Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

A kid with a fidget spinner in both hands has no hands left to do drugs

They can put down the fidget spinners if they want to do drugs enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

My son is pure in the eyes of god thanks to his fidget spinner - now he has no time to handle sultry women not deserving of his love. In fact, women now stay very far away from him, a clear reflection of their own character.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://heatst.com/life/are-fidget-spinners-the-newest-symbol-of-white-supremacy/

Are Fidget Spinners the Newest Symbol of White Supremacy?

YES

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

mds2 posted:

We got my sons up to about 20,000 rpms using the air compressor. I really thought it was going to explode.

Back when I worked in a machine shop the CNC operators would get the little piece rest bearings going with compressed air and turn them loose. One took off across the floor and hit the sheet metal wall hard enough to dent it.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

tactlessbastard posted:

Back when I worked in a machine shop the CNC operators would get the little piece rest bearings going with compressed air and turn them loose. One took off across the floor and hit the sheet metal wall hard enough to dent it.

i'm legitimately envious that i have never gotten to witness such a thing as what you are describing

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm always popping off the lid of my pen and snapping it back on as I slog endlessly at my desk at work. Would one of those cube things help save my poor pen lid?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

tactlessbastard posted:

I blew up a 3d printed spinner with 3 ball bearings instead of flat bearings on the outside with an air gun. One bearing wound up 10-15 feet away from where I was. Thankfully i didnt break anything.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mds2 posted:

We got my sons up to about 20,000 rpms using the air compressor.

Uhh I'd like to think there's a missing apostrophe but with goons who knows.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
https://fidget-simulator.github.io/fidget/

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
http://www.focustimes.org/boise-idaho-man-rushed-hospital-fidget-spinner-became-stuck-anus/

"Medical staff who treated the man believe he must have slipped..."

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Jerry Cotton posted:

No, I put them both on the fidget thing and let it rip. Thank you for understanding what I meant.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Fake and gay.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

Jerry Cotton posted:

An apostrophe isn't going to fix it. The s needs to be done away with entirely since rpm is already sufficient.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Moneydoesntbuyclass.txt

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

B.H. Facials posted:

An apostrophe isn't going to fix it. The s needs to be done away with entirely since rpm is already sufficient.

Rpms stands for revolutions per meter-second :rolleyes: (A meter-second is the length a meter is in a second, usually around 99.999... cm)

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Rpms stands for revolutions per meter-second :rolleyes: (A meter-second is the length a meter is in a second, usually around 99.999... cm)

I was saying if the guy meant revolutions per minute but then pluralized it for some reason. I work with too many dipshits that enter rpms or rpmz for what is really rpm.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It's funny because titanium is useful because of its low density. And lol at getting mad at rpms - rpm isn't a real unit - do you get mad at ending a sentence with a preposition too?

emoji fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 17, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

B.H. Facials posted:

I was saying if the guy meant revolutions per minute but then pluralized it for some reason. I work with too many dipshits that enter rpms or rpmz for what is really rpm.

Yeah I was focusing more on the fact that he was using a compressor to spin his sons instead of his son's or sons' fidget spinner(s).

Sounds like fun though.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
What is so hard to understand about using an air compressor to move an 8 year old and 10 year old boy 20,000 Rotations in Probably a Minute Squared?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mds2 posted:

What is so hard to understand about using an air compressor to move an 8 year old and 10 year old boy 20,000 Rotations in Probably a Minute Squared?

I don't know back in my day we had to use bellows :(

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I don't think the Reddit man makes half a mil a year or else he probably wouldn't be bragging about his wealth to children with fidget spinners. But hey this is trumps America

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I think people with ADHD are just faking it to get sweet legal amphetamines

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tactlessbastard posted:

The game is called danger nut. You put a nut on a screwdriver and spin it up as fast as you can then launch it at the ground. Everyone watch out for the danger nut!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

DrPlump posted:

The game is called danger nut. You put a nut on a screwdriver and spin it up as fast as you can then launch it at the ground. Everyone watch out for the danger nut!

gently caress yo ankles!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

DrPlump posted:

Hey buddy Osha thread is that way ----->

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Idiot child chokes on fidget spinner

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/health/texas-fidget-spinner-xray-trnd/index.html

Of course it was Houston

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll have one autisinal fidget spinner please.

Do you mean artisanal?

No.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
When Trump asked for the nuclear football, his assistance handed him a small plastic cube covered in buttons. He immediately became anxious with the responsibility that was placed in his hands. He placed the cube in his desk drawer carefully, as not to activate any of the buttons. Later when he came back to retrieve it, after a particularly nasty tweet, he discovered it was missing. He went into full panic mode and began tossing his office. After he left his office he found his young son playing with the cube. Right before his boy could press any of the buttons he snatched the cube from his son's hands and began berating him. The boy stood in front of his father sobbing, and the president felt an immense shame. He gave the cube back to the boy and warned him he must never press any of the buttons or else their could be "yuge" repercussions. Trump then entered his office, began cleaning it up, relaxed as he knew the button was in better hands.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fidget spinners could throw off the Earth's gravity

http://www.focustimes.org/denver-physicist-warns-public-fidget-spinners-affect-earths-centre-gravity/

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2vj1WgC12g

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I feel like this is one of those "if everyone on earth ran in the same direction at the same time" scenarios that the guy from xkcd wrote a whole book about

I'd love to see the paper this guy wrote if only to see if he actually did all the calculations and poo poo

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

The mom from that article also posted a picture from across the street of the ambulance that allegedly had her kid in it pulling up to the hospital. That story screams faaaaaake.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

trollsexyactress.jpeg

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I was considering an exercise ball for when I'm working from home but jesus christ

mind you this :nws: is on page 3 so

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I went to walmart and asked them where those toys for autists were and they just took me to the video game aisle

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I ordered a cube. I'm awaiting its delivery.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Edgar posted:

My coworker has one and will fidget with it all day. Hell my other coworkers have fidget cubes. Plastic box with buttons and a playstation analog stick glued to it.

Just FYI the other kids in your special class aren't your co-workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dreddout posted:

Just FYI the other kids in your special class aren't your co-workers

They're all working towards a common goal: a finished game with not even half a-presses.

• Locked thread