Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Is it finally time for its_happening.gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

You've crashed America. Good loving job. I hope you're all proud. (how the gently caress did you manage to pull that off).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Until Ryan and McConnell walk to the White House and say they no longer support Trump's Presidency, nothing will happen.

Also, I love that Trump (fake or real) threatened Comey with tapes and Comey went all "Come at me bro!" with actual no poo poo memos and notes.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Today owns

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
The entire first page of r/the Donald is about Seth Rich, I've got no confidence all this poo poo will go anywhere.

Whoever mentioned how scarily effective the deflection propaganda machine is has it right, they've got this poo poo down to an art form.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Who the hell is Seth Rich?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Here's today's theme song

https://youtu.be/ECewrAld3zw

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Abongination posted:

The entire first page of r/the Donald is about Seth Rich, I've got no confidence all this poo poo will go anywhere.

Like that's shocking.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

DAS WAR EIN BEFEHL!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

Who the hell is Seth Rich?

He's that DNC staffer who got killed in some DC mugging. MAGAs are convinced that he was the one leaking DNC inside info to Julian Assange and that Hillary had him whacked for it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Abongination posted:

Woah, you mean to tell me the Trump propaganda depot isn't lining up against him!?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zeroisanumber posted:

He's that DNC staffer who got killed in some DC mugging. MAGAs are convinced that he was the one leaking DNC inside info to Julian Assange and that Hillary had him whacked for it.

Vince Foster for the 21st century?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Stultus Maximus posted:

Vince Foster for the 21st century?

literally yes except even more retarded

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

A Hillary Clinton that had Vince Foster and some random DNC staffer murdered would've beaten Donald Trump.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Manafort records subpoenaed for a $3.5m no-tax mystery mortgage just after he quit Donnie's campaign.

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/864651799839600641

quote:

The mortgage document that explains how Manafort would pay back the loan was never filed with Suffolk County, New York — and Manafort's company never paid up to $36,000 in taxes that would be due on the loan.

In addition, despite telling NBC News previously that all his real estate transactions are transparent and include his name and signature, Manafort's name and signature do not appear on any of the loan documents that are publicly available. A Manafort spokesperson said the $3.5 million loan, which was taken out through a shell company, was repaid in December, but also said that paperwork showing the repayment was not filed until he was asked about the loan by NBC News.

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is also taking a "preliminary look" at Manafort's real estate transactions, according to a separate source. The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that the Justice Department has requested Manafort's banking records.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

A Hillary Clinton that had Vince Foster and some random DNC staffer murdered would've murdered Donald Trump.
fixed.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Iron Rose posted:

literally yes except even more retarded

Is there any pizza involved?

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
His name was Robert Paulson Seth Rich.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
His family literally saying no he wasn't involved with wiki leaks. Also the private investigator claiming to have uncovered all this lied about his police background

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Huh. Sounds depressingly like I imagine some Germans sounded in the lead up to Hitler invading Poland.

Edit: Do you want Hitlers? Because this is how you get Hitlers.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

His family literally saying no he wasn't involved with wiki leaks. Also the private investigator claiming to have uncovered all this lied about his police background
Sweet child, trying to introduce facts

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Yeah hey maybe let's not go down this loving path, eh?

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Time to stop lurking I guess, seeing the name Seth Rich involved with some high concept espionage is so loving weird. Dude was my college floor-mate, but couldn't figure out email on his phone until like 2013.
Really nice, if slightly overbearing guy, and dead eye with stats analysis- but not anywhere near as secret squirrel as the loonies are saying he was.

Though, the tagline for his 2007 Student Council campaign was "Not a Polar Bear", so maybe the Russians were involved?

e: what the gently caress is wrong with these people?

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 17, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Don't worry, Detective Claude Taylor of the Louise Mensch Detective Agency is on the case. :downs:

https://webcache.googleusercontent....n&ct=clnk&gl=us

He deleted the tweet, but good god, gently caress these people.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Immanentized posted:

Time to stop lurking I guess, seeing the name Seth Rich involved with some high concept espionage is so loving weird. Dude was my college floor-mate, but couldn't figure out email on his phone until like 2013.
Really nice, if slightly overbearing guy, and dead eye with stats analysis- but not anywhere near as secret squirrel as the loonies are saying he was.

Though, the tagline for his 2007 Student Council campaign was "Not a Polar Bear", so maybe the Russians were involved?

e: what the gently caress is wrong with these people?

nice try, george soros!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Well if Geno fuckface is ready then what are we waiting for? This guy has dreams damnit! and you all just want to poo poo all over them

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Comey memos in the wild!

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/864618372553506816

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I need a script that refreshes this thread every five minutes and then just put it on my second monitor while I play battlegrounds

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Chaffetz followed-through. Not a subpoena, but basically the step right before it. Also, it's for ALL memos/notes between Donnie/Comey, not just the big one.

Here we go.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/864637761982271488

It's Chaffetz. A month from now, he's going to saw that he's reviewed everything, and not only is there no evidence of wrongdoing, and that Trump technically never lied if you squint really hard, but there is some suggestive material about wiretapping of the Trump campaign and HER EMAILS.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Meanwhile, authoritarian thugs are loose on the streets of DC:

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/864665943129108481

https://twitter.com/VOATurkish/status/864631567972540417

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's Chaffetz. A month from now, he's going to saw that he's reviewed everything, and not only is there no evidence of wrongdoing, and that Trump technically never lied if you squint really hard, but there is some suggestive material about wiretapping of the Trump campaign and HER EMAILS.

Probably would just do it to pass it on to the whitehouse what comey had on them imo

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

put every one of those fucks in suits on the ground wtf dcpd.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Some Mississippi passes convention of states from my usual nut jobs on social media. I can't recall exactly what the BS is with this deal again and googling is just turning up the conservative crazy sites. Someone help me out with the catch. Something like they try this stupid poo poo every year or something?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Whip do something

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

BUG JUG posted:

put every one of those fucks in suits on the ground wtf dcpd.

Normally this would be a pretty significant diplomatic incident, but...

`v:smugdon:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

Probably would just do it to pass it on to the whitehouse what comey had on them imo

They were his conversations with Trump, so they should loving know already.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Some Mississippi passes convention of states from my usual nut jobs on social media. I can't recall exactly what the BS is with this deal again and googling is just turning up the conservative crazy sites. Someone help me out with the catch. Something like they try this stupid poo poo every year or something?

2/3rds of the States can vote to call a constitutional convention, and propose amendments that are adopted if ratified by 3/4 of the state legislatures. I believe the Republicans are currently one shy of controlling 3/4 of the state legislatures, which is a particularly egregious failing of California/NY/DC centered Democratic politics.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Dead Reckoning posted:

They were his conversations with Trump, so they should loving know already.

lol if you think trump remembers 5 minutes ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

yo shim has the secret jew and lizard man cabal scheduled an emergency meeting or what

• Locked thread