Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

racing identity posted:

State funerals should only be for e-sports champions and Whirlpool moderators

Australia doesn't have any e-sports champions :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I sometimes let avocados go bad in my fruit bowl because I am literally Emperor Gaius Caligula irl.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Tokamak posted:

I bought two avocados to make guacamole. Where does that place me on the entitled millennial scale?

Did you have to get help from your parents?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifesty...187158d5888a142

Guys I think journalism in this country might be loving dead.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Australia doesn't have any e-sports champions :(

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/MOOnGLaDe

I've met him a few times and he is always surrounded by a harem of Korean Women.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

JBP posted:

I sometimes let avocados go bad in my fruit bowl because I am literally Emperor Gaius Caligula irl.

Borgie status: Letting my avocados go bad to stick it to those millenials

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

You might as well be in here saying "gently caress Bud Tingwell he was a useless poo poo because I don't watch Australian film and television".

Jumping back to last page a bit, but wasn't this basically George Brandis' entire platform as arts minister?

Checks out.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

it's been dead for a while

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

And the Herald Sun used to be such a paragon of integrity.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

He was in The Late Show

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
If millennials spent less time smashing avocados and more time smashing the state we'd have property investors heads in the guillotine and plenty of places freed up for people to live in by now.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

They won't be around long, because when you say something like this:

quote:

Mr Kerr, 50, from Sydney, said the protein water has many benefits for people who are lactose-intolerant, diabetic, elderly or recovering from surgery.

“Post-surgery, you don’t often feel like eating, and this can be a great alternative. Often the elderly and diabetics are not able to have the milky protein drinks as they can’t digest it,” he said.

People will get hurt and they will sue the poo poo out of you.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

sick of Applebees posted:

He was in The Late Show

And the QC in the Castle

Also flew Spitfires in the war

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Serious question, why aren't bike paths between parked cars and the footpath, and not the road? Why not shield cyclists with cars?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Serious question, why aren't bike paths between parked cars and the footpath, and not the road? Why not shield cyclists with cars?

They'd be popping out / hidden from drivers coming up to lights and would get knocked down by cars turning.

e: there's nothing unsafe about the way it works now, it's just that both drivers and cyclists can be rude and selfish. People wouldn't be in such a rush if not for capitalism as well.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

That would mean either contracting the footpath or extending parking to closer to the road. Either way unfeasible, and if a single car parks on that path riders would be effectively trapped and have to mount tge footpath.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Not if you increased the distance you were allowed to park near a corner. But I see the point.

Lid posted:

That would mean either contracting the footpath or extending parking to closer to the road. Either way unfeasible, and if a single car parks on that path riders would be effectively trapped and have to mount tge footpath.

Well you'd be taking over the current bike paths, so I don't see why it would require any more work than repainting lines.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Leaked Documents Reveal Year Long Campaign to Make Conditions Harder for Manus Refugees

Watch as the ALP do nothing with this free kick.

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

JBP posted:

They'd be popping out / hidden from drivers coming up to lights and would get knocked down by cars turning.

e: there's nothing unsafe about the way it works now, it's just that both drivers and cyclists can be rude and selfish. People wouldn't be in such a rush if not for capitalism as well.

I'm just waiting for the day someone doesn't look and opens their car door into me as I cycle too close to the parked cars to not get hit by angry people driving cars.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

oilatsnep posted:

I'm just waiting for the day someone doesn't look and opens their car door into me as I cycle too close to the parked cars to not get hit by angry people driving cars.

Death is certain.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah, this sort of bike lane, where the bikes and the parked cars are separated, is considered international best practice in cycling infrastructure.

Issues of conflict at intersections like JBP mentioned are factored in to the design to reduce the issues involved.

It requires a government committed to increasing cycling participation, and willing to spend money on it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's like this in Melbourne's CBD. Works mostly fine except when people drive right into the bike lane because they're idiots 'calm down its just a quick dropoff!'

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Mad Katter posted:

Yeah, this sort of bike lane, where the bikes and the parked cars are separated, is considered international best practice in cycling infrastructure.

Issues of conflict at intersections like JBP mentioned are factored in to the design to reduce the issues involved.

It requires a government committed to increasing cycling participation, and willing to spend money on it.

Except in Adelaide where the council builds one road like that and there is a massive backlash because it took away a couple of parking spaces.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
So did anyone follow up with Dutton about his bullshit about the 5 year old on Good Friday?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Senor Tron posted:

Except in Adelaide where the council builds one road like that and there is a massive backlash because it took away a couple of parking spaces.

That happens everywhere. People are dickheads.

I was riding my motorbike one day and a man attempted to strike me with his car because I dared to filter past him at a set of lights. I don't drive or motor/push-bike unless I absolutely have to after 7 years of driving for >5 hours every day. People are hosed up.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

JBP posted:

That happens everywhere. People are dickheads.

I was riding my motorbike one day and a man attempted to strike me with his car because I dared to filter past him at a set of lights. I don't drive or motor/push-bike unless I absolutely have to after 7 years of driving for >5 hours every day. People are hosed up.

I'm actually glad you are okay, drivers are the legit worst and I ride a motorcycle and push bike and it's loving scary sometimes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

I'm actually glad you are okay, drivers are the legit worst and I ride a motorcycle and push bike and it's loving scary sometimes

I love my motorbike, it's the one material possession I feel proud of or whatever you'd call it, but sometimes I feel like riding and go "nah, not today" because other drivers have sapped away any carefree enjoyment of it.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

Synthbuttrange posted:

It's like this in Melbourne's CBD. Works mostly fine except when people drive right into the bike lane because they're idiots 'calm down its just a quick dropoff!'

The ones in the cbd are loving terrible if your in a car trying to enter or leave a parking garage due to a row of cars blocking your veiw of bikes flying down the hill or having cyclist crack the sads because you need to be halfway across their bike lane to see past the cars to enter the road

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
ugh gently caress bike chat

edit Content:

Peter Dutton is a Waste of Money

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You should go and watch Australian Dash Cams on facebook or youtube until it's over.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Like I have 2 bikes, I ride for fun and sometimes transport and I really don't get how you folks can do 9 pages on it without actually discussing politics once,

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Bikes are inherently political.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Town planning is political and the question was begged as to why Australia doesn't do what other countries do. Just relax or raise something of interest to you.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/864711419224137728

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Yes, but if they attack the LNP on refugees, they will upset the Howard battlers and swing voters. *beep boop* the best decision is to implicitly endorse it so you'll keep the support from the base and get the xenophobe/bigot vote. Nothing bad will come from this.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Q: Is it the Alps fault they have to get the dipshit vote to win government?

Q: Would an ALP that didn't pander to Inner Sydney racists be electable?

I talk to a lot of the same people that politics listen to and I can understand the ALP but I cannot vote for them.

A party for dipshits

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The change coming from within the Greens to bring in some proper, pragmatic politicians should fix their numbers problems though Anidav. They'll get there mate.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

So did anyone follow up with Dutton about his bullshit about the 5 year old on Good Friday?

Guardian and Insiders have both talked about it (Cassidy asked him about it directly) but since then Dutton's been hiding in his 2GB safe space with Ray "Hug a Lib" Hadley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Are you saying tis better to vote for a party with some good and some bad rather than a party with just good policy?

• Locked thread