskas
Carl Landry
Jason Thompson
2017 3rd pick
2019 Kings first round pick (unprotected)

Sacramento receives:

2017 5th pick
Artūras Gudaitis (2015 47th pick)
Luka Mitrović (2015 60th pick)

That some Billy King poo poo

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

kiimo posted:

Yeah the Sixers are going to be fun as hell to watch this year if they get Jackson.

Both Jackson AND Covington can float 2-4 defensively so I'm thinking you can put them both on the floor at the same time. Sign a short term solution in the backcourt like a Dion Waiters and roll out

Simmons - Waiters - Covington - Jackson - Embiid

I literally bought season tickets 4 days ago so that would definitely be worth my investment

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can Jackson shoot nba 3s yo.

IF he cant uh. . .it will be a problem.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Woo the Lakers keep the pick!

Maybe the Celtics will draft ball?

lol ya right

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I want the Celtics to fall in love with Jackson so bad

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Knicks need to go after Lauri Markannen so we can have two young tall men to help raid the Eastern Steppes

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Boosh! posted:

That some Billy King Sam Hinkie poo poo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Man why do I get the feeling that Vlade is going to take Tatum at #5 so he can roll the dice at Frank being there at #10 and if not, taking Mitchell and converting him to PG

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Boosh! posted:

That some Billy King poo poo

I mean, you have to take into account it was a salary dump.

Unfortunately the salary dump was used on Marco and Kosta so it's not like it closed the gap that much

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

#5 probably means Kings are getting Fox unless Vlade thinks he can be coy and take Tatum and hope Smith or Frank are there at #10

I'm happy it broke out this way for the Kings since it feels more likely Frank is still there at 11

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i hope the celtics dont get cute and just take the best player

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
For a second I thought you were talking about Frank Mason at 10, that's what Vivek has done to the Kings, bring back the Maloofs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

And to think, some Minnesota fan was trying to say that they've had it worse

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick posted:

For a second I thought you were talking about Frank Mason at 10, that's what Vivek has done to the Kings, bring back the Maloofs.

The French dude's last name looks like the phonetic spelling of insect noises so Frank is easier

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
One of these things needs to happen to justify the lottery order

1) Celtics decide to draft for need and go with Jackson/Tatum
2) Ainge convinces Magic that the Celtics are considering Ball at #1, gets the Lakers to give up assets to move up one pick

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Reverse jinx does work

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

aBagorn posted:

Yeah the Sixers are going to be fun as hell to watch this year if they get Jackson.

Both Jackson AND Covington can float 2-4 defensively so I'm thinking you can put them both on the floor at the same time. Sign a short term solution in the backcourt like a Dion Waiters and roll out

Simmons - Waiters - Covington - Jackson - Embiid

I literally bought season tickets 4 days ago so that would definitely be worth my investment

Sorry dude Colango will start shipping dudes off for garbage veterans.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/NStauskas11/status/864645917881782272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Ok, so now Boston has to be looking to move that pick, right?

• Locked thread